Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

Surprisingly, she's a short-list V. P. Candidate for who?
Gov. Kristi Noem of South Dakota on Friday defended a story included in her forthcoming biography in which she describes killing a family dog on their farm, to her daughter’s distress — a grisly anecdote that instantly drew criticism from a number of political opponents.

Ms. Noem, a Republican who is widely seen as a contender to be former President Donald J. Trump’s running mate, shared details about shooting the 14-month-old dog, a female wirehaired pointer named Cricket, and an unnamed goat, according to excerpts first reported by The Guardian.

An avid hunter, Ms. Noem wrote that she had hoped to train Cricket to hunt pheasant, but that she proved “untrainable,” “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless” as a hunting dog. “I hated that dog,” Ms. Noem wrote, according to The Guardian.
I have lived in a rural area long enough to understand how farmers are different than suburban and city folks. At no point is this heartwarming story going to resonate with those women swing voters needed to get a candidate elected.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Re: Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am
Gov. Kristi Noem of South Dakota on Friday defended a story included in her forthcoming biography in which she describes killing a family dog on their farm, to her daughter’s distress — a grisly anecdote that instantly drew criticism from a number of political opponents.

Ms. Noem, a Republican who is widely seen as a contender to be former President Donald J. Trump’s running mate, shared details about shooting the 14-month-old dog, a female wirehaired pointer named Cricket, and an unnamed goat, according to excerpts first reported by The Guardian.

An avid hunter, Ms. Noem wrote that she had hoped to train Cricket to hunt pheasant, but that she proved “untrainable,” “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless” as a hunting dog. “I hated that dog,” Ms. Noem wrote, according to The Guardian.
I have lived in a rural area long enough to understand how farmers are different than suburban and city folks. At no point is this heartwarming story going to resonate with those women swing voters needed to get a candidate elected.
She also fucked Corey Lewandowski, so her intelligence is questionable. It's fair to call her South Dakota's Whitmer.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

TC Talks wrote:

So you’re saying most rural folks wouldn’t go drag the dog kicking and screaming to a gravel pit and shoot it?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am
TC Talks wrote:

She also fucked Corey Lewandowski, so her intelligence is questionable. It's fair to call her South Dakota's Whitmer.
She’s more like Sarah Palin with veneers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am
TC Talks wrote:

So you’re saying most rural folks wouldn’t go drag the dog kicking and screaming to a gravel pit and shoot it?
It's not the first time I've heard of a farmer killing work animals. Bragging about killing pets says all you need to know about this woman.
Her daughter, Kennedy, Ms. Noem wrote, “looked around confused” and asked, “Hey, where’s Cricket?”
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

I have no issue with someone killing their dangerous dog.

Same with my neighbor shooting his cows in the head with a rifle while taking them to the processing plant, probably for those fantastic burgers you're now eating.

What happened to ultimate liberal hypocrisy, "My Body - My Choice"? But not "My Dog - My Choice" OR "My Cow - My Choice"?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Even a lot of conservative media folks are outraged by her actions toward the dog (and rightfully so).

The dog should've been taken to a professional trainer or to a shelter for rehabilitation and subsequent adoption, not murdered.

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-names-tur ... ng-1894871

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... normal.amp

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/ ... g-in-book/
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm
What happened to ultimate liberal hypocrisy, "My Body - My Choice"? But not "My Dog - My Choice" OR "My Cow - My Choice"?
What the hell is wrong with you? What a fucked up take. I can’t even begin to unravel that.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

I don't even eat red meat, but I have no issue with hunters that choose to shoot deer.

It's an animal - whether you privately shoot accurately, so it does not suffer, or put it to sleep at the vet amounts to same thing in my mind.

Could I pull the trigger even on a dangerous dog (maybe one that was too dangerous to take to the vet)? No, I couldn't do it but I'm not going say it is categorically wrong, either.

I have seen much worse on farm I grew up on. In just one example, my grandma chopped the heads off chickens with an ax and after they got done hopping around, I helped pull the feathers out as a child.

However, liberals are ok with killing an unborn child that is viable, for inconvenience's sake - NOW that is truly messed up.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm
I don't even eat red meat, but I have no issue with hunters that choose to shoot deer.

It's an animal - whether you privately shoot accurately, so it does not suffer, or put it to sleep at the vet amounts to same thing in my mind.

Could I pull the trigger even on a dangerous dog (maybe one that was too dangerous to take to the vet)? No, I couldn't do it but I'm not going say it categorically wrong, either.

I have seen much worse on farm I grew up on. In just one example, my grandma chopped the heads off chickens with an ax and after they got done hopping around, I helped pull the feathers out as a child.

However, liberals are ok with killing an unborn child that is viable, for inconvenience's sake - NOW that is truly messed up.
TBH, you probably should have used the Ben account to post this.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

It’s like he WANTS that belief to be true, so he can hold his own moral high ground or something. Because every situation is exactly the same.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

I was pretty clear that this happens, but it was a career ender (before it had a chance)for any national office. Stupid move.

BTW, in our county, we recently charged and convicted a guy for doing something similar. People with "2024 common sense" would take the dog to a shelter.

And I agree with Matt, this was a Ben type post not Audiophile type post. Maybe I should start calling him Lyle.
Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

Matt, who was the other person using your account while spouting sonnets for Megan?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm
Matt, who was the other person using your account while spouting sonnets for Megan?
I don't understand your obsession with Meghan McCain.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm

I don't have one, but you had one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic