Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rename White House. Black House? Brown House?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Rename White House. Black House? Brown House?

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 am

After 200+ years of slavery, emancipation, Jim Crow, segregation, separate but equal, separate inherently unequal, affirmative action, 1 black president, segregated US military, integrated US military, red lining, segregated pro-sports, integrated pro-sports, banned inter-racial marriage, civil rights laws, traffic stop killings by police, systemic racial injustice, BLM movement, white privilege, and all things black/white across American history -

Is it time for a new name for The White House? A name absent of any reference to color?
Last edited by screen glare on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

screen glare

Re: Rename White House. Black House? Brown House?

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:56 am

How about only 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? Or is that too much like 10 Downing Street?

How about The Nation House?

How about Liberty’s House?

Freedom House?

Fairness House.

The Equality House.

America’s House!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:23 am

Are you off your meds again Jeff?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:46 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 am
After 200+ years of slavery, emancipation, Jim Crow, segregation, separate but equal, separate inherently unequal, affirmative action, 1 black president, segregated US military, integrated US military, red lining, segregated pro-sports, integrated pro-sports, banned inter-racial marriage, civil rights laws, traffic stop killings by police, systemic racial injustice, BLM movement, white privilege, and all things black/white across American history -

Is it time for a new name for The White House? A name absent of any reference to color?
It’s called the White House... because... wait for it.... it’s WHITE.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:12 am

Now Rate This, you are using logic and as we all know there is no room for logic here.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:20 am

Well, if you're going to think about renaming the White House, the direction I would go in sometime in February 2021, would be to sell naming rights. The proceeds could go to start paying down the national debt.

Just think of the bidding war that would take place. Potential bidders like Donepezil, Aricept, Exelon, galantamine and even Depends, may push the price through the roof.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am

Pay down the debt or for all the student loans they want to just cancel.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am
Would go far in economic stimulus at 1/10th the price.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:34 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am
I'll be waiting for my refund check for the two students I paid for without a loan....

Me thinks waiting is the key word here.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:20 am
Well, if you're going to think about renaming the White House, the direction I would go in sometime in February 2021, would be to sell naming rights. The proceeds could go to start paying down the national debt.

Just think of the bidding war that would take place. Potential bidders like Donepezil, Aricept, Exelon, galantamine and even Depends, may push the price through the roof.
Thanks for my morning grin. This was good. Maybe there could be box seats and private suites sold, like at stadiums. They could have folks pay for The White House Experience Tour. Get your neck nibbled on.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 am
Get your neck nibbled on.
:lol

Hair sniffing, you forgot hair sniffing. Maybe Aveda could sponsor that part?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic