Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Just Be Glad You Don't Live In New York

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Just Be Glad You Don't Live In New York

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 pm

The number of shootings in New York City soared 97% from 777 in 2019 to 1,531 in 2020, and murders jumped by 44% from 319 to 462, the New York Police Department found.
Yet, as grotesque as these numbers are, a New York lawmaker introduced this bill:
A New York lawmaker is proposing legislation that would ban the use or possession of bulletproof vests by most law-abiding citizens.

Assemblyman Jonathan G. Jacobson, a Democrat, introduced the bill, A. 353, earlier this month to amend an existing law that bans use of body armor by criminals committing a felony with a firearm.

His bill would require New York residents to turn over their bulletproof vests to police, who are exempt from the legislation, within 15 days after the law takes effec. Others whose jobs have been determined to require body armor by the Department of State would also be exempt.
So now, even though it is almost impossible to get a permit to carry a firearm in the City of New York, PASSIVE protection is going to be illegal too.

You can't make this shit up.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: Just Be Glad You Don't Live In New York

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm

So if I kill someone while I'm wearing a bullet proof vest, that's a more serious crime than if I kill someone while I'm wearing just a wife beater shirt?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Well, New Yorkers are moving out fast. To all over, just to get out. Traverse City is just one of the areas with an influx of New Yorkers. You'll see their license plates, they're generally yellow with blue lettering if you don't already know. You'll know them by the impulsive way they drive. It's all been on radio and TV news. They live here now. They work online from here now. Their kids are enrolling in school here. But what else can they do to get away from all this? Can't blame them for that. But it all happened too late to show up in the 2020 census. It will take a special census to accurately gauge this.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm
So if I kill someone while I'm wearing a bullet proof vest, that's a more serious crime than if I kill someone while I'm wearing just a wife beater shirt?
You got it. Just as you'll get more time in prison if you call someone by a racially derogatory name while you kill them rather than just thinking it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Source? I can't find numbers that even come close....

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-N ... -York.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:38 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm
Source? I can't find numbers that even come close....

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-N ... -York.html
Your numbers are from 2019.

Try this...

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/nyc-shoot ... ata-shows/

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 pm

What if I wear a bullet proof vest while I'm shoplifting?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:41 pm
with or without a gun?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
with or without a gun?
I'm unarmed but I'm wearing body armour.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
with or without a gun?
I would think there would be no jail time.

Bryce, I am curious why you are so interested in inner city crime. You live in the White suburbs. Have you ever felt that your life was in Jeopardy in a crime situation?

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:02 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:59 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
with or without a gun?
I would think there would be no jail time.
With the new proposed bill, the first offense of even owning body armor is a misdemeanor. The second offense is a Felony.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:02 pm

With the new proposed bill, the first offense of even owning body armor is a misdemeanor. The second offense is a Felony.

Would i have to be wearing it to be guilty, or could I be charged for just having it hanging in my closet.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 pm
Well, New Yorkers are moving out fast. To all over, just to get out. Traverse City is just one of the areas with an influx of New Yorkers. You'll see their license plates, they're generally yellow with blue lettering if you don't already know. You'll know them by the impulsive way they drive. It's all been on radio and TV news. They live here now. They work online from here now. Their kids are enrolling in school here ...
I've been reading the same story about the eastern UP, Articles I'm reading also say the natives don't think they will stay more than 5 or so winters. When the influx becomes an outflux (is that even a word?), the natives think they'll be some real estate to be had for good prices.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:08 pm

I give the NYCer's two years there tops. Just wait until they get a cold winter next year or get into some arguments with people like TC Shuts Up. The UP is even more red. Maybe they will run across UP906 and enjoy the nastiness with him until they find out how far right he is.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:17 am

TC Talks wrote:

Bryce, I am curious why you are so interested in inner city crime. You live in the White suburbs.
White suburbs? I'll bet my neighborhood is a whole lot more diverse than yours. That aside, crime and personal safety isn't limited to where a person lives. Where one travels and does business must be included.
TC Talks wrote:
Have you ever felt that your life was in Jeopardy in a crime situation?
And have the scars to prove it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic