Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Joe Biden has already broken a pledge he made during the first debate

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Joe Biden has already broken a pledge he made during the first debate

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 am

Chris Wallace: Vice President Biden, final question for you: Will you urge your supporters to stay calm while the vote is counted, and will you pledge not to declare victory until the election is independently certified?

Joe Biden: Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ&t=7240

Oh how quickly we forget things like this. Funny I don't hear ANYONE in the media holding him to not declaring victory until the election is certified, as he pledged to do.

craig11152

Re: Joe Biden has already broken a pledge he made during the first debate

Post by craig11152 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:17 am

I don't think there is any sort of " independently certified" to be had. Each state certifies their results which kicks in their electoral representatives who cast their ballots on Dec 14. Ballots are received by the president of the Senate by Dec 23 and they are counted by a joint session of Congress on Jan 6 according to my two bit research.
So what does "independently certified" really mean?

I no longer directly engage trolls

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:39 am

The key word here is "certification." I don't know what the latest state to certify is, but I would suggest that a victory would be official once enough states certify their results to put Biden at 270+ electoral votes. Probably some time in late November.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:02 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 am
Chris Wallace: Vice President Biden, final question for you: Will you urge your supporters to stay calm while the vote is counted, and will you pledge not to declare victory until the election is independently certified?

Oh how quickly we forget things like this. Funny I don't hear ANYONE in the media holding him to not declaring victory until the election is certified, as he pledged to do.
Independently certified sounds a lot more like called than the states function of certifying.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:28 am

Most states certify the results 10 days after election day. That gives them time to take care of any voting issues and recount if need be.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:02 am
bmw wrote:

Independently certified sounds a lot more like called than the states function of certifying.
Certified means certified, not a bullshit corporate media call. Look at Fox, they inappropriately called AZ extremely early and they were dead wrong on the House where the Dems were to gain at least 5 seats.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:02 am
bmw wrote:

Certified means certified, not a bullshit corporate media call. Look at Fox, they inappropriately called AZ extremely early and they were dead wrong on the House where the Dems were to gain at least 5 seats.
They were right about the Dems holding it however.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:42 pm

bmw wrote:

Might be helpful if you could also post a link to where Biden claims victory.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:42 pm
Might be helpful if you could also post a link to where Biden claims victory.
Joe Biden wrote:My fellow Americans, the people of this nation have spoken. They have delivered us a clear victory. A convincing victory. A victory for "We the People." We have won with the most votes ever cast for a presidential ticket in the history of this nation — 74 million.
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... transcript

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Good find, bmw!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Why did Trump celebrate in 2016 before everything was certified?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Hillary Clinton called him to concede that night. That, and he never pledged to wait.

My issue here is that Biden specifically made a pledge to not declare victory until certification, and here we are, still pre-certification, and Biden has declared victory, all the while the MSM is cheering him on.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Hillary Clinton called him to concede that night.
Thank you. Someone else besides me remembers it that way. There was discussion here the other day that she didn't concede until the following morning.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Hillary Clinton called him to concede that night. That, and he never pledged to wait.

My issue here is that Biden specifically made a pledge to not declare victory until certification, and here we are, still pre-certification, and Biden has declared victory, all the while the MSM is cheering him on.
But that's just it...Hilary conceded to Trump and their race was closer. And Hilary was a pile of shit.

The fact that Trump is dragging this out completely unsubstantiated hurts the country. If he had any class or regard for the future of this nation, he would concede.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:14 pm

I understand the argument of "put up or shut up" - specifically, that Trump better have substantial evidence of fraud and/or irregularities in key states, or else he should concede. He and his lawyers are obtaining evidence as we speak, and that takes time. We proved in 2000 that we can go 35 days without an official winner without it negatively impacting the transition. We're barely a week in here. I'm in wait-and-see mode.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic