Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ohio Governor test positive

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Ohio Governor test positive

Post by zzand » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive for Covid-19. He says he has no symptoms. I wonder how many more political types will end up with positive results? Trump stands more of a chance than Biden simply because Biden hides in his basement. :razz

km1125

Re: Ohio Governor test positive

Post by km1125 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm

And do we know if it was a real positive or a false positive?

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

It was his first test so no way of knowing. There will be a follow up in like three days.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:28 am

He got tested yesterday afternoon again and it came back negative. So much for testing

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:16 am

Just as many as negative tests that are false

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:27 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm
Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive for Covid-19. He says he has no symptoms. I wonder how many more political types will end up with positive results? Trump stands more of a chance than Biden simply because Biden hides in his basement. :razz
I'm curious what purpose would be served if Biden were to make numerous in-person appearances throughout the country? Is some policy information not being conveyed because he's not jetting about? Who exactly is being robbed of an political experience by his campaign not dragging his staff, security and the entire circus that revolved around a presidential candidate visit? Would Biden speaking to some service club in your city with a sound-bite with your local news anchor make you more likely to vote for him?

I really hope you'll take a moment and reply to these questions because I'm really getting quite tired of this whole notion of hiding in a basement. Believe it not there's a communicable disease heath crisis going on right now (it's in the papers and all). General feeling is restricting travel is desirable, so I really have to ask what purpose you see in not erring on the side of caution. I also have to ask what it is he should be doing? With the relentless criticism I would think folks would be able to offer some concrete ideas about what solution might please them or at least make the situation acceptable enough to move onto other issues.

Thanks in advance, I really do hope you'll respond to my questions. I'd also welcome hearing from others have brought up the basement hiding idea.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:10 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:16 am
Just as many as negative tests that are false
You sure about that?

If so, which ones do you trust?? If they're that bad, why are we testing everyone anyways? Why don't we just assume everyone has it?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:14 pm

I trust the lab test, not the antigen test. His positive was an antigen test, which are fast but not all that reliable, his other tests were all lab tests which score much high on the reliable scale.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic