Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump impeached again

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Trump impeached again

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:30 pm

Look at all the Antifa the FBI have confused as Trump supporters. Trump telling these people he loves them didn't help him today.
Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington for pro-Trump events Jan. 6, a day that ended in a chaotic crime rampage when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to people familiar with evidence gathered in the FBI’s investigation.

The majority of the watch-listed individuals in Washington that day are suspected white supremacists whose past conduct so alarmed investigators that their names had been previously entered into the national Terrorist Screening Database, or TSDB, a massive set of names flagged as potential security risks, these people said. The watch list is larger and separate from the “no-fly” list the government maintains to prevent terrorism suspects from boarding airplanes, and those listed are not automatically barred from any public or commercial spaces, current and former officials said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:33 pm

I have never seen this level of hatred and animosity from the Left since the Vietnam War. But it's much worse now. If they would have just gone into Vietnam and finished off the Commies, we might not have the problems we have today. But the Commies had infiltrated the government by the 1950s. Joseph McCarthy was absolutely right. And the Joint Chiefs wouldn't let them win in Vietnam. 57000 lives for nothing. At least Nixon got them out before even more lives were lost to the Commies.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Makes 100% sense.

There should be consequences for misbehavior that occurred in office, even if you've since left that office - no matter your political party.

In this case, if convicted by the Senate, Trump would become the first US President to have such an honor. It 100% matters in the long view of our expectations for our elected officials. Contrary to what many think, this is NOT just about Trump.

The bonus is that, if convicted, Trump would be prohibited from holding Federal office ever again.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:17 pm

MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:08 pm
If it's "NOT just about Trump," then who is it about?
It's about Biden. It's about the 47th President. It's about the 48th President. It's about us as country sending the message that the kind of behavior we've seen in the White House is unacceptable.

That we demand better.

This is how our country has operated since George Washington. We set precedents based on what we learn that is best for the long term survival of our Constitutional Republic.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm

MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:28 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:17 pm
MrReason wrote:
It's about Biden. It's about the 47th President. It's about the 48th President. It's about us as country sending the message that the kind of behavior we've seen in the White House is unacceptable.

That we demand better.

This is how our country has operated since George Washington. We set precedents based on what we learn that is best for the long term survival of our Constitutional Republic.
Then, why not dig up Dick Nixon?

This makes 0% sense.

This is why we don't have trials for dead people. Punishments are intended to be a deterrent. When the person being tried can not possibly face the penalty, we, as a country and, yes, since George Washington do not waste our time trying people that can not possibly face the possible penalty.

Suicide is a crime. It's murder. It's the taking of a human life, like abortion. But we don't prosecute the person who killed themselves because, derp, throwing their corpse in a prison will have 100% effect, just like this stunt.

This is political stagecraft and theater. A 100% waste of time and resources. 100% political gamesmanship (and gameswomanship for all the democrats in the crowd).

Democrats' new hashtag #digupdick
You are in error.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:16 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 pm
I want my fries well done, no salt. Chop, chop.
Every time you say this, I reply with the same thing: "At least he's working".

So let me ask you? Are you gainfully employed yet? The last I've read on here concerning your income stream is that you are laid off from somewhere. Your not yet working because you can't find the same exact job you got laid off from. And you have no interest in doing any other line of work.

Am I mistaken?
Please flame me if I am.
Please.

My honest opinion is that anyone on unemployment should not be critiquing what someone who is not on unemployment does for a living.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:18 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:16 pm

So let me ask you? Are you gainfully employed yet? The last I've read on here concerning your income stream is that you are laid off from somewhere. Your not yet working because you can't find the same exact job you got laid off from. And you have no interest in doing any other line of work.

Am I mistaken? Please flame me if I am. Please.

My honest opinion is that anyone on unemployment should not be critiquing what someone who is not on unemployment does for a living.
Sarcasm doesn’t penetrate you does it? This implies that you actually buy what’s being sold about Bidet without considering that it’s being used to make fun of him and may not be true.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:23 pm

MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:22 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:

Am I mistaken?
Please flame me if I am.
Please.

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:18 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:

Am I mistaken? Please flame me if I am. Please.

Sarcasm doesn’t penetrate you does it? This implies that you actually buy what’s being sold about Bidet without considering that it’s being used to make fun of him and may not be true.
All this talk about "flaming" and "penetrate."

You're all playing into MotorCityRadioFreak's unemployed agenda.
Inching towards that terms of service violation. I’ll start counting words... worked last time.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:29 pm

MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm
MrReason wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:28 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:17 pm
MrReason wrote:

That we demand better.

Then, why not dig up Dick Nixon?

This makes 0% sense.

This is why we don't have trials for dead people. Punishments are intended to be a deterrent. When the person being tried can not possibly face the penalty, we, as a country and, yes, since George Washington do not waste our time trying people that can not possibly face the possible penalty.

Suicide is a crime. It's murder. It's the taking of a human life, like abortion. But we don't prosecute the person who killed themselves because, derp, throwing their corpse in a prison will have 100% effect, just like this stunt.

This is political stagecraft and theater. A 100% waste of time and resources. 100% political gamesmanship (and gameswomanship for all the democrats in the crowd).

Democrats' new hashtag #digupdick
You are in error.
Find one error.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:18 pm
Thanks for the clarification.
It's ok to say things about others on here that may not be true. No harm, no foul.

Sorry about the railroad not working out. Of course, if you were a big boy, you wouldn't of quit such a high paying job with such a great pension because you were scared of the big bad railroad cars.

I know it may not be true. But we're just having fun, right?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:58 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:04 pm
The bonus is that, if convicted, Trump would be prohibited from holding Federal office ever again.
That is absolutely not true. The vote in the Senate (if passed) would only remove him from office. They would have to have a separate vote to prevent him from ever holding a Federal office again.

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:34 pm
You still don’t understand what impeachment fundamentally is.
Akin to an indictment. And these last two really do demonstrate the old phrase "You can indict a ham sandwich!"

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 pm

If convicted, which right now looks unlikely due to the political breakdown of the Senate, there would be a number of tools in toolbox to preclude him from holding office (my use of the word of prohibit was incorrect). Among those would be the 14th Amendment.

If there is a conviction, I would fully expect the Supreme Court to eventually be involved in determining the constitutionality of any penalties. It would be all new territory and should be tested.

At any rate, a conviction combined with his age and the lack of support he would get from the Republicans would essentially end his political career.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 pm
If convicted, which right now looks unlikely due to the political breakdown of the Senate, there would be a number of tools in toolbox to preclude him from holding office (my use of the word of prohibit was incorrect). Among those would be the 14th Amendment.

If there is a conviction, I would fully expect the Supreme Court to eventually be involved in determining the constitutionality of any penalties. It would be all new territory and should be tested.

At any rate, a conviction combined with his age and the lack of support he would get from the Republicans would essentially end his political career.
I might be wrong but I believe a conviction would take 66% of the senate to vote, and the restriction to hold office is only a majority.

The censorship king from out of state.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 pm

I think you are correct. There is some ambiguity there, which is why I would expect the SCOTUS to ultimately get involved. Would he be precluded due to impeachment and/or the 14th? From a purely procedural standpoint, I'm fascinated by it all.

It's history for all the wrong reasons, but history just the same.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Nancy Pelosi using Impeachment as a weapon. That moment Trump was sworn into office all the Swamp plans were put into place. Obama spying couldn't stop him, grab em by the private parts quote couldn't stop him, Russian collusion with US voters nothing, 1st Impeachment Ukraine shakedown (that was Biden), the Covid plandemic, shut down US businesses, Trump rallies couldn't stop them as well as BLM "protests", vote by mail hey that just may work 4 years in the works too, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris bring as much as excitement as a prostate exam, yet they get more votes than Obama Himself, right. Biden campaign rally draws maybe 300 that is including 100 reporters and his campaign staff and no questions either... Are you excited??? Clinton got Impeached all he got was a JOB, Trump was Impeached twice all he got was a Nancy Pelosi hit job. Rip up those Impeachment papers you know just like that "Honorable" Speaker of the House...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic