Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When are we going to accept that we can't stop the Coronavirus from running its course?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

When are we going to accept that we can't stop the Coronavirus from running its course?

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 am

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... ate-11.pdf

Look at that first graph and tell me what good the lockdowns and masks have done. We're not in a "second wave." The first wave never ended. The virus will disappear quickly once we reach herd immunity. Masks and lockdowns only marginally delay the inevitable while lockdowns and social distancing specifically are causing all kinds of harm that will last for generations.

Power-hungry politicians in government have been naive since literally day 1 in believing that government oppression is the answer.

audiophile

Re: When are we going to accept that we can't stop the Coronavirus from running its course?

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 am

Word!

The virus is like a water balloon, you pinch it off in one spot but it just bulges out somewhere else.

We should pulling the stops on protecting the elderly, and those with preexisting conditions, and the rest of just go about our lives.

Herd immunity would make us stronger as a nation, and we would be over it and business would flourish.
Last edited by audiophile on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: When are we going to accept that we can't stop the Coronavirus from running its course?

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:30 am

The day scientists said BACK IN MARCH that this virus had an R0 (number of people infected per infected person) of 2.3, compared to 1.3 for the common cold and flu, we should have already been resigned to our fate of eventual herd immunity. And government policy should have been aimed at getting there as quickly as possible while protecting the most vulnerable and "flattening the curve." Instead, the virus became a political tool of fear and oppression.

We WILL reach herd immunity whether the left wants to hear that or not. It is the ONLY way this ends.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 am

I made an edit while you posting! AGREED!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am

Exactly. If everyone would just hurry up and die, we can get on with our lives.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 am

I will add that obviously it is preferable that herd immunity is achieved by the best ratio of vaccinations to infections as possible (ie, more vaccinated immunity and less infected immunity). But at the end of the day, we achieved only marginal success at best and caused way more damage than is acceptable in our vein efforts to keep as many people as possible from getting sick before a vaccine.

THEN, you have high-profile dumbass Democrats fear mongering over the vaccine itself, saying things like "DRRRRR.....I'm not taking a vaccine if Donald Trump tells me to take one." Shows just how clueless they are about the process that will lead to a vaccine.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am
It is people like you who just can't be reasoned with on this issue. Do you have any concept of the word "inevitable"? And how many unintentional deaths do you think are being caused by how we're reacting to this thing?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am

Yes. Instead of waiting for a vaccine, they should just set up a few thousand field hospitals and inject all of us with the virus. The pandemic would be over within a couple of months.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am

I will not take a covid vaccine, but I also won't take flu vaccines.

I have no health conditions, so I have no reason to fear it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am

Why is it that the unintended consequences of government action are something the left NEVER wants to talk about? Instead the only response I ever see is the sarcastic "let's just let everybody die."

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:15 am
Why is it that the unintended consequences of government action are something the left NEVER wants to talk about? Instead the only response I ever see is the sarcastic "let's just let everybody die."
Generalize much?!?

Herd immunity is NOT the answer: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... cvd/#close

Those of us on the left tend to believe scientists more about this pandemic than an idiot who told us it would be gone in the summer when the hot weather hits.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:30 am
The day scientists said BACK IN MARCH that this virus had an R0 (number of people infected per infected person) of 2.3, compared to 1.3 for the common cold and flu, we should have already been resigned to our fate of eventual herd immunity. And government policy should have been aimed at getting there as quickly as possible while protecting the most vulnerable and "flattening the curve." Instead, the virus became a political tool of fear and oppression.

We WILL reach herd immunity whether the left wants to hear that or not. It is the ONLY way this ends.
It’s been said multiple times that herd immunity would be a devastating approach to this. If everybody would spend a month... just one month... distancing and really taking this seriously instead of trying to own the libs or something by defying the guidance we could get this under control. A vaccine is the answer. Herd immunity is not unless 7-10 million dead is ok and you somehow don’t have a single person in a vulnerable population in your orbit. Even Sweden regrets its approach now. They’ve admitted that. But they are already down that road so while they have imposed strict limits on gatherings and social events now they haven’t gone much farther with it. It’s coming with quite a price though.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 am

Have you had the sniffles since March? If you did the mask and social distancing failed.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Herd immunity is shit because people only have antibodies for a couple months. So, we just keep going with this until we all die? COVID is the ultimate job killer. If someone at a restaurant has COVID, it shuts down for two weeks anyways! We need another lockdown. It's like a reset button on a computer, and Trump is Windows M.E. We need a hard shutdown, uninstall the corrupted software(Trump) and install new "software".
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 pm

The couple month things is baloney made to frenzy you gullible types into loss of freedoms and blindly follow the politicians on every word. /1 /2 /3

/1 see global cooling 1970,

/2 see global warming 1990.

/3 see little ice age 1300-1850.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic