Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Presidential Debate Commission Is A Farce

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

The Presidential Debate Commission Is A Farce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:35 am

First, they line up a moderator, Kristen Welker, whose family has donated thousands of dollars to Joe Biden and who took her father to the Obama/Biden Christmas party in 2012.

THEN, they scrubbed the foreign policy portion from the upcoming debate, choosing to cover the exact same subjects as the first debate. If anyone thinks this wasn't done to protect Biden, you're kidding yourself.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Re: The Presidential Debate Commission Is A Farce

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:51 am

Another 15 minute segment on climate change? :barf

I think it's too late to do anything now and Trump would look weak if he were to boycott now, but AFTER this election cycle, Republicans should announce they're boycotting the commission.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:54 am

I wonder what process (if any) is used to vet potential moderators.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:01 am

What they SHOULD do is just have 2 moderators, each hand-picked by each side, and they should be able to each pick whoever they want. Get rid of the commission entirely.

And for each of the 3 debates, one should be focused on domestic policy, one on foreign policy, and one free-for-all.

As to selecting venues, I don't know you would do that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

So, no comment about the how Trump does nothing but interrupt and scream?

If you notice, the last debate was the start of the end for his chances...
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

I would submit that when you go into a fight and find out at the last minute that you're going to be fighting two people instead of one, it's best to go on the offensive and quickly.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Trump 2020 senior adviser Jason Miller told “The Story” host Martha McCollum last week that he thought Welker would do an “excellent job.”

“I have a very high opinion of Kristen Welker,” he said. “I think she's going to do an excellent job as the moderator for the third debate. I think she's a journalist who’s very fair in her approach and I think that she'll be a very good choice for this third debate."
The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:51 am

I think it's too late to do anything now and Trump would look weak if he were to boycott now, but AFTER this election cycle, Republicans should announce they're boycotting the commission.
Yeah, 10% of the population dealt with fires nearby their home. Are we supposed to ignore that?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:13 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm
bmw wrote:

Yeah, 10% of the population dealt with fires nearby their home. Are we supposed to ignore that?
Maybe they should be talking to the kooks that run their state capitols.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13 am

I would submit that when you go into a fight and find out at the last minute that you're going to be fighting two people instead of one, it's best to go on the offensive and quickly.
Chris Wallace did what he could to get Trump under control. Trump brings these things on himself.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:34 pm
Trump 2020 senior adviser Jason Miller told “The Story” host Martha McCollum last week that he thought Welker would do an “excellent job.”

“I have a very high opinion of Kristen Welker,” he said. “I think she's going to do an excellent job as the moderator for the third debate. I think she's a journalist who’s very fair in her approach and I think that she'll be a very good choice for this third debate."
Additionally, both campaigns agreed the topics would those chosen by the moderator. Obviously there can be only one resolution, that being Trump yet again turning yellow and chickenshitting away from participating. No sweat of my brow if the man running second in the race scurries away once again.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm
bmw wrote:

So have a broader topic on the environment in general. But Democrats are always fixated on one single part of the environment - the climate.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:57 pm

How about an in depth discussion on how carbon emissions caused the glaciers that once covered the Great Lakes to melt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic