Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Dukakis Moment...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

A Dukakis Moment...

Post by Bryce » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:36 am

From challenging an old man to wrestle, telling an auto worker he's full of shit to asking a black reporter if he's on drugs. It's bound to happen. The one singular gaffe that will tank his chances. The question is when?

Here's the original "Dukakis Moment."

Then again, he may have a Howard Dean moment.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: A Dukakis Moment...

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:32 am

Trump showed us in 2016 that moments don't matter anymore.

Attacked a Gold Star family

Mocked a handicapped person

Boasted about groping women

The voters loved it and rewarded him for it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 am

Nah. The Dukakis Moment has already been mastered and executed by Trump many times over. Especially recently with his “inject disinfectant” news briefing viral video burned into everyone’s memory.

The GD Liar, Putin Licker, International Laughing Stock, watching TV, Tweeting, and Golfing his way through his current dereliction of duty and draft dodging legacy - is overwhelmingly cemented in history, and in the minds of voters. Fox and alt-right radio try to spin it all away - but even Trump cult scouts with their badges of loyalty proudly displayed to the end - as they die alone of covid - ALL SECRETLY KNOW they are cowardly victims of the GD Liar-in-Chief and cannot bring themselves to admit they are helpless to extricate from his con artist sway.

When mentally ill narcissists who aspire to unquestioned authority over everyone - openly reveal who they really are, day-after-day, hour-after-hour, scandal-after-scandal - Tweet after Tweet, rally-after-rally, and treasonous act after treasonous act - it’s hard to keep excusing his destruction of The United States of America, The US Constitution, The CDC, The United States Postal Service, The US State Department, The US Department of Justice, Congressional Oversight, The Rule of Law, The Office of the Presidency, The Reputation of The USA around the world, The Destruction of Democracy, The Destruction of The American Dream, The Destruction of the US Economy, and The Destruction of The Lives of Americans.

There is nothing US Senator/Vice President Joe Biden can do or say that would ever make him seem worse than Donald Trump.

In fact his entire life places him on a superior level of trust, experience, and decency that Dumb Ass Donald - wallowing in the sewer with his scared yes men, KGB-ers, criminals, and conspiracy cons - could never hope to understand or attain.

God Bless America and the hope we now have to end this dystopian disaster of a presidency - and move on to a man and his administration who can - as a team - under his caring and experienced leadership - restore our beloved suffering country to self-respect, honor, a bright future, unity, respect around the world, justice, respect for our constitution, respect for its mandated checks and balances, and in general replace constant chaos with carried-out plans to heal at every level, and create a calm and steady momentum forward.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:17 am

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 am

All Bullsh*t DNC Talking Points.

You mean, it didn't really happen?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:25 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:32 am
Trump showed us in 2016 that moments don't matter anymore.

The voters loved it and rewarded him for it.
ATTN READERS: This is the kind of post you'll be able to write if you're reasonably intelligent and have been paying attention. Consider it a goal.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:34 am

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 am

All Bullsh*t DNC Talking Points. Polly wanna a cracker..

This is truly what scares me about America in 2020. All of these things actually happened, whether you like them or not. Perhaps too big of a deal was made over them (I personally doubt it, but an argument could be made) but they certainly weren't "talking points" anymore than Monica Lewinsky was a "talking point." Their impact on the candidacy of the persons in question can also be discussed as far as how it affected voters on all sides.

I'd be glad to argue/discuss/debate the actual policies and actions of both candidates, and would be glad to concede many points about Democrat and Republicans. However, I anticipate Mr. Bedell to slap me with a stupid meme and call me a name. And to me.. that's sad. Whatever happened to "agree to disagree" shake hands and move on? If Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill could do it, why can't we?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:41 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:25 pm
but they certainly weren't "talking points"
They may not be Talking Points in your view. They are when you see hundreds of the same phrases being repeated by the Swamp Media, all the DNC/Liberals on a variety social platforms, over the last four years, then they "talking points."

BTW: What name did I call you that you took offense to ??
But it happened on Nation wide TV with dozens of people watching.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:01 pm

R Bedell wrote:
They may not be Talking Points in your view.
"Talking Points" - : things that lend support to an argument
also : a subject of discussion

So according to Merriam Webster, I stand corrected, they are talking points. Although my sense is that you feel "talking points" implies something more.
R Bedell wrote:
BTW: What name did I call you that you took offense to ??
Pardon me, I was profiling. You have in the past responded to criticism with names and memes. I should be more careful.
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm
The Russian Collusion Talking Point was pounded in our heads for 4 yrs by the DNC and the Swamp Media.........and it DID NOT Happen.
But certainly, that's outside the scope of a "Dukakis moment" that is the subject of this thread.

It seems that the line "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight and get away with it" is a better description of today's political climate than Dukakis in a tank. Perhaps a Hamilton Burr solution would save money and time. (And just to be clear, that is a sarcastic comical comment.).

kager

Post by kager » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Admit it...

Both CLIntons laid all the groundwork necessary for the current Whitehouse occupant to be there.

Credit where due.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:58 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:56 pm
This Dukakis thing was back in 1988. I barely remember him. There was a "tank clip" that stood out in that year.

As far as Biden Gaffe's, the end is not in sight.
Funny enough it makes him look more authentic.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:02 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:45 pm
Admit it...

Both CLIntons laid all the groundwork necessary for the current Whitehouse occupant to be there.

Credit where due.
Crap, my memo said it was Obama's fault.

So many villains to fight, so little time...

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:13 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:45 pm
Admit it...

Credit where due.
Absolutely... Google "Bill Clinton cleared the path" and you'll read about it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Crap, my memo said it was Obama's fault.

So many villains to fight, so little time...

FIFY

Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 pm

R Bedell wrote:
This Dukakis thing was back in 1988. I barely remember him. There was a "tank clip" that stood out in that year.

But the President's are just "Democrat Talking Points"?

kager

Post by kager » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:16 pm

R Bedell wrote:

I remember it well. Ol' Honest Uncle Gigolo Joe '88 bid was sidelined when he 'occasionally' lifted others' speech 'themes' and made them his own...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic