Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Senator speaks the truth about Turnip

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Republican Senator speaks the truth about Turnip

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm

It's too late, but some Republicans are starting to catch on that Trump is a pariah.
Senator Ben Sasse, Republican of Nebraska, castigated President Trump in a telephone town hall with constituents on Wednesday, accusing the president of bungling the response to the coronavirus pandemic, cozying up to dictators and white supremacists, and offending voters so broadly that he might cause a “Republican blood bath” in the Senate.

In a dire, nine-minute indictment of Mr. Trump’s foreign policy and what Mr. Sasse called his “deficient” values, the senator said the president had mistreated women and alienated important allies around the globe, been a profligate spender, ignored human rights and treated the pandemic like a “P.R. crisis.” He predicted that a loss by Mr. Trump on Election Day, less than three weeks away, “looks likely,” and said that Republicans would face steep repercussions for having backed him so staunchly over four tumultuous years.

“The debate is not going to be, ‘Ben Sasse, why were you so mean to Donald Trump?’” Mr. Sasse said, according to audio obtained by The Washington Examiner and authenticated by The New York Times. “It’s going to be, ‘What the heck were any of us thinking, that selling a TV-obsessed, narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?’
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Republican Senator speaks the truth about Trunp

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 pm

The rats are coming to the realization that the ship is sinking. Watch for more of them to jump ship.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Re: Republican Senator speaks the truth about Turnip

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Turnip??? Is Trump that hard to spell?

I don't dislike Sasse, but he's more of a maverick.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 am

Bloated Chris Christie admitted Trump has been too lax on masks as well in addition to apologize for not wearing a mask himself. What a goober.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm
Turnip??? Is Trump that hard to spell?

I don't dislike Sasse, but he's more of a maverick.
I kind of like that as a nickname for the guy. It was quite deliberate that I spelled it that way.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 am
I kind of like that as a nickname for the guy. It was quite deliberate that I spelled it that way.
Kind of like how I'm fond of calling a certain politician Chris Crispy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 am

If I go the write-in route, Ben Sasse is one individual I've long considered.

I would be quite surprised if he does not run in 2024.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:35 am

Sasse is a Never Trumper from day one, yet he votes with him most of the time.

As a Nebraskan, I'm sure he is familiar with the term "all hat and no cattle".

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic