Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

“Hazard pay” for professional whiners

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Chrocket87

Re: “Hazard pay” for professional whiners

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:47 pm

I think it’s time to expand school choice vouchers in areas where these teachers refuse to work. I’m a nurse and if I refused to show up to work, I’ll get fired. Why should they receive taxpayer money and maintain employment if they won’t go into work?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:13 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:48 pm
Unbelievable.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/hazard ... d-teachers

The cry-baby babysitters are at it again.
Teacher's unions should not be allowed to exist.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 pm

My mom and my cousin are teachers. None of you three would last 3 days teaching.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:42 pm

To be fair, I couldn't either. That's why they deserve MORE pay.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:46 am

Nurses knew when they endeavored to be nurses that they might die some day from an infection, illness, disease - contracted from their patient. There was a high likelihood. Much higher than the risk teachers take teaching in a classroom. It’s simply logical.

Teachers and their vulnerable families are likely to contract and die of covid if they risk going back into occupied classrooms to teach students during a raging pandemic. They should not have to do that. I support them. This is a consequence of Trump’s incompetent response to the pandemic. Predictable domino effect. Trump’s America.

Chaos from inside the white house and maralago over four years pouring out onto the streets and into homes and institutions across America. You can’t elect a flaming mentally ill man and not expect chaos like this. All predicted. Many times.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:04 am

Unions always the result of abuses by management/ownership. Always. Everything from child labor to preventable deaths and injuries on the job to unfair wages. Historical evidence. Undeniable. And now regulations busted/unions busted. Trump’s America. Chaos overflowing.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 am

How about hazard discounts for customers like 10 percent off on purchases. I have to be around people who may have the virus and the store clerks could have the virus as well. 10 percent off hazard discount sounds good to me. Let’s call it Covid Cash. And here’s another situation what about the food service, how do I know that my food was prepared by a covid-free person the answer is I don’t therefore I should get a hazard discount on my bill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic