Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The dems on here seem anxious and angry...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: The dems on here seem anxious and angry...

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:26 pm

If I were to bet on Michigan vs. Ohio State, who would I bet on?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:25 pm
Ok where did I go wrong?
I'll answer this. In a high-liquidity market (which the PI Presidential Market certainly is - volume averages 400,000 shares traded daily in this particular market), bettors (at least the smart ones) buy whichever side they believe to be the better value. So if the aggregate of bettors thought Trump was highly over-valued at 40 percent, they would buy the Biden side because they're getting great value for their money. Given the amount of volume in this market, people who are actually buying shares are currently pricing in a roughly 38% chance that Trump wins. Because if they thought it was say 15 or 20%, then the Biden shares would get gobbled up immediately.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Ok where did I go wrong?
I'll answer this. In a high-liquidity market (which the PI Presidential Market certainly is - volume averages 400,000 shares traded daily in this particular market), bettors (at least the smart ones) buy whichever side they believe to be the better value. So if the aggregate of bettors thought Trump was highly over-valued at 40 percent, they would buy the Biden side because they're getting great value for their money. Given the amount of volume in this market, people who are actually buying shares are currently pricing in a roughly 38% chance that Trump wins. Because if they thought it was say 15 or 20%, then the Biden shares would get gobbled up immediately.
But how many are in my view wrongly factoring in 2016 by conflating this polling lead with that one? That was my point...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Ok where did I go wrong?
But how many are in my view wrongly factoring in 2016 by conflating this polling lead with that one? That was my point...
Holy fuck...

If you think they're just looking at raw polling, you are more naive than I thought.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm

Unfortunately, RT is extremely naive.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:46 pm

UP906 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm
Unfortunately, RT is extremely naive.
You have to realize that polling is his gig here. If the polls are not a true reflection of how the populous feel, his toils are no more noteworthy than last week's weather forecast.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Ok where did I go wrong?
Holy fuck...

If you think they're just looking at raw polling, you are more naive than I thought.
Did I say it was ALL they look at? I suspect that’s a heavy factor though...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm

Here is a good example of RT losing his shit: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 15#p636385

Little nervous about the election, RT?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm
Here is a good example of RT losing his shit: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 15#p636385

How does that show he's nervous about the election? Those are points that need to be addressed in my eyes, though I still disagree with RT on coyotes. MW continues to ignore.

Interesting you ignore audiophiles posting habits recently. At least 3 times his usual action.....then again, he claims he "is not a tRump supporter". The idiot Bidet? TC shits? bmw said he was leaving the site. All are off the rails from a posting standpoint lately. But the "dems" are anxious in your eyes. Uh-huh. And you probably think this is the year Michigan will beat OSU too.
Last edited by Honeyman on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:08 pm
Matt wrote:

How does that show he's nervous about the election? Those are points that need to be addressed in my eyes, though I still disagree with RT on coyotes. MW continues to ignore.

Interesting you ignore audiophiles posting habits recently. At least 3 times his usual action.....then again, he claims he "is not a tRump supporter". The idiot Bidet? TC shits? bmw said he was leaving the site. All are off the rails from a posting standpoint lately. But the "dems" are anxious in your eyes. Uh-huh. And you probably think this is the year Michigan will beat OSU too.
I'd vote for Biden if I was guaranteed a Michigan win over OSU, no question. What has Audiophile said that is so offensive? Bidet is a one trick pony, low intellectual douche. It is unclear to me if TC shits is the leftie douche or the rightue douche whose name mocks the leftie. I like bmw, but him and I went at it pretty hard 4 years ago. He was right, I was wrong.

In terms of RT, he's mostly pompous, but he's been lashing out lately.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

I'd vote for Biden if I was guaranteed a Michigan win over OSU, no question. What has Audiophile said that is so offensive? Bidet is a one trick pony, low intellectual douche. It is unclear to me if TC shits is the leftie douche or the rightue douche whose name mocks the leftie. I like bmw, but him and I went at it pretty hard 4 years ago. He was right, I was wrong.

Didn't say audiophile was offensive...just that he's cranked up his posts ×3 recently. Seems anxious to me.

So you'd sell out your vote for a win against OSU?!? I would need a natty to vote for tRump.

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

Didn't say audiophile was offensive...just that he's cranked up his posts ×3 recently. Seems anxious to me.

So you'd sell out your vote for a win against OSU?!? I would need a natty to vote for tRump.
If Michigan beats Ohio State, they are probably a title contender.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:56 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:

I just took my BP it was 122/71 and I take no medicine at all - nothing to anxious about.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 am

MCRF is clearly anxious.

How many new threads with just links with no comments did he post in last 24hrs? I count 8!

If I want an RSS feed, I'll make one!
Last edited by audiophile on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:24 am
MCRF is clearly anxious.

How many new threads with just links with no comments did he post this morning? I count 8!

If I want an RSS feed, I'll make one!
Trying to educate is not being anxious.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic