Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The MAGA Party

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Robert Faygo

Re: The MAGA Party

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:45 pm

Can't. That's the point.

There is always too much power on the extremes to allow a centralist party of moderates from both sides to exist. When I say no one gets right I mean those people trying to establish a new independent party. They always fall victim to the machinery of a political system that has been in place since Reconstruction.

Bernie is indeed the perfect example of the establishment not allowing someone like him to succeed.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:08 pm
The Tea Party felt a lot more legit than whatever this farcical MAGA / Patriot party thing is.

As the Biden administration gets some successes under their belt, the threat of a 3rd party will fade just like all the others before it. There are enough smart people left that will regroup the right to be able to focus on a reconstructed viable party. Somewhere out there is another Sarah Palin that will implode MAGA.

Right now the fog of war is too fresh and thick.
The Tea Party was not a political party. It was simply a Republican activist movement.

We are talking about creating an entire new political party here.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:53 pm

After attracting the attention of extremists that wanted independence, that's where they ended up. Did Ron Paul really want his own playground?

When they reached detente with the Republican Party, it upset a lot of the original Tea Party supporters. Those that bailed became MAGA.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:53 pm
After attracting the attention of extremists that wanted independence, that's where they ended up. Did Ron Paul really want his own playground?

When they reached detente with the Republican Party, it upset a lot of the original Tea Party supporters. Those that bailed became MAGA.
MAGA started when Trump went down the escalator and made his speech. He simply attracted the tea partiers. Ron Paul was not really a part of the Tea Party movement. He predates it by quite a bit.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:16 pm

The tea party actually started in 2008 with Ron Paul pacifists who wanted the FED audited and opposed the bank bailouts. Unfortunately, the nationalists overtook it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:08 pm
.... As the Biden administration gets some successes under their belt, the threat of a 3rd party will fade just like all the others before it ....
I may disagree with this. It's true a Trump led, or Trump inspired platform don't stand a chance.

But I think back to Perot dropping out twice and still getting 19 percent. I ponder if an outsider could pull it off. Let's be honest, that's how Trump got elected. I acknowledge an outsider within the party wouldn't be able to get his or her parties nomination again. It would have to be a third party run.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:16 pm
I honestly think the country would benefit from many parties. I see liberals branching out and the Moderate Democrats and Republicans merging.
I ponder if many parties may result in more gridlock. No one would have a majority.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm

The Tea Party was not a political party. It was simply a Republican activist movement.
The Tea Party was NOT a "Republican activist movement" but a CONSERVATIVE activist movement that the Republicans Party shit all over after they used it to get elected.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm

The Tea Party was NOT a "Republican activist movement" but a CONSERVATIVE activist movement that the Republicans Party shit all over after they used it to get elected.
The Tea Party folks blew several winnable elections...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic