Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alarm grows over Trump administration acting 'more akin to a dictatorship' as he denies election defeat

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Alarm grows over Trump administration acting 'more akin to a dictatorship' as he denies election defeat

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm

I can't believe the people that still think something is going to overturn the results. It's over, the fat lady has sung, time to move on. The same people that think Trump still have some kind of hail Mary at this are the same ones that refuse to wear a mask in public. As far as your popular vote idea, I'm not all that keen on having NY and California calling the shots all the time.

Rate This

Re: Alarm grows over Trump administration acting 'more akin to a dictatorship' as he denies election defeat

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:56 am
Sitting in my moderate middle of the road chair it seems my liberal friends should be happy with Trumps childish behavior.
It increases the chance of winning the Senate if enough Georgia moderates who could roll either way decide to punish Trump and the republicans.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 41% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 41% who Strongly Disapprove
His approval rating is higher now that it was just prior to the election. Maybe there are a whole bunch of people that think the election was fishy too?
Or that poll fluctuates by 5-10 points every few days for seemingly no real reason.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:56 am
Sitting in my moderate middle of the road chair it seems my liberal friends should be happy with Trumps childish behavior.
It increases the chance of winning the Senate if enough Georgia moderates who could roll either way decide to punish Trump and the republicans.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 52% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-seven percent (47%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 41% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 41% who Strongly Disapprove
His approval rating is higher now that it was just prior to the election. Maybe there are a whole bunch of people that think the election was fishy too?
Keep it up and you'll start believing it yourself.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:30 pm

Trump himself even hinted that a new administration was a possibility during the afternoon Covid update.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:30 pm
Trump himself even hinted that a new administration was a possibility during the afternoon Covid update.
Right....his words were, "Whoever that may be."

Fuck him. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, Donnie.

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:49 am

craig11152 wrote:
Before immediately correcting himself. He pretty obviously realized he goofed before he really blew it and said Biden.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:49 am
craig11152 wrote:
Before immediately correcting himself. He pretty obviously realized he goofed before he really blew it and said Biden.
His exact quote...
Ideally, we won’t go to a lockdown. I will not go — this administration will not be going to a lockdown. Hopefully, the — the — whatever happens in the future — who knows which administration it will be? I guess time will tell. But I can tell you, this administration will not go to a lockdown. There won’t be necessity. Lockdowns cost lives, and they cost a lot of problems.
I don't see an immediate correction in that statement.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:58 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:49 am
craig11152 wrote:
His exact quote...
Ideally, we won’t go to a lockdown. I will not go — this administration will not be going to a lockdown. Hopefully, the — the — whatever happens in the future — who knows which administration it will be? I guess time will tell. But I can tell you, this administration will not go to a lockdown. There won’t be necessity. Lockdowns cost lives, and they cost a lot of problems.
I don't see an immediate correction in that statement.
When you watch it on video that the — the— hesitation appeared to be him stopping himself from saying Biden Administration... I’m trying to let you know what’s on video and the tone and body language is important... you are responding with a transcript where neither is available.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm

I watched the video. The transcript is accurate and there was no tone or body language, you're looking for a boogie man where there isn't one.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:29 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:19 pm
I watched the video. The transcript is accurate and there was no tone or body language, you're looking for a boogie man where there isn't one.
You didn’t notice the hesitation?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:37 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:29 am
craig11152 wrote:
Interesting coming from a Biden supporter - he has trouble saying anything without hesitation.
Last edited by audiophile on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:37 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:29 am
craig11152 wrote:
Interesting coming Biden supporter that has trouble saying anything without hesitation.
?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:41 am

Whitmer is a dictator. Supreme court even agreed multiple times we rule by law, not hysteria.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:24 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:41 am
Whitmer is a dictator. Supreme court even agreed multiple times we rule by law, not hysteria.
What does that have to do with whether Trump almost said Biden in a soeech?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic