Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nancy Pelosi is off her rocker

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Nancy Pelosi is off her rocker

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm
Impeachment would be a (cunt named Bill with a shitty sports show won't let us post the word here) strategic blunder for the Democratic Party, so I am all for it.
:lol Riiiigghhhht! Because this has been such a strong week for the Republicans! :lol
That's what I am implying. Impeachment is an unforced error.
I think it needs to be done. You yourself initiated a "Trump should resign" thread.
I did, and I think that is what should happen. A forced removal is the worst thing for the country. A negotiated exit is ideal.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:11 pm

The only way I see Trump resigning is if he can convince Pence to pardon him for any possible wrongdoing, like Ford with Nixon.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:09 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm
Impeachment would be a (cunt named Bill with a shitty sports show won't let us post the word here) strategic blunder for the Democratic Party, so I am all for it.
:lol Riiiigghhhht! Because this has been such a strong week for the Republicans! :lol
That's what I am implying. Impeachment is an unforced error.
I think it needs to be done. You yourself initiated a "Trump should resign" thread.
I did, and I think that is what should happen. A forced removal is the worst thing for the country. A negotiated exit is ideal.
I believe that is part of Pelosis plan in threatening impeachment.

The censorship king from out of state.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:19 pm

I am a registered Republican, voted Trump in '16 and voted for the Libertarian candidate in '20. I will be registering as an Independent. My values no longer reflect the people that head the MI GOP specifically Meshawn Maddock. These people are out of their mind with the conspiracy theories. Take ownership and call out a fuck up when you see it. 1/6 was the tipping point for me- no other President should be allowed to get to the point Trump did without getting kicked out of office. If anything it's symbolic. A law enforcement officer was killed because one of these supporters hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher trying to defend the capitol from rioters. I'm all removing Trump from office and have actually written Senator Stabenow and my congressman to support it which they have.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Do you mean you are an official member of the Republican Party? Michigan doesn’t have public registration like some states do. You can vote D or R in any primary (and in 2018 also Libertarian) though of course you can’t split that ticket.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm

At this point, an impeachment that would result in removing him from office isn't possible given the timeline between now and January 20. You're not going to get a trial concluded in the Senate between now and the time Biden is sworn in.

An impeachment would be post-term punitive and hopefully be able to impose a penalty of preventing Trump from ever again holding Federal public office. Keep in the mind the Senate needs a 2/3 majority vote to convict, an extremely high bar even with what happened this week.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm
An impeachment would be post-term punitive and hopefully be able to impose a penalty of preventing Trump from ever again holding Federal public office.
So you want to take that right away from the voters. Got it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:50 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:26 pm
An impeachment would be post-term punitive and hopefully be able to impose a penalty of preventing Trump from ever again holding Federal public office.
So you want to take that right away from the voters. Got it.
No, he did this to himself! Stop victim shaming.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:57 pm

So you think disenfranchising 74 million voters is a good idea?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:01 pm

You mean like you guys tried to disenfranchise 80 million voters on Wednesday by trying to overthrow the government? This was a coup.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:18 pm

This is why you go through the impeachment process. Clearly, Trump has used the presidency in an attempt to leverage himself to stay as president despite overwhelming evidence that Biden won the election fair and square.

Were his acts criminal? Let's find out by going through a constitutionally provided method. If the representatives of the people determine that there was sufficient wrong-doing on his part to prevent him from holding office again, then so be it. If they determine there is not enough evidence, then that's fine too.

Why be afraid of a perfectly legal process? There is no unconstitutional taking away of any rights being suggested with an impeachment and trial in the Senate.

Are you ok with the penalties put on Kwame Kilpatrick when he was convicted that prevent him from holding office? That penalty similarly denies potential voters the opportunity to chose him as a political leader. It also (legally) disenfranchised the majority of the people that put him into office as mayor.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:26 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:01 pm
You mean like you guys tried to disenfranchise 80 million voters on Wednesday by trying to overthrow the government? This was a coup.
No, it was a white trash mob. It was not a coup.

If Trump is as bad as they think he is, then why do they have to be out for blood? Shouldn't he be unelectable? You know, other than that time he DID win and they didn't accept it...

I do think this second impeachment is going to open a pandora's box that will continue to escalate.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:42 pm

While there's certainly a case to be made for going the SECOND impeachment route, I'd be far more in favor of having federal Marshalls at the door of wherever Trump's hidey hole will be at 12:01 Jan. 20th with a set of bracelets and an arrest warrant in hand for aiding and abetting the events of Jan 6th at the United States Capitol Bldg. Make it happen Merrick!!

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:48 pm

I truly don't understand the pushback on an impeachment and trial. This is a method as prescribed in our Constitution!

What happened on Wednesday was a big deal. A once in a couple centuries type of event. Weaker nations have had governments collapse under just these kinds of scenarios.

If now isn't the time to fairly inquire what happened and who is to blame, what kind of situation would it take for there to be such inquiries?

I beg of you -- take off the liberal and conservative sunglasses and look at what happened without the cloudiness of partisanship.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:57 pm

It was brought up whether people should be banned from running for office. Do you have this same outrage when state Supreme Courts throw parties and candidates off the ballot? A few states did this with the Green Party in 2020 (I believe Pennsylvania and Montana, possibly Wisconsin as well- can’t remember for sure offhand). I know they’ve done it to Libertarians, and lesser candidates of the two major parties. It also happened to Kanye West in several states, mainly due to not enough valid signatures (many considered fraudulent).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic