Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Coney Barrett...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Amy Coney Barrett...

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:11 am

She's had multiple grand slam home runs in the hearings!

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Bryce

Re: Amy Coney Barrett...

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm

The partisan hack Democrats should be embarrassed by the first day of those hearings. It had nothing to do with confirming a Supreme Court Justice and everything to do with one long DNC campaign comercial.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm
The partisan hack Democrats should be embarrassed by the first day of those hearings. It had nothing to do with confirming a Supreme Court Justice and everything to do with one long DNC campaign comercial.
Did you expect much else? They can’t stop the nomination... about all they can do is protest the process and the odiously hypocritical way it’s being done.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm
Bryce wrote:
Did you expect much else? They can’t stop the nomination... about all they can do is protest the process and the odiously hypocritical way it’s being done.
Stop with the "hypocrite" shit. There is nothing hypocritical about it. We went over this before.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:01 pm

Good article with a bit of background:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... ourt-clerk

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:42 pm

If you could have only one- Amy Coney Barrett confirmed for lifetime appt or Trump for next 4 years what would you choose? One choice only- I'll take ACB

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:42 pm
If you could have only one- Amy Coney Barrett confirmed for lifetime appt or Trump for next 4 years what would you choose? One choice only- I'll take ACB
Trump, no question. If Trump wins either ACB gets on the court or someone similarly qualified.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm
Bryce wrote:
Stop with the "hypocrite" shit. There is nothing hypocritical about it. We went over this before.
No... the Republicans sat on ours for 9 fucking months and said “let’s have an election”... now they are rushing this through in 44 days because there is an election upcoming and an Obamacare case and they want her seated to rule on both even if she should recuse herself in the event of an election case.
Lindsay Graham himself, the fucking committee chairman is on tape saying if it comes up in an election year we’ll wait for the election. That’s in the dictionary as the definition of hypocrisy considering he’s ramming it through now. It’s got him nailed dead to rights. Too bad.

As for her performance... she is incredibly weak at carrying herself in those hearings. It’s actually quite sad. She’s a walking rubber stamp.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm

If senate and president are the same party, the 17/19 of the nominations go through in an election year. If they are different, then only 2/10 go through.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm
If senate and president are the same party, the 17/19 of the nominations go through in an election year. If they are different, then only 2/10 go through.

That’s not the point. That’s also not what the Republicans said in 2016. This thing about which party controls what branch is brand new. They simply said “not in an election year”. Well guess what this is?

Cruz’s grandstanding in that speech was window dressing on what he even knows is hypocrisy. But he’s as unprincipled as Lindsay Graham so it’s ok.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:55 pm

She won’t even commit to backing a peaceful transition of power should Biden win... wow.

She’s a minnow swimming in a big pond. She’s absolutely whiffed on some easy ones here...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:16 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 pm
odiously hypocritical way it’s being done.
The whole damn DNC is a bunch of Lying Hypocrites, 24/7/365.
We don’t hear much from the DNC... you’ll have to expand on this...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:46 pm
audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 pm

That’s not the point. That’s also not what the Republicans said in 2016. This thing about which party controls what branch is brand new. They simply said “not in an election year”. Well guess what this is?

Cruz’s grandstanding in that speech was window dressing on what he even knows is hypocrisy. But he’s as unprincipled as Lindsay Graham so it’s ok.
Is Cruz facts of 17/19 same party vs 2/10 different parties incorrect?

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:55 pm
She won’t even commit to backing a peaceful transition of power should Biden win.
I like her. And an underlying theme of her answers is "The court has been hearing things they shouldn't". And I agree. The Supreme Court has been straying from what I feel is their role, interpreting the Constitution.

RT, what role do you feel the court should have in the transition of power?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:55 pm
She won’t even commit to backing a peaceful transition of power should Biden win.
I like her. And an underlying theme of her answers is "The court has been hearing things they shouldn't". And I agree. The Supreme Court has been straying from what I feel is their role, interpreting the Constitution.

RT, what role do you feel the court should have in the transition of power?
Their role isn’t to interpret the constitution in the way they currently do through judicial review. That’s something they started doing one day in 1803 and nobody said anything.

The court should have no role. That’s the point. She’s no committing to simply saying “it’s none of our business” should a case come up that potentially decides something stopping a recount or on electors or a dozen other things that could flip the election to Trump after he screams fraud and sues. She won’t even commit to recusing herself despite the obvious conflicts of interest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic