Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bye Bye Parler!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Bye Bye Parler!

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 am

Bryce? BMW? These are your people.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 am

Hello Parler...

www.parler.com
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:32 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:07 am
Hello Parler...

www.parler.com
I think I can speak of all non-racists when I say that I am so happy for you and your Klan.
― Matt

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:49 am

Parler partially reappears with support from Russian technology firm: https://news.trust.org/item/20210118224444-0t0va
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:32 am
Bryce wrote:
Hello Parler...

www.parler.com
I think I can speak of all non-racists when I say that I am so happy for you and your Klan.
KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE RACE-BAITING.

These are "your people"? "You and your Klan"?

As far as I'm concerned, these comments violate the terms of service in here prohibiting slander. Call me a racist, either directly or indirectly, one more time and I will making a complaint with MW. I've had enough.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:40 pm

Forgive me, what would you call it? Every description I have seen is suggesting it is a communication portal for white supremacists and neo-nazis. This would include groups like The Proud boys.

I'm not race-baiting as much as using very commonly understood ways to describe this particular platform.

If this was Pinterest, I would have used language common with the crafting women type. Because, Pinterest is very centric to the crafting type.

So please point your very large print towards our entire society that has labeled this service a racist app

Perhaps you should hang out with a crowd more worthy of your morals.
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:17 pm

You're free to have whatever view of Parler users you want. If you think they're a bunch of Klansmen, while you'd be factually wrong, you're entitled to be ignorant.

Where you cross the line is referring to Parler users as "your people," targeting that statement at me, and then in the next breath clarifying that "your people" are Klan members. You have quite directly accused me of being a KKK member, and in my opinion, if that isn't a bannable offense in these forums, it should be.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:17 pm
You're free to have whatever view of Parler users you want. If you think they're a bunch of Klansmen, while you'd be factually wrong, you're entitled to be ignorant.

Where you cross the line is referring to Parler users as "your people," targeting that statement at me, and then in the next breath clarifying that "your people" are Klan members. You have quite directly accused me of being a KKK member, and in my opinion, if that isn't a bannable offense in these forums, it should be.
Once again, Bryce in particular has taken a very focused interest defending this particular app. If that's not his app (meaning one that he frequents) then why does he really care that they have found a new home with the Russians.
― Matt

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:51 pm

As far as I'm concerned, these comments violate the terms of service in here prohibiting slander. Call me a racist, either directly or indirectly, one more time and I will making a complaint with MW. I've had enough.
Coincidence is such an interesting phenomena. Take me for example, I've never been associated with that kind of speech or behavior. Am I unique in that regard? Coincidence I suppose...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 pm
Once again, Bryce in particular has taken a very focused interest defending this particular app. If that's not his app (meaning one that he frequents) then why does he really care that they have found a new home with the Russians.
What does anything Bryce said have anything to do with you accusing me of being a Klan member?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:51 pm
Coincidence is such an interesting phenomena. Take me for example, I've never been associated with that kind of speech or behavior. Am I unique in that regard? Coincidence I suppose...
And what specifically have I said in my 2687 posts on this site that would suggest I am a KKK member or even remotely sympathetic to their cause? Or is it just plain bigotry on display here?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:06 pm

I don't think you are a racist. I don't believe you've ever demonstrated much support for their activities.
― Matt

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:13 pm

LOL at labeling someone as racist, woke, or anything else based on the inane ramblings of what is posted on a mostly anonymous message board.

As The Breakfast Club so accurately put it: "We are who you want us to be".

Pretending that any of these posts accurately reflect what any of us are like in real life is a hoot. This is the land of make believe and always will be.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:14 pm

Exactly
― Matt

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:32 am
Bryce wrote:
Hello Parler...

www.parler.com
Many of your pontifications are just as offensive to me as a racist diatribe. Do I try to censor or remove the progressive verbal vomit that spews from your pie hole? No. Because your views, much like that of the racist assholes, serves to show just how detestable the author and his or her thought process is.

Better to shine a light on the ignorant than to let them cook shit up in the dark.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic