Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Playing Child Games

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
hanson

Trump Playing Child Games

Post by hanson » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm

Trump opens Florida office to push his former administration's agenda

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN29V07C

This is like children "playing school" at home....pathetic. Doesn't he know his administration no longer exists except in his exceptional brain

TC Talks

Re: Trump Playing Child Games

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:22 pm

hanson wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:12 pm

This is like children "playing school" at home....pathetic. Doesn't he know his administration no longer exists except in his exceptional brain
He's becoming a lobbyist. He recently moved 600+ million dollars into a company to do this. He isn't going to just give up the power he has over his deplorables.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:35 pm

hanson wrote:

He’s gonna have to be completely unable to function before the grip on his supporters is broken.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:18 pm

hanson wrote:

Donald Trump opened an office in Florida on Monday that will handle his duties as a former U.S. president and seek to further his administration’s agenda.
Maybe if he had handled his duties when he was in office, he might still be President, :lol

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm

hanson wrote:
Doesn't he know his administration no longer exists except in his exceptional brain
If his administration no longer exists, why are Senate Democrats still trying to remove him from office?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm
hanson wrote:
Doesn't he know his administration no longer exists except in his exceptional brain
If his administration no longer exists, why are Senate Democrats still trying to remove him from office?
The attempt is to bar him from holding future office. That would be a vote taken after a conviction. He’s already been impeached by the way. That happened in the house while he was still president. Folks saying this is the impeachment of a private citizen (looking at you Rand Paul) are lying.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:20 pm

I remember the same outrage when Obama never even left Washington after office and continued to pull deep state strings.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:20 pm
I remember the same outrage when Obama never even left Washington after office and continued to pull deep state strings.

What is this deep state I keep hearing about? Is it another branch of government. I don't think we have a parallel body to that in Canada. If we do, it's called something else.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:26 pm
Matt wrote:

What is this deep state I keep hearing about? Is it another branch of government. I don't think we have a parallel body to that in Canada. If we do, it's called something else.
It’s another right wing conspiracy theory... supposedly all of the bureaucrats are totally against Trump and any change in the status quo because it will weaken them. Consider it QAnon light.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Matt wrote:

It’s another right wing conspiracy theory... supposedly all of the bureaucrats are totally against Trump and any change in the status quo because it will weaken them. Consider it QAnon light.
I used hyperbole. My definition of the deep state is basically the career non-political federal staff. They're the ones that ultimately run the government.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:10 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Matt wrote:

I used hyperbole. My definition of the deep state is basically the career non-political federal staff. They're the ones that ultimately run the government.
They are the nuts and bolts people. They are determined to carry out the missions of their respective departments and are generally good people committed to public service. They should be worked with and not vilified.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:40 am

CBS said Trump is calling this:
"Office Of The Former President".

I don't quite understand the liberal leaning press. If they hate the guy's guts, why give him any publicity for his agenda. Let him fall off the radar. Be thought of no more.

One of my many little hustles is writing a monthly newsletter for an organization I've been "drafted" to be a member of. The people that are snarky towards me never get mentioned.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:22 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:40 am
CBS said Trump is calling this:
"Office Of The Former President".

I don't quite understand the liberal leaning press. If they hate the guy's guts, why give him any publicity for his agenda. Let him fall off the radar. Be thought of no more.

One of my many little hustles is writing a monthly newsletter for an organization I've been "drafted" to be a member of. The people that are snarky towards me never get mentioned.
They don't hate him. They love the eyeballs and clicks the guy brings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:39 am

I say stop talking about him and stop the impeachment process. Let's focus on bettering the country. We have to get COVID under control! Stop acting like we have more time.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:35 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:39 am
I say stop talking about him and stop the impeachment process. Let's focus on bettering the country. We have to get COVID under control! Stop acting like we have more time.
It seems the left just can't. If we were all honest, we would acknowledge that's what got him elected too. He didn't have to spend hardly anything to run in 2016. The press and the left kept him in the headlines every single day, giving him exposure to people who had never even heard his name before. I remember some analysis back then that estimated the "free advertising" was equivalent to billions of dollars of paid coverage.

They like the clicks, they like the attention. They can't let him go. They need to get their own names and brands covered and the only/best way to do that is to continue riding the Trump coattails even if they're not welcome.

There's probably a personal and institutional clinical psychiatric condition to describe it, but "TDS" works just as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic