Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Political Violence Hits Home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
UP906

Re: Political Violence Hits Home

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:43 am

Paul Harrell is one of the foremost experts on the subject in my opinion. Here's a video from him I recommend.

https://youtu.be/K4FESGjiH3s

Thread Killer

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:50 am

Nothing wrong with having all the above suggestions. Like others, I also have firearms. However my first response is something more passive.

We keep extra car remotes in the bedroom. If by chance someone was to break in, our first move is to get the alarms blaring on the three vehicles. Hopefully waking up the neighborhood would be enough of a deterrent to make them take off.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:50 am
Nothing wrong with having all the above suggestions. Like others, I also have firearms. However my first response is something more passive.

We keep extra car remotes in the bedroom. If by chance someone was to break in, our first move is to get the alarms blaring on the three vehicles. Hopefully waking up the neighborhood would be enough of a deterrent to make them take off.
That's a good idea Mike.

Firearms should be the absolute LAST line of defense. Animals, alarms, motion lights, etc. should always come first. Although... animals are debatable. In our house, yeah the doggy may bark, but in the case of a confrontation I want her behind me and not in front... just like I want my human children behind me. It is my business to handle that sort of situation and I don't want any of them in harm's way.
Thread Killer

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 am

This is one of the rare times I've seen the board come together over a particular issue, actually kind of refreshing. Personal safety is of utmost importance which we can all agree on. With the unfortunate incident that happened to RT I think this is just a little warm up at what will come in the next few weeks. Does anyone think that the "extremists" from either party will be out to start trouble if "their" side does not win? How bad will it get?
You guys have had some good ideas and helpful hints as well.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:21 am

UP906 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 am
. animals are debatable.
Like with firearms, training, training, training.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:24 am

Yeah, my doggo has no business in a fight. LOL!
Thread Killer

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:53 am

UP906 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 am
So... even with an open choke, are you going to see the shot even leave the wad in that distance? I really don't think so. This means shot placement is just as important with a shotty as it is with a pistol.

Now, assuming the above is true, you are carrying a large and heavy weapon that requires somewhat precise aim to be effective.

Now let's take our novice shooter with his heavy weapon and see if he can clear a room properly. If he can't, I feel that the odds of him having his weapon taken away from him increase dramatically. Now we have a worst case scenario.
The best compromise for a novice on home defense is probably a sawed off shotgun. Shorter, lighter and your get that close-in spread. But there's rules against that.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 am

Yes, there are most definitely rules against that.

Shall not be infringed? Yeah... right.
Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 am
This is one of the rare times I've seen the board come together over a particular issue, actually kind of refreshing. Personal safety is of utmost importance which we can all agree on. With the unfortunate incident that happened to RT I think this is just a little warm up at what will come in the next few weeks. Does anyone think that the "extremists" from either party will be out to start trouble if "their" side does not win? How bad will it get?
You guys have had some good ideas and helpful hints as well.
I agree with pistols after a background check for reasons exactly like this situation. I am fine with hunting rifles as well. What I am not fine with is weapons of war like AK47s or these military sniper rifles in the hands of Joe Citizen. Keep these with the military.

As far as any rioting, I have reached out to my military veteran friends. They are confident that the National Guard can handle it no matter which side riots. I know someone from college in the Guard, and she's ready to go. She was in Minneapolis and Detroit a couple months ago.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 pm

"Weapons of war"

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Last edited by UP906 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Killer

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:58 pm
I am fine with hunting rifles as well. What I am not fine with is weapons of war like AK47s
What is the difference between what you refer to as a hunting rifle and a AK 47?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 pm

The odds are greater that you'll be injured by a gun you purchase than by anyone invading your home.
Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident. Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely. One meta-analysis ”found strong evidence for increased odds of suicide among persons with access to firearms compared with those without access and moderate evidence for an attenuated increased odds of homicide victimization when persons with and without access to firearms were compared.” The latter finding is stronger for women, a reminder that guns are also a risk factor for domestic violence.
https://www.vox.com/2015/10/1/18000520/gun-risk-death
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm

And how many well trained individuals were included in this "meta analysis?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm
Google it, plenty of research on the topic. I will note none of you gun nuts has discussed safety or training.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:19 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm
I will note none of you gun nuts has discussed safety or training.
I'm sorry TC Squawks, calling you an idiot was mean and insensitive. Instead what I'll do is offer you some choices and you can pick which one is the best descriptor.

A) You are an idiot.
B) You didn't read the whole thread and are just throwing shit in hopes something sticks.
C) Your reading comprehension took the last train to Albuquerque and left you at the station.
D) You are intellectually dishonest.
E) All of the above.

Which one best describes you?
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic