Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RUTH BADER GINSBURG DEAD

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

RUTH BADER GINSBURG DEAD

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Breaking

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: RUTH BADER GINSBURG DEAD

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Amy Coney Barrett, come-on down!

To preempt all the lefty whining, you had a lame duck President and didn't have control of the Senate. Save your whining...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:46 pm

RIP, by the way.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:42 pm

To preempt all the lefty whining, you had a lame duck President and didn't have control of the Senate. Save your whining...
Fuck you, cunt!

The censorship king from out of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Can the Senate do a confirmation within 6 weeks??

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Matt wrote:

Fuck you, cunt!
:lol

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:54 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:52 pm
Not if they hadn't sense of patriotism or respect for the constitution. So....yes. Esprcislly with a traitor at the helm.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sure, they can, but I doubt they will. This is a great opportunity for Trump to announce that he'll wait until after the election to make an appointment, which will give him a boost with righties for which SCOTUS is a H*** issue. Of course, I would expect they will try and ram a nominee through. I could also argue that RBG should have probably stepped away at the end of the term, given her poor health.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm
km1125 wrote:
Sure, they can, but I doubt they will. This is a great opportunity for Trump to announce that he'll wait until after the election to make an appointment, which will give him a boost with righties for which SCOTUS is a H*** issue. Of course, I would expect they will try and ram a nominee through. I could also argue that RBG should have probably stepped away at the end of the term, given her poor health.
OF COURSE THEY WILL! And Trump to do the right thing?!? Have you been in a cave the past 4 years?!?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 pm

I echo what Mitch said in 2016. https://youtu.be/YqRJXVXcVeE

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 pm

Matt wrote:

Dude for real?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Matt wrote:

No. We have to wait and see who wins the election. Now is not the time to be making any rash changes to the court until the voters weigh in.

Bunch of Machiavellian fucks... Republicans will literally stop at nothing as long as the ends justify the means. At a certain point this will come back to bite you.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:

No. We have to wait and see who wins the election. Now is not the time to be making any rash changes to the court until the voters weigh in.
Of course what you say is right. But it is not what will happen.

Republicans KNOW it would be wrong. They will do it anyway. They have goosestepped behind the complete disaster Trump, and they will continue to walk in line.

You're asking Mitch McConnell to have an ounce of decency?!?
Last edited by Honeyman on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:

Bunch of Machiavellian fucks... Republicans will literally stop at nothing as long as the ends justify the means. At a certain point this will come back to bite you.
Its not the same, not even close. I've advocated for waiting until Trump wins, but who knows what they'll do? If I was a betting man, I'd bet on an Amy Coney Barrett nomination next week. Are the dems going to fight against a woman? That would be soooooo sexist, right?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:26 pm

Something surprising I heard tonight, Ginsberg and Scalia were close personal friends.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic