Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Crooked pile of shit Trump wants to delay election

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:17 pm
You mean the President who just delivered an excellent eulogy at John Lewis's Funeral?

At least the racist Trump had the good taste to not attend.
Almost forgot what it sounded like to hear a well-spoken, heartfelt, compassionate speech to come from an individual who has held the highest office in the land.
I had heard President Bush had some nice words. Nice of both of you to recognize him!
Who do you think hes voting for?
Neither.
I dont think so...but lets say you are correct.

Name another time in history a past president of one party did not endorse the sitting president of his party for reelection.

I'll wait.

What do you think that says?

Everybody with sense knows hes a disaster.

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am

Here we go. He will fail as he like he has with most things, but it will be messy.
But with Trump continuing to run far behind Biden in national and swing state polls — and with the election now less than 100 days away — the Republican president’s rhetoric has thrust the notion that Trump might not accept the election results from the partisan fever swamps to center stage in the campaign debate.

Earlier this month, in an interview with Fox News, Trump declined to say if he will accept the results of the election, saying, “I have to see.” And in floating the possibility of a delay on Thursday, Trump suggested that what he was seeing so far wasn’t promising.

“With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???”

Later in the day, Trump insisted he did not want to see the election delayed but refused to foreclose on the possibility.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:56 am

Trump wants to delay the election because he wants to maximize the chances of a vaccine being publicly available before people head to the polls; he feels such "good news" will greatly improve his reelection chances.

Of course, the narrative he's pushing is that he wants people to be able to vote safely.

FWIW, I do agree with him about the risks of widespread mail-in voting. The potential for ballot tampering or ballots simply being lost is too great.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:58 am

The shitbag that preceded him was complicit in spying on Candidate and then President-Elect Trump.
Proof?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:56 am
Trump wants to delay the election because he wants to maximize the chances of a vaccine being publicly available before people head to the polls; he feels such "good news" will greatly improve his reelection chances.

Of course, the narrative he's pushing is that he wants people to be able to vote safely.

FWIW, I do agree with him about the risks of widespread mail-in voting. The potential for ballot tampering or ballots simply being lost is too great.
Clearly you have no idea how absentee/mail-in votes (It’s the same thing) are counted. The risk of fraud is actually quite low because of the safeguards in place to catch it if there were any.

It’s literally absentee voting on a wider scale. We’ve already been doing this for years and several states already do all mail in voting. There were no cries from Republicans about it prior to it looking like it won’t benefit them. This is all about how his re-election chances look with a higher turnout. He’s already almost DOA in this thing but a higher than usual turnout and he’s toast. And actually he may be hurting himself a little preaching against it. If the virus is running full tilt there are old people who simply won’t vote because they don’t have a ballot to mail in and won’t go to the polls out of fear. Given what we know about demographics that leaves a lot of Trump votes on the cutting room floor. If he were smart he would be encouraging it across the board. Then again that’s why the distinction between mail-in and absentee... there is no difference obviously but he has a lot of His voters Going “but I use absentee what about how I do it is that ok?” So he wants to reassure them that they are in the right. It’s a really dumb play to make.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 am

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:59 am
RT:

It is NOT the method of voting but..............who counts the ballots. DUH
The same people who count in person votes count the other ballots.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:43 am

Even that Liberal Rag the National Review thinks it's an absurd idea: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/a-voting-wrong/

The censorship king from out of state.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am

I don't subscribe to the concern of wide spread voter fraud but I do have some observations.
It’s literally absentee voting on a wider scale.
True but just because something works on a small scale doesn't automatically mean it translates to a large scale

When I vote in person I insert my ballot in a machine that "whisks it away" and presumably records my vote.
I just voted absentee early this week. What I had looked like a normal in person ballot. I inserted it in a sort of privacy sleeve like you get in person before placing it in the mail in envelope. What happens with my ballot after that I don't know. But its completely possible for someone at the other end to look at my ballot before inserting it in a machine. Nothing I see would stop them other than a sense of morality or peer pressure from another employee/volunteer. Then I suppose if they were inclined they could void my vote with a couple quick marks on my ballot before inserting it.
Hopefully there is some sort of "checks and balances" but what are they?

An added observation locally is the Southfield City Clerk is facing several felonies related to misconduct during the 2018 election. We are told the election results were not affected and the votes were all fairly counted. That may very well be true. But when someone gets caught doing something bad there is a popular mantra that sort of goes "That may be the first time they were caught but you know it wasn't the first time they did it".

I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:52 am

I do not trust the U.S. Postal Service. Craig gives a terrific example with respect to increased potential for clerk fraud, too.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:03 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am
Just curious - has anybody pondered the possibility of Trump running again in 2024 if he loses in 2020? I could see him winning the nomination again if the Biden presidency were a disaster.
I've said it before on here. I believe Joe will step down in less than 4 years. If elected in 2020, Joe's VP choice will be the incumbent Prez in 2024.
If Sleepy Joe wins the presidency, I would almost expect him to step down in early 2023 (if he can make it that long), so that his VP choice can run two more times instead of one more time (if the VP moves up to the presidency more than halfway through a term, they're still eligible to run for re-election in their own right twice)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:52 am
I do not trust the U.S. Postal Service. Craig gives a terrific example with respect to increased potential for clerk fraud, too.
I second this. Maybe they should require FED EX with tracking and make the voter pay the cost. Many government agencies do not trust USPS either.

I also if you vote by mail, the ballot should not be anonymous.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:58 am

The whole thing is so pathetic and such a sad commentary on American politics.

We no longer select a person for the highest political office in the land because of their qualifications (Trump) or their actual ability to perform the job due to diminished mental capacity (Trump and Biden) but because of the little letter next to their name and how much they can be propped up by their own respective political machines.

Both of these guys should have been eliminated (Trump in 2016, Biden this Spring) from serious consideration as our President.

We are watching "Weekend at Bernie's" in real life and no one knows how to turn off the movie projector.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:50 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:52 am
I second this. Maybe they should require FED EX with tracking and make the voter pay the cost. Many government agencies do not trust USPS either.

I also if you vote by mail, the ballot should not be anonymous.
FedEx with tracking with the voter paying the cost would be a poll tax.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm

No. You can show up in person for free. Besides it's not that much.

Why should government pay for S&H? Most federal agencies send via FEDEX if it's something very important.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm

Putin is schooling Trump on best way to cheat and win. That’s why there are so many phone chats recently between the two.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic