Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump unhinged on Live TV

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Trump unhinged on Live TV

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:25 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:01 pm
What do you mean, "strategically weaponized a pandemic"?
I mean a pandemic hit, and it tore down what was a sure reelection for Trump AND Democrats were able to push through mail in voting that never would have happened otherwise.
You honestly believe mail in voting is n and of itself, corrupt? Do Republicans not understand how it works?
In some places that have done it for awhile, its probably fine, but it just seems crazy to have widespread implementation in the largest voter turnout ever. Even though the right didn't win this time, there were a lot of lessons learned and we'll be back with a not so rough around the edges candidate in 4 years to run against Harris.

You don't think it's just a natural progression to the times we live in? It makes so much sense to establish early or mail in voting. This year their was a record amount if votes cast. Certainly because of the participants, but a lot because of the ease of voting. Progress. In a few elections. I am guessing on-line will be the norm.

Trump didn't lose because of any voting corruption. He lost because he was the lesser choice to the majority of people in this country.
And I am still amazed at how close it was.

The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:44 pm

Trump said this to begin his screed. Do you want to go on record supporting these words?

"If you count the legal votes, I easily win. If you count the illegal votes, they can try to steal the election from us."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Utah has done it for years with all conservative leadership. Georgia has Republican leadership, and they are simply counting the votes.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:44 pm
Trump said this to begin his screed. Do you want to go on record supporting these words?

"If you count the legal votes, I easily win. If you count the illegal votes, they can try to steal the election from us."
We don't live in a vacuum. After what he's put up with for four years, I don't blame him for being pissed. Its clear that four years ago was not a fluke.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:06 pm

O boy, the internet is not being kind to Donald after tonights rant... Pick a media, any media. My favorite is his meltdown on a golf course... Can't his daughter reel him in?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:02 pm
Honeyman wrote:

We don't live in a vacuum. After what he's put up with for four years, I don't blame him for being pissed. Its clear that four years ago was not a fluke.
He's put up with? What about the massive inflation costs we have endured? The layoffs? The homophobia? Creation of an entire fake news industry? Barron's grandchildren should be still paying America reparations for all the suffering we habe endured.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:15 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:10 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

He's put up with? What about the massive inflation costs we have endured? The layoffs? The homophobia? Creation of an entire fake news industry? Barron's grandchildren should be still paying America reparations for all the suffering we habe endured.
The Russian collusion bullshit. The impeachment bullshit. Layoffs didn't happen until covid. We had record employment under Trump's watch.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:15 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

The Russian collusion bullshit. The impeachment bullshit. Layoffs didn't happen until covid. We had record employment under Trump's watch.
And if he responded to the crisis correctly, he'd be reelected. He didn't. He failed. He's gone.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Tell my 70 former co workers from my former department that who were laid off by GM in March 2019! Thousands more between December 2018 to April 2019. Just because you forgot it doesn't mean it didn't happen. And why? Because of Dump's piss poor trade deal with China. Hard to.believe the rest of Macomb County ignored this and voted for Satan anyways.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

And if he responded to the crisis correctly, he'd be reelected. He didn't. He failed. He's gone.
You mean when he shut China down when Nancy Pelosi was telling people to go to Chinatown?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:22 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm
You don't think it's just a natural progression to the times we live in? It makes so much sense to establish early or mail in voting.
Doesn't campaign season last long enough? All mail-in and early voting does is force the sitting President to go into campaign mode even earlier.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:57 pm
...the other side strategically weaponized a pandemic...
Don't forget about the weaponizing of polls. While Trump was certainly over the top with some of what he said tonight, I absolutely agree with his assertion that the media used polls in a deliberate attempt to suppress Republican vote. Wisconsin +17 Biden just last week? I said at the time that it was utterly irresponsible for ABC News to even publish such a CLEARLY wrong poll.

CNN's lead headlines in the weeks leading up to the election, if they weren't Covid, were beating the drumbeat of Biden leading in all the polls.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:30 pm

Every poll was off. I'm beginning to wonder if most of Trump's voters actually own telephones.
President Trump’s false claims of voter fraud drew little support from Republican officials on Thursday, with several either rebuking the president or offering statements that stopped far short of endorsing his views.

“Counting every vote is at the heart of democracy,” Senator Mitt Romney of Utah wrote on Twitter, implicitly rejecting Mr. Trump’s extraordinary call for halting vote counts in states where he leads. “Have faith in democracy, in our Constitution, and in the American people,” he said.

“All votes that comply with Pennsylvania law must be counted, regardless of how long the process takes,” Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania said in a statement. Though expressing concern that Philadelphia’s vote counting “lacks transparency,” Mr. Toomey concluded that “all parties involved must accept the outcome of the election regardless of whether they won or lost.”

“There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process,” tweeted Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a frequent Trump critic. “No election or person is more important than our Democracy.”

Shortly after Mr. Trump’s remarks at the White House, Vice President Mike Pence issued a statement of support, but one that did not echo the president’s talk of conspiracy and fraud. “I Stand With President @realDonaldTrump. We must count every LEGAL vote,” Mr. Pence tweeted, echoing none of the president’s charges of fraud and conspiracy.

Multiple Republicans indirectly suggested that Mr. Trump had presented no actual evidence of wrongdoing....

Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted what seemed to be partly a plea and partly a threat:

“If you want to win in 2024 as a Republican. I would probably start saying something. Just saying,” he wrote. But on Thursday night, there was little sign of that happening.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

BME

Post by BME » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:11 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:01 pm
What do you mean, "strategically weaponized a pandemic"?
I mean a pandemic hit, and it tore down what was a sure reelection for Trump AND Democrats were able to push through mail in voting that never would have happened otherwise.
Donald Trump voted by mail. I voted by mail. I bet even Matt knows people who voted by mail.

It's the 21st century.

BME

Post by BME » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:01 am

Already there's talk that Trump might run again in 2024. Problem is, I don't think it's lawful for someone who is in prison to run for presidency.

DT can take his toady Bill Barr with him, too.
Last edited by BME on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic