Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Has God Spoken?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Has God Spoken?

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Maybe God wants Biden to allow the poor and hungry into the Nation. God most certainly wants pursecuted African American Christians to be free of hate and racism.

God would want the a leader who has faith. Biden is your man.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:27 pm
Maybe God wants Biden to allow the poor and hungry into the Nation. God most certainly wants pursecuted African American Christians to be free of hate and racism.

God would want the a leader who has faith. Biden is your man.
Well, He gives man free will. I certainly think that God is saddened by the racist ideologies of the extremists and neglect of the poor. That is for sure.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Yes they made choice, but God was like Burger King ...OK, HAVE IT YOUR WAY! THEN IN THE NEXT BATTLE THEIR BUTTS WERE KICKED.

So it God's will, or God has left us to own devices, and a big whoopin' is headed out way?

My church is all about Jesus and Agape love! About 2/3 minority including the pastor. No politics, no fluff, no baloney, AND everyone get challenged. Come as you are, but leave a changed person!

Your church's doctrine is based on predestination, which is a false doctrine.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:41 pm

So you basically have decided to pick and choose what you like from the Bible and preach that, correct?

All you have cited is Old Testament here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:27 pm
God most certainly wants pursecuted African American Christians to be free of hate and racism.
Then go to an African-American church. I do.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Believe me I have. I don't believe I've been closer to God than in a Detroit church.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Not one of the social clubs that invites Kwame Kilpatrick.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Nope, nor I've been to the churches where the klan frequent. They were a good old Christian organization weren't they?

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Strom Thurmond's church?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm
Yes they made choice, but God was like Burger King ...OK, HAVE IT YOUR WAY! THEN IN THE NEXT BATTLE THEIR BUTTS WERE KICKED.

So it God's will, or God has left us to own devices, and a big whoopin' is headed out way?

My church is all about Jesus and Agape love! About 2/3 minority including the pastor. No politics, no fluff, no baloney, AND everyone get challenged. Come as you are, but leave a changed person!

Your church's doctrine is based on predestination, which is a false doctrine.
Free will is the opposite of predestination, so I am not sure you were talking to me or not? I'm definitely not Calvinist.

By the way, I personally don't feel that predestination is a false doctrine (despite my disagreement with it). It is a matter of deference or opinion.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:12 am

No, I was referring to TCT.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:42 am

When I first encountered TCT he was a religious person and I have watched over the years as he has turned away from his beliefs. So I discount anything he says about God or religion.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 pm

I am not a political Christian. Audio is. I can cite several obvious examples.

When religion becomes a business plan as it has with many churches, it's amazing how politics becomes important to self perpetuate.

I am an Elder and a Deacon, and I practice my faith for hours every week protecting those that people like audiophile want to attack and openly criticizes in his comments. He also is a supporter of wolves not a protector of sheep.

He can't even quote the New Testament because it goes against most of what he believes. And then tries to marginalize other denominations of Christianity. Read some of his comments in this post. Theologians would find some very interesting proclamations.

So don't try to marginalize faith Zzand. Unless you've changed jobs your paycheck doesn't depend on promoting Conservative Christian beliefs as a way to become wealthy and powerful.

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:26 pm
I am not a political Christian. Audio is. I can cite several obvious examples.

When religion becomes a business plan as it has with many churches, it's amazing how politics becomes important to self perpetuate.

I am an Elder and a Deacon, and I practice my faith for hours every week protecting those that people like audiophile want to attack and openly criticizes in his comments. He also is a supporter of wolves not a protector of sheep.

He can't even quote the New Testament because it goes against most of what he believes. And then tries to marginalize other denominations of Christianity. Read some of his comments in this post. Theologians would find some very interesting proclamations.

So don't try to marginalize faith Zzand. Unless you've changed jobs your paycheck doesn't depend on promoting Conservative Christian beliefs as a way to become wealthy and powerful.
Well said, and I follow the same line of reasoning with my faith. There is a separation of church and state as there should be.

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm

TCT your comments are laughable.

You are the one that tried to mix religion and politics by starting this thread! Hello!

I would never dream about starting a thread like this, because I can only point to pasts events as a reference, anyone that claims to speak with the authority of God in the present sense, like you do in this thread, is way out of line.

As soon as I rebut you presumptions of God's will and that the teaching of your church is in that line of thinking (IE no one has freewill) you personally attack me. There is no explanation that would cause someone to write a thread like this other than one that believes in predestination theology, hence the reason I took you on so firmly on that specific point.

By the way, Jesus and the disciples studied the old testament. And bragging about good works, only short-circuits them, best to say nothing. /1

/1 "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic