Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A few questions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
ADD in TC

A few questions

Post by ADD in TC » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 pm

1. What are the chances of having localized rioting/looting on or just after the election?Heard that the local Mall here in Traverse City was trying to get a hold of a number of steal shipping containers so they can block off all entryways to the property,if need be.

2. If rioting does occur who would most likely be the president elect?

3. Assuming the numbers are true,why is it that Taiwan has very few covid 19 cases? Recently had a niece move there to take a teaching job.I do know she had to be in a very strict corateen for 14 days after she got there,but not much after that.

4. And finally,what happened to the labor pool of hospitality workers to fill the jobs in the food service industry?Here in the greater Traverse City area we've had a problem filling positions for about 8 years now(give or take)but since the reopening many of the restaurants here have not been able to go back full hours,and several here are now closed at least one day a week because of the employee shortage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: A few questions

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:03 am

ADD in TC wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 pm
1. What are the chances of having localized rioting/looting on or just after the election?Heard that the local Mall here in Traverse City was trying to get a hold of a number of steal shipping containers so they can block off all entryways to the property,if need be.

2. If rioting does occur who would most likely be the president elect?

3. Assuming the numbers are true,why is it that Taiwan has very few covid 19 cases? Recently had a niece move there to take a teaching job.I do know she had to be in a very strict corateen for 14 days after she got there,but not much after that.

4. And finally,what happened to the labor pool of hospitality workers to fill the jobs in the food service industry?Here in the greater Traverse City area we've had a problem filling positions for about 8 years now(give or take)but since the reopening many of the restaurants here have not been able to go back full hours,and several here are now closed at least one day a week because of the employee shortage.
1. Very possible, no matter who wins.

2. Either one.

3. Because they are a collectivist culture. I know someone who lives there and has for the last year with the Peace Corps. They actually wear masks and socially distance. They had comprehensive strategies as they were stricken with the bird flu pandemic.

4. I know in Mackinaw that a lot of hotels would hire undocumented immigrants or people on visas to do work. Those are restricted due to COVID as well as Trump's crackdown.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic