Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cuomo: If we don't start opening, there will be nothing left to re-open

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Cuomo: If we don't start opening, there will be nothing left to re-open

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:07 am

Hmm, interesting. What has changed, Andy?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo- ... en-economy

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Re: Cuomo: If we don't start opening, there will be nothing left to re-open

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 am

One major change is that the restaurants are not being able to operate outside with cold weather. I've dined out in New York since they closed indoor dining in September- numerous times. They are very well-crafted tents that allow for adequate air flow. Yesterday it was colder in New York City than in Traverse City and dining out has become unrealistic.

Some restaurants aren't doing well in Traverse City but I've talked to two breweries and they have had the best December in their history. Wholesale sales are suffering but retail seems to be doing okay for those places that can figure out how to keep people warm outside.

The next 30 days will be the coldest of the year and it will be hard to maintain outside dining New York or elsewhere. But to be clear, those businesses that could not sustain have been closed for months and I think he wants to make sure those that were strong enough to sustain make it through the next few months
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:45 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 am
But to be clear, those businesses that could not sustain have been closed for months and I think he wants to make sure those that were strong enough to sustain make it through the next few months
So Governor Cazzo all of a sudden thinks business health is more important the the health and safety of citizens?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:13 am

Gee Bryce I am confused, I didn't read that in the article where did you see that?

I see where he said smartly and safely, and given the fact you support Trump I suspect you don't quite understand what that means from a political leader.
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass – the cost is too high," Cuomo said in his address. "We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:13 am
"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass – the cost is too high," Cuomo said in his address. "We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely."
And why couldn't we start doing that, oh, I don't know....back in May or June?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 am

How does science work?

When you're dealing with something you don't know you have to observe it and test it to learn.

The Monday morning quarterback shit works in football because football's been around for 50 plus years. The virus has been around for about a year. It is also killed 350,000 Americans while football has killed less than a hundred.

So why didn't he do it in June? Because we had no idea what this disease was about. We now know much more about it and so we can be more strategic in how we live our daily lives without killing more people.

You know he could always just leave things be. You guys kill me with your whining.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am

The difference between you and us is that you believe that the people are too stupid to figure things out for themselves and thus must be subject to the nanny state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:57 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:56 am
The difference between you and us is that you believe that the people are too stupid to figure things out for themselves and thus must be subject to the nanny state.
Generally speaking people are stupid. That is a golden rule to live by. I wouldn’t trust very many people to make responsible decisions affecting my safety simply because there are that many imbeciles running around. At least one group of imbeciles prefers to remain inside away from people. The other group of imbeciles can’t wait to see how many people it can infect.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:46 am

Gov. Cuomo Is Like the Gardener Who Complains About His Plant Dying After Dousing it with Bleach: https://grabien.com/story.php?id=320907

All I can say is OUCH!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic