Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NYC power outage

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14896

NYC power outage

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm

So parts of New York City lost power for a little while early this morning. Some power came back in 20 minutes. Almost all was restored in a couple of hours. About 130,000 total affected from what I read.

I bring this up to illustrate something. Watch the nightly network news this evening. I'll wager they all carry on like it was almost the end of the world.

Anywhere else in the country, a 2 hour power outage isn't even mentioned on the nightly news. But because it happened in the center of the media universe, it will be a OMG story tonight.

Another fine example of network news is out of touch with the rest of the country.

TC Talks

Re: NYC power outage

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:47 pm

I agree, for example Jared Kushner used a political slush fund to purchase over a million covid tests in March and hid them from states in desperate need like Michigan.

Where was the coverage?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm
So parts of New York City lost power for a little while early this morning. Some power came back in 20 minutes. Almost all was restored in a couple of hours. About 130,000 total affected from what I read.

I bring this up to illustrate something. Watch the nightly network news this evening. I'll wager they all carry on like it was almost the end of the world.

Anywhere else in the country, a 2 hour power outage isn't even mentioned on the nightly news. But because it happened in the center of the media universe, it will be a OMG story tonight.

Another fine example of network news is out of touch with the rest of the country.
What also might be considered out of touch is not understanding if you live on the 30th floor of a high-rise residential building or if you're dependent on an electrified subway system for your transportation, the loss of power is not insignificant. It also seems a bit out of touch to be disdainful of coverage that hasn't of yet happened.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:58 pm
I agree, for example Jared Kushner used a political slush fund to purchase over a million covid tests in March and hid them from states in desperate need like Michigan.
Cite the Documents to back that up....!!!!
Ya' gotta love this attitude from the dopes like this troll. Anything negative about Trump...ANYTHING...did not happen.

If it's been widely reported--- fake news.

If it's been recorded, "grab 'em by the pussy",---he was joking.

If it's blatantly stupid like taking a sharpie to draw a hurricane map incorrectly--- gets ignored.

These idiots should just genuflect or say "Sieg Heil!" to their leader and leave us all with brains in our skills alone.
The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:25 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:19 pm
Ya' gotta love this attitude from the dopes like this troll
You can spot people like this this clown, a mile away.

And idiots like you who can only speak regurgitating dumb memes are the worst. Please have a nice weekend and attend many parties with your non-masking friends. We don't need cretins like you in the civilization.
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:05 pm

This fool is way to easy to bait. Sorry Mike for disturbing your topic...

Hey loser https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07 ... o-thin-air
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic