Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's future?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Trump's future?

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:59 pm

I know some in here think he will end up in jail. Sorry to disappoint you, but that ain't happening.

The big question is, will he stay in the public light to torment Joe Biden for 4 years (or Kamala if she takes over at some point) and mount another run in 2024, or will he simply go back to his private sector life?

audiophile

Re: Trump's future?

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:37 pm

There was no real upside to being president, he donated his salary.

I think he uses it to sling-shot into a speaking / TV empire.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:43 pm

He runs in 2024 and is nominated. He spends now till then delegitimizing Biden.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Interesting. Pull a Bill Clinton like he did for governor?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:47 pm

I say he plays golf every other day, lies every time he opens his mouth, and continues to prove he's a racist. So outside of a change in residence, pretty much the same.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:43 pm
So basically he's taking the Democrats playbook from the last four years? At some point, this shit needs to stop. What if Trump is the one to do it, leading by example? You're right... there's a better chance of him somehow pulling out a hail Mary in this election than that happening.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:43 pm
So basically he's taking the Democrats playbook from the last four years? At some point, this shit needs to stop. What if Trump is the one to do it, leading by example? You're right... there's a better chance of him somehow pulling out a hail Mary in this election than that happening.
I wish he was capable of leading by example... but I’ll weigh 200 pounds instead of the 130 or so I’ve always been first.

If this were any other person they would eventually concede like Al Gore and Hillary Clinton did... are they angry about it? Hell yes... I still am about both. But at least they conceded officially. I don’t know if he ever will admit defeat. I don’t really think he was built with that option.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Most plausible...
In a sharply worded post-election threat on Tuesday night, the Republican Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump said that he intended to sue the entire population of Wisconsin “for everything it’s worth.”

In his terse remarks, Trump departed from the customs of political concession speeches by failing to congratulate the evening’s winner or thank his supporters, instead sternly warning the people of Wisconsin to “lawyer up.”
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... -wisconsin

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:20 pm

That Wisconsin brick cheese is worth a lot of money. Plus, da Pack.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:59 pm
I know some in here think he will end up in jail. Sorry to disappoint you, but that ain't happening.

The big question is, will he stay in the public light to torment Joe Biden for 4 years (or Kamala if she takes over at some point) and mount another run in 2024, or will he simply go back to his private sector life?
If the Republicans take back the House in 2022, they could name Trump Speaker of the House. Can you imagine the left losing its collective shit over that?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:14 pm
bmw wrote:

If the Republicans take back the House in 2022, they could name Trump Speaker of the House. Can you imagine the left losing its collective shit over that?
They probably won’t take back to house... I can see him as minority leader. That’s a thankless job. And he won’t do it well either. He doesn’t know the rules.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

They probably won’t take back to house... I can see him as minority leader. That’s a thankless job. And he won’t do it well either. He doesn’t know the rules.
You have no idea what 2022 will look like. I'm not sure if you can name a non-member as a leader, but you can have a non-member as Speaker.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 pm
Matt wrote:
bmw wrote:

You have no idea what 2022 will look like. I'm not sure if you can name a non-member as a leader, but you can have a non-member as Speaker.
I know on paper the senate is another tough map for the GOP... they have to be careful what capital they blow on Trump going out in a blaze of glory too...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 pm

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:24 am

He retires for health reasons January 19. President Pence pardons him for everything he ever did or might be thinking about ever doing..

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic