Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Reddit users manipulating the stock market....and they're winning

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Reddit users manipulating the stock market....and they're winning

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:05 pm

My 22 year old kid who does not use the Robinhood platform, But rather Fidelity's platform made $7,800 this week.

He and his day trader buddy who happens to be the son of one of the Motley Fool founders, got in early and sold most of their shares after closing tonight.

He's keeping half and rolling the other half over to Tootsie Roll And a few others on the Short top 10 list.

Nothing is going to be as impactful as this week But those stocks will see a bump and he will make money.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:52 pm

I gambled $1,000 on ASO. Now I sit and wait.

GME should be fun to watch Monday, especially if Lester's analysis is correct.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:22 pm
If I understand it correctly, things just got a whole lot more interesting at the market close today because 100K option contracts expired in the money. As I understand it, that means the folks who sold the options which 99% of the time never have to make good on the option, at least when it priced well above the stock price and make their money on the price of the contract.

i.e. I'll pay $2 to purchase Buzzboard Inc. stock at $100/share. If Buzzboard closes on the option date @ $95 I won't exercise the option and they pocket the $2. If Buzzboard closes @ $105/share then I'm in the money and can exercise my option to buy @ $100 and the option seller must make good on the shares In GameStops case it wasn't just a $5 jump in price, but 100's x jump. As mentioned, normally a wildly higher contract price is a bet the option seller is happy to make, but this time they got burned. Hard.

What appears to have happened today with the 100,000 contracts that expired in the money is the option sellers must now come up with 10,000,000 shares of GME over the weekend for settlement on Monday. The problem there is the availability of GME stock is already scarce and/or getting increasingly expensive with hedge funds trying to cover their short interest losses because the Reddit kids aren't selling.

If MW is tuned in, do I have this roughly correct?
Buzzboard stock would definitely be trending up for the month with McReason/trollnlife and Lucky gone. However, futures look tentative with a possible troll back. But there are still some eager investors as the Turkeytop "You Be the Judge" threads have been renewed for 2021.

Edit: Fake Rachel is gone. Investors are strongly encouraged.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:52 am

Last edited by audiophile on Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:52 am
The World has ended! :blink

AOC, Trump Jr. and Ted Cruz can all agree...
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ruz-463539
It’s about time we had some unity. We can all go home now out work here is done.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:54 am

Amen!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:14 pm

I f knew how to do it, I'd have thrown a couple of hundred into this. Sure, I'd have probably lost it. But it would be worth it just to be part of sticking it to the man.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:34 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:52 am
The World has ended! :blink

AOC, Trump Jr. and Ted Cruz can all agree...
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/2 ... ruz-463539

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldJTrumpJr ... 6915526645
Add Rashida Tlaib and Rush Limbaugh to that list.

Strange times we're living in.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:08 pm

As George Carlin once said(in one of the few things I agreed with him), "It's a small club, and you aren't in it."

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:52 pm
I gambled $1,000 on ASO. Now I sit and wait...
This ended up being a solid purchase. Now up nearly 50% (from $21/share to almost $32/share).

Still holding.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:40 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:08 pm
As George Carlin once said(in one of the few things I agreed with him), "It's a small club, and you aren't in it."

And a club in which I have zero desire to become a member.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic