Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Town Hall

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Trump Town Hall

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:04 am
The problem is that Trump lied himself into this kind of questioning and he’s combative.
You're completely missing my point. What I'm saying is that setting aside for the moment who the candidates are, I take issue with every single debate and town hall being anchored by liberals who frame their questions from a liberal viewpoint. It hasn't been even remotely close to balanced. There's a philosophical argument to be made that in ANY presidential election cycle, people from both sides of the political aisle should be able to ask tough questions of the candidate on the other side. The left has plenty of those people asking Trump those kinds of questions (and they would do and have done this to EVERY Republican, not just Trump). But where are the legitimate conservative-point-of-view-framed-questions being asked of Biden?

Even you, RT, have to admit that when setting aside the candidates and looking just at the question-askers, this isn't even close to balanced.
When 95% of the shit on one side is originating with the candidate himself and there isn’t even a policy platform for the party it’s damn hard to ask any questions in a balanced way. Not all ideas are created equal. If the Republicans position is that the sky was purple would the other side need to then defend the sky being blue and suddenly it’s a fair question?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 pm

You are again missing the point. There are plenty of well-respected conservative pundits and thinkers out there, NONE of
whom are being given any access whatsoever to Joe Biden.

I'm not even asking for EQUAL opportunity. I'm asking for ANY opportunity.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 pm
You are again missing the point. There are plenty of well-respected conservative pundits and thinkers out there, NONE of
whom are being given any access whatsoever to Joe Biden.

I'm not even asking for EQUAL opportunity. I'm asking for ANY opportunity.
But when even those people are going to begin to spout talking points why would he submit to that? All Guthrie did was call him out when he started lying. He had no particular way to get out of it though he tried. Should he just be allowed to sit there and make things up? She isn’t a liberal pundit. She’s a journalist. Because the Republican Party has moved so far to the right the center seems far left. That’s all there is to it. No grand conspiracies or anything.

Biden was asked about the court for example and he fumbled his way though it. Also regular people asked Biden questions the whole time.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 pm

AGAIN - do you have any doubt that Gunthrie (assuming she votes) will be voting for Biden? How about George Stepha-I'm-done-trying-to-figure-out-how-to-spell-his-last-name?

And I'm sorry, but Gunthrie was hell-bent obsessed with several Democrat talking points - specifically, that Trump doesn't wear his mask enough, that Trump doesn't pay enough in taxes, and that Trump needs to repeatedly denounce every single group of bad far-right people on the planet. These are all "gotcha" type questions aimed at his character rather than at actual policy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 pm
AGAIN - do you have any doubt that Gunthrie (assuming she votes) will be voting for Biden? How about George Stepha-I'm-done-trying-to-figure-out-how-to-spell-his-last-name?

And I'm sorry, but Gunthrie was hell-bent obsessed with several Democrat talking points - specifically, that Trump doesn't wear his mask enough, that Trump doesn't pay enough in taxes, and that Trump needs to repeatedly denounce every single group of bad far-right people on the planet. These are all "gotcha" type questions aimed at his character rather than at actual policy.
The Q-anon one was a softball. Just say yes. Not “I don’t know what that is”... she even described it for him for god sake.

Masks are approved by something like 80%+ of voters. That is overwhelming so that question makes complete sense. A lot of folks are wondering the same thing. And what’s going on with his taxes is legitimate as well... the average guy doesn’t feel so good watching somebody who can afford a 757 pay less than he does in taxes.

What are they supposed to ask Biden? Why he supports defunding the police?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 pm
The Q-anon one was a softball. Just say yes. Not “I don’t know what that is”... she even described it for him for god sake.
Bullshit. She doesn't know what it is and YOU don't know what it is. Therefore, the question wasn't valid.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:10 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:02 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 pm
Bullshit. She doesn't know what it is and YOU don't know what it is. Therefore, the question wasn't valid.
It’s basic premise is that Democrats and prominent figures are part of a Saran worshipping child sex trafficking ring. It is also believed that they extract a chemical from the blood of the trafficked children that gives them immortality or something. These people believe Trump is an agent sent to stop this travesty. It’s insane stuff. The motives and basic premise are pretty common knowledge and not hard to find.

Are you a QAnon believer?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 pm

Asking candidates to denounce certain groups is a gotch'a question, particularly if you're ONLY asking them to denounce groups on the same side of the political spectrum. The whole point of asking such a question is to force a no-win situation. Denounce group xyz, and their members won't vote for you (yes, even wacko nutjobs have the right to vote), refuse to denounce, and you get bad press. I find the whole line of "why won't you denounce ______" to be a disingenuous line of questions, asked with the specific ulterior motive of knowing it'll make Trump look bad.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Asking candidates to denounce certain groups is a gotch'a question, particularly if you're ONLY asking them to denounce groups on the same side of the political spectrum. The whole point of asking such a question is to force a no-win situation. Denounce group xyz, and their members won't vote for you (yes, even wacko nutjobs have the right to vote), refuse to denounce, and you get bad press. I find the whole line of "why won't you denounce ______" to be a disingenuous line of questions, asked with the specific ulterior motive of knowing it'll make Trump look bad.
But QAnon should be easy to denounce for any normal human being. It’s a softball served up on a silver platter. He can’t hit it for some reason. But the conspiracy theory is so batshit crazy it should be automatically denounced. The Democrats run a child sex trafficking ring out of the basement of a pizza parlor and drink the blood of children to get a life extending compound? Really? Does that sound hard to say “they are nuts” to? I don’t understand what’s wrong with the question... he should WANT questions like that if he wants to win. I’m skeptical that he actually does. I get the feeling he’s quite tired of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:31 pm

It does not make sense politically to denounce ANYBODY that may vote for you. You can argue morals all you want, but both sides knowingly depend on votes from some very detestable people in society. Why would one side denounce those people on their side of the aisle when the other side isn't forced to do the same? It's kind of like nuclear de-escalation.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:31 pm
It does not make sense politically to denounce ANYBODY that may vote for you. You can argue morals all you want, but both sides knowingly depend on votes from some very detestable people in society. Why would one side denounce those people on their side of the aisle when the other side isn't forced to do the same? It's kind of like nuclear de-escalation.
Violence due to racial unrest is more grounded in reality than life extending chemicals from the blood of children... let’s be real here.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm

bmw wrote:
It's very appropriate to have a candidate state his position on topics that are generally accepted as being a social norm. Questions about someone supporting racists is totally appropriate.

Face masks have been proven over and over and are being used by every single country in the world as a means to reduce spread of covid. Given his recklessness and disregard for the entire science community, that's also an appropriate question.

I guess you can't be an idiot and not be held accountable when you hold the most powerful office on the planet.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:01 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm
bmw wrote:
It's very appropriate to have a candidate state his position on topics that are generally accepted as being a social norm. Questions about someone supporting racists is totally appropriate.

Face masks have been proven over and over and are being used by every single country in the world as a means to reduce spread of covid. Given his recklessness and disregard for the entire science community, that's also an appropriate question.

I guess you can't be an idiot and not be held accountable when you hold the most powerful office on the planet.
Thats no way to talk about our president.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 pm

Yes it is. He's worked so hard to earn the label idiot, he's the biggest and best idiot ever to disgrace the office.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Thats no way to talk about our president.

Yes. Your President never says insulting things about anyone.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic