Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Political Violence Hits Home

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Political Violence Hits Home

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:14 am

Well...

About 3am this morning I had a concrete block taken out of my garden wall and launched through my picture window. I had been standing there just 5 minutes before playing with the cats... fortunately my friend and I had moved upstairs for a minute when we heard the crash, I couldn’t figure out what it could be and it took me a minute to figure out what shattered when I came downstairs. Thought the cats did something at first till I saw the paver. When I looked outside I could see my Biden sign was thrown about 10 feet away from where it had been planted. The one on the side of my house and everything else on the house was fortunately untouched. By the time I got downstairs and figured out what had happened the perps were gone in a hell of a hurry. The signs will live inside my office away from windows going forward. The cats managed to get out of the way and not jump out the window after it happened. One of them is so frightened he won’t even come near me now.

Got Belfor out boarding the house up now. Not caring what side for a second, we gotta tone it down in this country. This insanity is out of control and I fear this sort of thing, just like that situation in Warren with the BLM sign is only the beginning. And it’s BOTH SIDES that do it. Any part of that I have had here on the board I will own. But let’s tone it down a bit. We have a good time arguing and it’s 99% in good fun but just keep it in the back of your mind.

The officer that came out said most commonly it’s yard signs stolen and or booby trapped in a malicious way here in the Wayne/Westland area. This is the first of this sort of thing that he’s seen this year. I’ve been here for a year with no problems. Speculation is someone drunk coming home from the bar or something like that that didn’t like what they saw and acted like an idiot as a result. Hopefully they won’t be back.

Getting the cameras that came with the house plus the alarm system the house has working again and a better light in the backyard are in the offing and maybe a gun. I refuse to be terrorized.
Last edited by Rate This on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

UP906

Re: Political Violence Hits Home

Post by UP906 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:38 am

I'm sorry this happened to you RT, and I hope they catch the POS that did it.

Completely unacceptable.

Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:13 am

UP906 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:38 am
I'm sorry this happened to you RT, and I hope they catch the POS that did it.

Completely unacceptable.
I echo these sentiments.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:52 am

Ditto.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:25 am

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:10 am
Interesting story, I wonder if it is true.
The fact that I’m just now going to bed and there’s a large board on both sides of my window so it’s sealed and I’m out $550 ($350 deposit plus $100 per guy for an hour) says yes it’s true. I took some pictures of the aftermath and I’ll get around to posting them later today once I figure out how TT does it.

Thanks to the rest of you for the warm wishes, as much as we argue around here I do appreciate you guys.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:40 am

Really sorry you had to experience that. No one should ever feel terrorized in their own home. Glad no one or animal was hurt.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:35 pm

I am taking my Biden and Peters signs down from my window. You are right. Sorry to hear this shit, RT.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Sorry this happened to you, RT. This world is crazy.

The censorship king from out of state.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:40 pm

That's fricking terrible. Too bad the SOB(s) wasn't caught on camera or something, even then probably had a hood on or something. Totally unacceptable I'm sure the poor kitty cats will be skittish for awhile. Hopefully there is peace and quiet going forward.
Just fyi if your looking for a gun check firing line in Westland, ask for Don good customer service and fair prices.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 pm

https://ibb.co/svBrBm0
https://ibb.co/cr7pBqq
https://ibb.co/y06SHds

Here’s the aftermath and the tool of choice.. I should have taken a picture of the paver where it landed inside before I put it back outside.

I’ll look into the gun thing, thanks Mr. Transistor for the advice.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:07 pm

Wow, I hope this is the only situation you have to deal with.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 pm

For home defense, nothing beats a 12 gauge pump.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:11 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 pm

For home defense, nothing beats a 12 gauge pump.
While I don't necessarily disagree with you Bryce, I do think we need to slow our roll a little bit.

The best home defense weapon is one that you are comfortable and competent with.

Having said that, my recommendation would be to take some money and head down to a range that rents firearms. Bring a competent person with you, or get instruction on site.

Try several different firearms of various calibers and types, then decide which one best suits YOU.

Please, whatever you do, don't just "go out and get a gun". Doing that will only lead to frustration and unnecessary danger.

GET TRAINING! Start with safety.

Thread Killer

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 pm

I agree with what you say completely. I was kinda trying to steer him away from getting a pistol for reasons I'm sure you are aware of.

8's and 9's at 20 yards is a bunch easier, with little training, using a Mossberg with buck than a 9mm.
Last edited by Bryce on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:57 pm

Agree with UP 100%.

Between that cocksucking poacher and this...we're on a little roll here.

Guessing that ends in a few days :lol:

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic