Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Example Of How Uber Progressive's Think

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Example Of How Uber Progressive's Think

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Minneapolis Tells Residents With Riot-Wrecked Buildings They Can't Clean Up Until They've Paid Their 2020 Property Taxes in Full

First they let anarchists and Bolshevists loot, burn and destroy your property along with your source of income. Then, make you pay taxes before you are allowed to rebuild what THEY let be destroyed.

https://reason.com/2020/08/13/minneapol ... s-in-full/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Example Of How Uber Progressive's Think

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm
Minneapolis Tells Residents With Riot-Wrecked Buildings They Can't Clean Up Until They've Paid Their 2020 Property Taxes in Full

First they let anarchists and Bolshevists loot, burn and destroy your property along with your source of income. Then, make you pay taxes before you are allowed to rebuild what THEY let be destroyed.call anyone's

Like this guy?

Please, for the love of all things good and pure NEVER call anyone a drama queen...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:21 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm

First they let anarchists and Bolshevists loot, burn and destroy your property along with your source of income. Then, make you pay taxes before you are allowed to rebuild what THEY let be destroyed.call anyone's

Like this guy?

Please, for the love of all things good and pure NEVER call anyone a drama queen...
I meant to type Bolshevic's
Damn auto correct on my phone got me again. But I do think I saw that guy in the background during news coverage.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

G G

Post by G G » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:33 pm

+1!!!!!!!

I used Uber a few weeks ago on the way to the airport. I ordered the Uber for 3AM. When I checked my digital device at 3AM, I had 2 notifications and when I swiped to see what they were, there wasn't a message. So I kept messing with my device I couldn't find it. So I was looking out my window and couldn't see anyone. I was going to call customer service but the number I found on the web did nothing! So i started looking for an Uber, and nothing would load. I then went to Lyft and couldn't find anything either. I tried calling cab companies and could not get a cab! It took me an hour and a half to finally get an Uber. This fatty came sliding up to my front door at 4:30 AM and I had a flight leaving at 6AM. I could tell that this ride was going to take longer than advertised because their immense girth was going to weigh down my ride. Undaunted, I get into the ride and direct her to go! She takes the long route through my subdivision! I am trying to get her damn attention, but she had her "urban music" playing too loud to hear my commands. I decided it was fruitless and let the moron do what she wanted. So I asked politely that she speed up because her and her company weren't there when I requested at 3AM. After about 5 minutes of discussion, she put her foot to the floor and we were flying. We got to DTW with just minutes to spare. She then had the audacity to send me a message asking for a rating and tip. How could I in good conscience give this woman a tip when her large frame couldn't get moving until an hour and a half later than I requested?

I have to agree. Uber is a great metaphor for progressivism. It doesn't work the way its advertised, it causes problems for business, and the people working in it are nothing but morons!
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 pm

G G wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:33 pm
+1!!!!!!!

I used Uber a few weeks ago on the way to the airport. I ordered the Uber for 3AM. When I checked my digital device at 3AM, I had 2 notifications and when I swiped to see what they were, there wasn't a message. So I kept messing with my device I couldn't find it. So I was looking out my window and couldn't see anyone. I was going to call customer service but the number I found on the web did nothing! So i started looking for an Uber, and nothing would load. I then went to Lyft and couldn't find anything either. I tried calling cab companies and could not get a cab! It took me an hour and a half to finally get an Uber. This fatty came sliding up to my front door at 4:30 AM and I had a flight leaving at 6AM. I could tell that this ride was going to take longer than advertised because their immense girth was going to weigh down my ride. Undaunted, I get into the ride and direct her to go! She takes the long route through my subdivision! I am trying to get her damn attention, but she had her "urban music" playing too loud to hear my commands. I decided it was fruitless and let the moron do what she wanted. So I asked politely that she speed up because her and her company weren't there when I requested at 3AM. After about 5 minutes of discussion, she put her foot to the floor and we were flying. We got to DTW with just minutes to spare. She then had the audacity to send me a message asking for a rating and tip. How could I in good conscience give this woman a tip when her large frame couldn't get moving until an hour and a half later than I requested?

I have to agree. Uber is a great metaphor for progressivism. It doesn't work the way its advertised, it causes problems for business, and the people working in it are nothing but morons!
This is the best post I've read here for years.

First, I think Bryce was using the term uber in it's common context as an adverb and adjective , as in Over or Beyond.

Second, generally speaking drivers who work on behalf of Uber (THE RIDE SHARE COMPANY) also drive in conjunction with Lyft so essentially you're tapping into the same pool of drivers regardless of which brand service you're using. If one ain't answering your call, it's unlikely the other will either.

Third, and most delicious is you do realize you as as rider are being rated as well. When you give your "fatty" driver a healthy serving of shit and a poor rating, you are being evaluated as a customer too. It sure sounds like you've worked your way into the undesirable customer category. Your crap attitude may have earned yourself the status of being lucky if both ride share companies bother to send so much as a donkey cart next time you need a ride in the dead of the night. Congratulations asshole, you won a fitting prize for your pissy behavior toward folks just trying to keep things moving and working in these unusual and stressful times. You showed 'em.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 pm

It was a fun read. For some reason though, I've a suspicion it was written as satire. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

G G

Post by G G » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm

It was a fun read. For some reason though, I've a suspicion it was written as satire. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I can assure you it was a 100% true and honest story. I do some consulting and project management for a medium-sized business operating out of LV, and the owners and CEO wanted to get together for dinner and to discuss some changes that need to be made, so it was a shitty situation to be in since I let my in-law borrow my car while his was in the shop, so my "Plan B" was neutralized. Luckily they bounced me from the 6AM to 7:30 for for like 75 bucks. So I just ended up talking to some buddies on discord for a few hours and had a turkey wrap before getting on my flight.

The TSA checked through all of my carry-on, pulling out my laptop and scanning it twice. I was getting the feeling they were going to confiscate it. But no. It wasn't fun doing a layover in Dallas though, it took forever to get to the other terminal. Good pizza though!

btw, if you are a Vegas person, the strip is dead right now and there's nothing much to do. I would have rather gone to Florida.
Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:04 pm

G G wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm
Bryce wrote:

I can assure you it was a 100% true and honest story. I do some consulting and project management for a medium-sized business operating out of LV, and the owners and CEO wanted to get together for dinner and to discuss some changes that need to be made, so it was a shitty situation to be in since I let my in-law borrow my car while his was in the shop, so my "Plan B" was neutralized. Luckily they bounced me from the 6AM to 7:30 for for like 75 bucks. So I just ended up talking to some buddies on discord for a few hours and had a turkey wrap before getting on my flight.

The TSA checked through all of my carry-on, pulling out my laptop and scanning it twice. I was getting the feeling they were going to confiscate it. But no. It wasn't fun doing a layover in Dallas though, it took forever to get to the other terminal. Good pizza though!

btw, if you are a Vegas person, the strip is dead right now and there's nothing much to do. I would have rather gone to Florida.
You travel enough that you're going to Vegas during a pandemic but you don't have Clear???
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 pm

Yeah, well, now is a good time to fly. Not too crowded and I got round trip to Denver for 99.00. Not one way. Round trip. Plus, Southwest had not check bag fees! weeeee

G G

Post by G G » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:04 pm
G G wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm
Bryce wrote:

You travel enough that you're going to Vegas during a pandemic but you don't have Clear???
I don't travel much, its not like we meet weekly, or even monthly. We are "cloud-based" and have a "distributed workforce" of contractors. Contractors=flakes, so I want to improve relations and performance by making our best workers regular employees so they have an interest in sticking around. Hopefully it will push some of the other ham-and-eggers to do better.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 pm

Most of us Berniecrats would never stick it to the poor. You do realize that it's authoritarian Dems that promote this, right? Like De Blasio and Bloomberg...we don't like them as Berniecrats. In fact, I would have voted 3rd party if Mike had received the nomination. I voted 3rd party in 2008 and 2012 and wouldn't be afraid to do it if needed.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 pm
Most of us Berniecrats would never stick it to the poor.
Why would you want to "stick it" to anybody?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:31 pm

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:09 am

A central tenet of the Bolshevik ideology was that the Party members and their operatives knew best how society should be structured, and what ordinary people should be allowed to know and to think. They enforced this tenet by intimidation, or if necessary, by elimination.

What should be noted is that the Bolsheviks were speaking for the “people”, or so they claimed. Even their name insinuated as much, being derived from the Slavic for “majority.” In fact, they were never more than a select minority in any of the nations they subdued. They succeeded with their ruse by seizing control of the media, as instructed by Marx and accomplished by Lenin. Once the organs for the flow of information were subverted, the brainwashing of the masses began.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:41 am

Interesting lesson, what's the? Trump is using many of these tactics and you seem to enjoy it. Like sending storm troopers to beat up protesters,

So, Bolshevik's are like white supremacists? Democrats aren't that well organized, but Republicans are...
Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic