Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden Signs Executive Order Banning Workplace Discrimination against LGBT People

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Biden Signs Executive Order Banning Workplace Discrimination against LGBT People

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 pm

It's only day one, and Biden has already issue an executive order prohibiting discrimination against LGBT people in the workplace. Off to a roaring start.

https://www.metroweekly.com/2021/01/pre ... imination/

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

jadednihilist

Re: Biden Signs Executive Order Banning Workplace Discrimination against LGBT People

Post by jadednihilist » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 pm
It's only day one, and Biden has already issue an executive order prohibiting discrimination against LGBT people in the workplace. Off to a roaring start.

https://www.metroweekly.com/2021/01/pre ... imination/
This is a good victory for civil rights and a step in the right direction, but I'm uneasy with the notion of binding protections against discrimination with an executive order. This opens the door for yet another unilateral reversal with a future administration. Hopefully these protections can be held more firmly via the legislative branch.

I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

fuzzpower

Re: Biden Signs Executive Order Banning Workplace Discrimination against LGBT People

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 am

I thought you hated executive orders, bashing Trump when he issued them. Biden issued at least three in less than twelve hours (it may be more, I haven’t checked this morning).

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 am

Be careful going to that website you linked, Freak.
My Black Ice Defender had some issues with it.
That site may be a little more intrusive than you think.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:40 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 am
I thought you hated executive orders, bashing Trump when he issued them. Biden issued at least three in less than twelve hours (it may be more, I haven’t checked this morning).
Not when it is restoring what was the law of the land before Trump.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:35 am
Be careful going to that website you linked, Freak.
My Black Ice Defender had some issues with it.
That site may be a little more intrusive than you think.
My apologies for the link being filled with spyware.

This is better. https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/01/21/j ... n-country/

Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:30 am

Biden issued at least three in less than twelve hours (it may be more, I haven’t checked this morning).
He signed fifteen of them on day one.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:30 am
Biden issued at least three in less than twelve hours (it may be more, I haven’t checked this morning).
Has anyone called him a dictator yet?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
11 of them simply undid Trump EO’s.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:02 am

Bryce wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Well let's see, Trump spent a majority of his first year trying to undo everything that Obama had created, Joe Biden is just putting things back.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:41 pm

As expected, the far lefties here think it’s OK when Biden does it, but not Trump. Hypocrites.

For the record, I don’t like them by any President. This is not what the founders had in mind when they put that power in the Constitution.

hanson

Post by hanson » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:02 am
Bryce wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Well let's see, Trump spent a majority of his first year trying to undo everything that Obama had created, Joe Biden is just putting things back.
Exactly!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Why not go through Congress then? That’s how it is supposed to be done.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:37 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Did you happen to notice the senate thanks to Mitch McConnell hasn’t been able to get anything done in years? That’s why not go through congress. Even then with every president doing executive orders anyways it’s about the content therein. So far Biden has signed sensible orders. Trump wouldn’t know one of those if it hit him in the face.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:35 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:47 pm
I don't remember Trump going through Congress.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic