Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer: "Do what I say, not what I do"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Whitmer: "Do what I say, not what I do"

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 pm

Holy fucking pot calling the kettle black: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 331135001/

The President should say he's "just trying to keep people safe."

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Re: Whitmer: "Do what I say, not what I do"

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:36 pm
Holy fucking pot calling the kettle black: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 331135001/

The President should say he's "just trying to keep people safe."
100%

You just OWNED everybody on here!!!

When it comes to unconstitutional orders, it’s wrong for Trump to do it, but not for her.
Ultimately, neither one of them is right, but at least Trump tried the constitutional process.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:33 pm

ei ei io!

100% hypocrisy.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

G G

Post by G G » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:41 pm

+1!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:55 pm

Trump don't care if these executive orders don't pass. He don't care if they get shot down in court and are not enacted.

What Donald can now say "Hey America, I tried to help you through these troubling times.
But the big bad Democrats shot it down.
Those meanies are taking money out of your pocket. Remember that in November".

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:55 pm
Trump don't care if these executive orders don't pass. He don't care if they get shot down in court and are not enacted.

What Donald can now say "Hey America, I tried to help you through these troubling times.
To which they will reply “we tried to get you three times more and the Republicans led by Trump want to give you a token payment as millions of you lose the roof over your heads”... the Democrats remain in the stronger position because they were trying to do more than Trump did here or than the GOP was offering.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:53 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:

To which they will reply “we tried to get you three times more and the Republicans led by Trump want to give you a token payment as millions of you lose the roof over your heads”... the Democrats remain in the stronger position because they were trying to do more than Trump did here or than the GOP was offering.
Bill Clinton was often at odds with Congress. Trump can say he tried.

Democrats bill had a lot of riders.

Republican were also willing to pass a simple and clean unemployment extension, but the democrats said NOT WITHOUT OUR PORK!

What doesn't make sense is essential workers making less then those unemployed. Mitt is right:
Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney, one of the senators proposing a scaled-down approach, explained to reporters his plan would have unemployment remain at $600 a week for the next month, decrease to $400 a week a month after that, and then finally down to around 80% of a worker’s previous wages.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ent-benef/

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:53 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:23 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:

Bill Clinton was often at odds with Congress. Trump can say he tried.

Democrats bill had a lot of riders.

Republican were also willing to pass a simple and clean unemployment extension, but the democrats said NOT WITHOUT OUR PORK!

What doesn't make sense is essential workers making less then those unemployed. Mitt is right:
Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney, one of the senators proposing a scaled-down approach, explained to reporters his plan would have unemployment remain at $600 a week for the next month, decrease to $400 a week a month after that, and then finally down to around 80% of a worker’s previous wages.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ent-benef/
Which works great under normal circumstances when everyone has a job to go back to. We aren’t there. So now you wean them off in two months and what jobs are they supposed to go get? There aren’t that many jobs available...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 am

No, that's not how I read it.

600/wk for Month
400/wk for Month
80% of normal pay after that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 am
No, that's not how I read it.

600/wk for Month
400/wk for Month
80% of normal pay after that.
Whether the Democrats plan had pork in it or not “we wanted to help you more than they did” will always win the day. It only adds fuel to throwing the GOP out in November and that’s had plenty of gasoline thrown on it already. Let’s face it... Republicans are playing defense everywhere right now.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:58 am

I think the 3 trillion bill Democrat were pushing is insane. Almost 1 trillion was just for states.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:00 am

If I read right, the orders went through the Legal Office before signing them so they will hold up at first pass. The Payroll tax holiday will be challenged for sure. IMHO this was done to slap both sides of the aisle across the puss and say get your shit together and pass something concrete. I think both sides will come back to the table and work to take the worst of the pork out, shouldn't be any in there but we all know how congress works, and by week's end there will be a deal done.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:16 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 am
Which works great under normal circumstances when everyone has a job to go back to. We aren’t there. So now you wean them off in two months and what jobs are they supposed to go get? There aren’t that many jobs available...
Jobs are definitely out there RIGHT NOW. I was talking to a couple restaurant owners this weekend and they can't get people back to work so they're having to close down more hours.

Those folks who are refusing to go back to work now better remember this because next year after all the small businesses fail they will be competing for those few open positions with all of their former coworkers who are also out of work. And unemployment with have expired by then.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:18 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:28 am
“we wanted to help you more than they did” will always win the day. It only adds fuel to throwing the GOP out in November
And that is precisely what is wrong. Piss on America as long as we can win in November. Never mind America is in Debt for the Tune of $26.6 TRILLION, that Americans will have to pay back, to include yourself, your kids, your grandkids, and great grandkids. And the insanity of wanting to going in deeper just boggles the mind. Rest assured the Democrats don't care, as well as the other side of the aisle, because they won't pay, and they still gt their paychecks. They have NO skins in the game.
Someone needs to start running national ads right now on just what a "trillion dollars" means.

Each one trillion that congress spends is the equivalent of yet another $10,000 credit card balance that gets put on each and every working American, along with the attendant interest.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm

There are lots of jobs available. Not just entry level either. In my area trades like welders are in high demand, the Honda and GM plant are both hiring along with damn near every restaurant and store.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic