Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mr. Reason aka lovinlife, please respect the site and leave

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
G G

Re: Mr. Reason aka lovinlife, please respect the site and leave

Post by G G » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm
G G wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 pm
You have a valid point GG. However, there are guidelines posted on the very top of this website that include:

1. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any material that may violate common law or statutory law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed necessary at the discretion of the Administrator. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

6. You agree not to register multiple user accounts for the sole purpose of either (i) thwarting the "friend / foe" settings of other users or (ii) promulgating/ " bumping" a particular forum topic.
Then hit the report button and move on with your day. If you see the user as a problem, you are clearly encouraging more of a problem by engaging. How are you not a problem yourself when you get to that point?
Because it bothers me when somebody thinks they are getting away with something. For instance, I have a H*** pet peeve when I see somebody parked in a handicap spot that isn't handicapped. I call the cops and wait there until they show up to give them a ticket. If the person comes back first I express my disgust to them. It's just the way I am wired.
Well, its not your website. When you and others bite the bait of people like Mr. Reason, R Bedell or others, the topic of the thread gets derailed. Pigs are more than happy to roll around in slop. They're even happier when someone gets down in the slop and plays with them. All this back and forth with the guy doesn't accomplish much of anything except for being a willing participant. Consider how that really doesn't make you much better than him in terms of participation in communication on the board. In one case, he is ruffling feathers. In the other, you are presenting your ruffled feathers and telling him not to. Everyone who wants to participate in the discussion in earnest is off-put by it all and any sense of conversation gets lost.

As for using the ignore function, consider the issue of recycling. We say "it doesn't work unless we all do it". Well, think locally and act globally. What I mean is if you ignore him and every other user ignores him, then he is screaming into the void. You need to do your part and can't worry about what everyone else does though. Instead of relying on MW to solve the problem, instead of being a willing, active participant in topic derailment, take the problem away by ignoring the user. The user may be a horses ass for being a jackanapes in conversation, but how are you any better by participating.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 pm

MrReason wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 pm
McLovin, see ya bitch!
Whoever this person is, you are violating this rule you agreed to uphold:

1. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any material that may violate common law or statutory law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed necessary at the discretion of the Administrator. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
Go enjoy your millions and your Rona parties. Leave us alone. Your bigotry also violates the rules. No one calls people "faggots" without being hateful. I don't like gay people saying it, much less bigots like you.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:00 pm

G G wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm
G G wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 pm
You have a valid point GG. However, there are guidelines posted on the very top of this website that include:

6. You agree not to register multiple user accounts for the sole purpose of either (i) thwarting the "friend / foe" settings of other users or (ii) promulgating/ " bumping" a particular forum topic.
Then hit the report button and move on with your day. If you see the user as a problem, you are clearly encouraging more of a problem by engaging. How are you not a problem yourself when you get to that point?
Because it bothers me when somebody thinks they are getting away with something. For instance, I have a H*** pet peeve when I see somebody parked in a handicap spot that isn't handicapped. I call the cops and wait there until they show up to give them a ticket. If the person comes back first I express my disgust to them. It's just the way I am wired.
Well, its not your website. When you and others bite the bait of people like Mr. Reason, R Bedell or others, the topic of the thread gets derailed. Pigs are more than happy to roll around in slop. They're even happier when someone gets down in the slop and plays with them. All this back and forth with the guy doesn't accomplish much of anything except for being a willing participant. Consider how that really doesn't make you much better than him in terms of participation in communication on the board. In one case, he is ruffling feathers. In the other, you are presenting your ruffled feathers and telling him not to. Everyone who wants to participate in the discussion in earnest is off-put by it all and any sense of conversation gets lost.

As for using the ignore function, consider the issue of recycling. We say "it doesn't work unless we all do it". Well, think locally and act globally. What I mean is if you ignore him and every other user ignores him, then he is screaming into the void. You need to do your part and can't worry about what everyone else does though. Instead of relying on MW to solve the problem, instead of being a willing, active participant in topic derailment, take the problem away by ignoring the user. The user may be a horses ass for being a jackanapes in conversation, but how are you any better by participating.
Again, I see your point, I just don't agree with it 100%. This thread was started specifically to call her/him/it out and I wanted others who might not be aware that it was the same person. But now that she admitted it, I'm pretty much done (even when it replies that "I DIDN'T ADMIT ANYTHING!!!!").

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic