Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CA's All Electric Economy - With No Power Company.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

CA's All Electric Economy - With No Power Company.

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 am

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/uti ... e-73545288

Unless the CEO was out there rubbing the wires together personally, he didn't intentionally cause the fires. Manslaughter is insane.

Bankrupting the power company or making them switch off the power at the potential of any spark is going to kill people too from running gas power generator's or lack of power for medical purposes. Also no will want an electric car or an all electric house (no natural gas).

Forest management is the bigger issue. I'm sure the greenies wouldn't let you clear the trees.

Look at how many fires were started by lightning. Try banning that!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Re: CA's All Electric Economy - With No Power Company.

Post by km1125 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:11 am

One of the funniest aspects is that the electric car charging stations have to install diesel generators to be able to charge the cars.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:07 pm

LOL!

I just skip a step, I put the diesel in the car. I get 50+ MPG with a near full size car.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm

I do not want an electric vehicle. I say let industry sort it out on its own. Yet, the fight against illegal dumping and the possibility of new jobs from investing in infrastructure is enough for me to support the Green New deal.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 pm

The all new Chevy Fire...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us- ... s-73582418

This is like those birthday candles, that keep relighting. Should be great in CA!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm

There will be a class action suit after awhile.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:16 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm
The only reason there hasn't been one against TESLA so far is that only fanboys have purchased them. As they get more mainstream, it inevitably will happen, as there are many things the fanboys overlook that the average consumer would not.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:18 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:16 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 pm
The only reason there hasn't been one against TESLA so far is that only fanboys have purchased them. As they get more mainstream, it inevitably will happen, as there are many things the fanboys overlook that the average consumer would not.
There must be an awful lot of fanboys then... Tesla’s aren’t horribly unusual to see driving around anymore...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Everybody I know who owns a Tesla is more than thrilled with it. I have a Chevy Volt and absolutely love it. It goes 50 miles on electric and then kicks over to gas. And you can charge it just off regular 110V. Plan was to get a Tesla 3 this spring, but considering how much driving my wife and I do lately, that is on the back burner (see what I did there?!?).

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:37 pm

When I was at GM in November 2018 on the heels of the 2019 lineup announcement, I got many customers who were upset when they found out that the Volt was being discontinued. Customers wanted the hybrid option, and I don't blame them.

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am

There is older Volt owner near me that get a whole 25 miles on a charge. Good thing he has a gas engine!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:51 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:36 am
There is older Volt owner near me that get a whole 25 miles on a charge. Good thing he has a gas engine!
There's definitely something wrong with that car! Has he taken it to the dealership? Could be something wrong with the charging ports.

Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:55 pm

No, the batteries are shot from old age.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:55 pm
No, the batteries are shot.
That happens.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:59 pm

Well, I forget what the warranty parameters are for the battery. I will say that if it's a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Volt, it's probably out of that coverage. What year is it?

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic