Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What did you do as a child that’s not “PC” today?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: What did you do as a child that’s not “PC” today?

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:52 pm

I remember playing smear the queer and what is now apparently called "ding dong ditch". Motion detectors were a big thing in the 90s too, and we'd run around people's houses that had them. Also, we would order tow trucks to people's houses in the neighborhood. Red rover is a game that we played either at recess or gym class that is probably not allowed any more.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:06 pm

I grew up in a mixed race neighborhood. Pretty much EVERYTHING we did as kids would be frowned upon these days.

No rosey glasses here RT, not all of it was good or decent... but hurt feelings were handled with fists, not therapists.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Respect was earned, and it wasn't easy.

Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:11 pm

We definitely played ding dong ditch game as well in the 90s. Every kid did back then. I definitely remember the merry go rounds that were very old and decrepit. We would play baseball in our backyards and go in to people's yards to get the ball, sometimes without asking. We were allowed to ride our bikes within about a mile radius. Not PC so much as a sign of a times that we never called our neighborhood friends, but we always looked for where all the bikes were to find where everyone was. TP'ing people's houses was a common occurrence.

There also was the "Oriental" game. Pretty much it was kids asking dumb questions about Asian countries: "What is the capital of Thailand?" Kid wouldn't know, and then the other kid was scream "Bangkok" and hit him in the nuts. Then, the game would also sometimes involve mocking Asian people: "Me Chinese, me pee in your Coke." This was often done while making slanty eyes.
I did not participate in this back then because I knew it was racist. But dumb kids did stupid shit at recess.

Obviously, there was cops and robbers when I was young and cowboys and indians complete with fake guns.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm

UP906 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:06 pm
I grew up in a mixed race neighborhood. Pretty much EVERYTHING we did as kids would be frowned upon these days.

No rosey glasses here RT, not all of it was good or decent... but hurt feelings were handled with fists, not therapists.
Yeah, those tough Soo streets don't cha know. :rollin :rollin

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:13 pm
UP906 wrote:

I do know, you don't.

Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:22 pm

UP906 wrote:
UP906 wrote:

I do know, you don't.
So, did Jimmy get in trouble for messing with a freighter or accidentally floating to Canada? :lol :lol

Was this before or after the great fist fight of 85? :lol

Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

I wasn't raised here.

Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm

I remember "Eenie, meanie, money, mo", but the second part was "catch a TIGER by his toe..." Earlier iterations were another word, but I didn't know that until I was an adult. The Chinese thing was, "Me Chinese, me play jokes, me go peepee in your coke."

I remember cherry bombing on teeter totters, and I hated those trashy merry go rounds that MCRF mentioned. There can't be many of those left.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:30 pm

Not really politically incorrect, just silly kid's games.There is a brand of flour in Canada called Robin Hood. We'd call the store and ask "Do you have Robin Hood by the bag?"

Or, sometimes we'd ask "Do you have Aunt Jemima by the box?"

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm
I remember "Eenie, meanie, money, mo", but the second part was "catch a TIGER by his toe..." Earlier iterations were another word, but I didn't know that until I was an adult.
I never heard that iteration until I heard about Jeremy Clarkson landing in hot water for saying it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... -tony-hall

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 pm
I remember "Eenie, meanie, money, mo", but the second part was "catch a TIGER by his toe..." Earlier iterations were another word, but I didn't know that until I was an adult.
I remember the earlier version.

Also, the Brazil Nuts in the Christmas nuts, the dark ones that are really hard to crack, were called N - toes. You never see Brazil Nuts anymore. Probably because of that ugly name.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 am

Took a knife to school everyday. No one said a word, other than teachers asking to borrow it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 am
"Daniel Boone was a man,
he was a big man,
but the bear was bigger,
so he ran like a nigger up a tree."
One day you are going to say that to the wrong person, and they will cut you like they should.

Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:00 am

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:08 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 am
"Daniel Boone was a man,
he was a big man,
but the bear was bigger,
so he ran like a nigger up a tree."
One day you are going to say that to the wrong person, and they will cut you like they should.
You promoting violence there??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic