Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McConnell Says Capitol Rioters Were ‘Provoked’ By Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

McConnell Says Capitol Rioters Were ‘Provoked’ By Trump

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 pm

“The mob was fed lies,” the Kentucky senator said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mcconnel ... cab9680c7b

The censorship king from out of state.

zzand

Re: McConnell Says Capitol Rioters Were ‘Provoked’ By Trump

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:20 pm

He is right.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm

If McConnell's comments mean anything at all it would seem to indicate to greenlight a senate conviction. No small potatoes.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:35 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm
If McConnell's comments mean anything at all it would seem to indicate to greenlight a senate conviction. No small potatoes.
I don't know that you will see a conviction, but the count is presumably 17 needed. I would put Romney, Collins, Murkowski, and Toomey in the likely/leans column. Then there are a number of maybe, such as Sasse and Rubio. I have to wonder is Hawley or Cruz would be yes votes to separate themselves from 1/6.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:35 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm
I don't know that you will see a conviction, but the count is presumably 17 needed. I would put Romney, Collins, Murkowski, and Toomey in the likely/leans column. Then there are a number of maybe, such as Sasse and Rubio. I have to wonder is Hawley or Cruz would be yes votes to separate themselves from 1/6.
It needs to be 2/3rds of the senators in attendance. There was some speculation is this was brought up for an immediate vote, that some Republican senators would simply not be in chambers, so they would not be on the hook for a yes or a no. Not sure if that point is moot now or not.

And there could be more information that comes out still that would sway these guys one way or another.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 pm

The House still has to transmit the article of impeachment to the Senate before they can actually start the 'trial.'

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Bull Shannon wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 pm
The House still has to transmit the article of impeachment to the Senate before they can actually start the 'trial.'
If this was so important, why are they waiting??

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Bull Shannon wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:51 pm
Unless the GOP lays a rabbit trap in the rotunda that connects the Senate and House Chambers, I suspect it will make the transit before the close of business tomorrow.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 pm

They might actually wait a few weeks so as not to overshadow the new administration.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 pm
They might actually wait a few weeks so as not to overshadow the new administration.
Maybe, but if I were in the GOP I'd be wanting to get this over one way or another as soon as possible. As more video, evidence and arrests are made public with each passing day it only shows what transpired to be worse than previously known. What might have passed for less than criminal provocateuring is now looking more and more like an orchestrated attempt to overthrow the government. If you're Cruz or Hawley you're really hoping this gets put to bed right away before there are some serious attempts to investigate your own culpability.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Biden has worked out a way with McConnell to conduct both cabinet hearings and the impeachment trial.

The way I read it being described, cabinet hearings in the morning, impeachment in the afternoon.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm
Biden has worked out a way with McConnell to conduct both cabinet hearings and the impeachment trial.

The way I read it being described, cabinet hearings in the morning, impeachment in the afternoon.
Uh, you're making this up. McConnell is set to become minority leader.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:01 pm

And I believe rules state ALL Senate business is to be halted until the trial is conducted

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Yes, and he needs cooperation.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Yes, and he needs cooperation.
He won't have much input in the agenda. Schumer becomes majority leader tomorrow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic