Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans finally breaking with Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Republicans finally breaking with Trump

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:37 pm

It's finally happening, the rats don't plan on going down with the ship of fool.
In recent days, some of the most prominent figures in the G.O.P. outside the White House have broken with Mr. Trump over issues like the value of wearing a mask in public and heeding the advice of health experts like Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, whom the president and other hard-right figures within the administration have subjected to caustic personal criticism.

They appear to be spurred by several overlapping forces, including deteriorating conditions in their own states, Mr. Trump’s seeming indifference to the problem and the approach of a presidential election in which Mr. Trump is badly lagging his Democratic challenger, Joseph R. Biden Jr., in the polls.

Once-reticent Republican governors are now issuing orders on mask-wearing and business restrictions that run counter to Mr. Trump’s demands. Some of those governors have been holding late-night phone calls among themselves to trade ideas and grievances; they have sought out partners in the administration other than the president, including Vice President Mike Pence, who, despite echoing Mr. Trump in public, is seen by governors as far more attentive to the continuing disaster.

“The president got bored with it,” David Carney, an adviser to the Texas governor, Greg Abbott, a Republican, said of the pandemic. He noted that Mr. Abbott directs his requests to Mr. Pence, with whom he speaks two to three times a week.

A handful of Republican lawmakers in the Senate have privately pressed the administration to bring back health briefings led by figures like Dr. Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx, who regularly updated the public during the spring until Mr. Trump upstaged them with his own briefing-room monologues. And in his home state of Kentucky last week, Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, broke with Mr. Trump on nearly every major issue related to the virus.

Mr. McConnell stressed the importance of mask-wearing, expressed “total” confidence in Dr. Fauci and urged Americans to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that Mr. Trump has ignored or dismissed.
ny times

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: Republicans finally breaking with Trump

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm

Fox is also going after Trump for repeatedly lying. Chris Wallace called him out on the spot.
An agitated President Trump offered a string of combative and often dubious assertions in an interview aired Sunday, defending his handling of the coronavirus with misleading evidence, attacking his own health experts, disputing polls showing him trailing in his re-election race and defending people who display the Confederate flag as victims of “cancel culture.”

The president’s remarks, delivered in an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” amounted to a contentious potpourri more commonly found on his Twitter feed and at his political rallies.

The difference this time was a vigorous attempt by the host, Chris Wallace, to fact-check him, leading to several clashes between the two on matters ranging from the coronavirus response to whether Mr. Trump would accept the results of the election should he lose.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/19/us/p ... -race.html
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:34 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:27 pm
And you drank the NYT koolaid....???

OMG...... ROTF----LMAO

That FOX interview was chock full of Wallace destroying Trumps fantasy land.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:44 pm
You Liberals just crack me up. You boot step to the Obama statement, that Fox news is an evil news media, then in the same breath you latch on to the Trump Hating Chris Wallace as the gospel. Well Sparky, which way is it ????
Chris Wallace is an asshole anyway. Being a Republican I can tell you Fox News is turning more liberal everyday. Fox News is not a reliable source, here’s the reliable sources I use Newsmax, The F1rst, America’s Voice and Blaze TV.

Deleted User 15335

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:02 pm

the librel fake news is always blaming Mr Trump for telling lies.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:17 pm

R Bedell wrote:
You Liberals just crack me up. You boot step to the Obama statement, that Fox news is an evil news media, then in the same breath you latch on to the Trump Hating Chris Wallace as the gospel. Well Sparky, which way is it ????
This was an interview where Trump's lies are catching up with him. It has nothing to do with the network, but it amazes me how fast the Conservative Victimhood has run away once FOX saw the light.
― Matt

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:23 pm

I know it's Fox, but at least it's via MSN, so the lefties should be happy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB16VZHV

Looks like heads are about to roll.
Thread Killer

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:23 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:17 pm
R Bedell wrote:
This was an interview where Trump's lies are catching up with him. It has nothing to do with the network, but it amazes me how fast the Conservative Victimhood has run away once FOX saw the light.
FOX has hardly seen the light. Hannity, that idiot blond and the Nazi Tucker Carlson still blow Trump on a regular basis in prime time. Wallace has some integrity as a journalist so he actually questions the fool when he is blatantly lying. I am shocked Trump did the interview, honestly. He'll fire somebody for setting it up.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:56 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Chris Wallace is an asshole anyway. Being a Republican I can tell you Fox News is turning more liberal everyday. Fox News is not a reliable source, here’s the reliable sources I use Newsmax, The F1rst, America’s Voice and Blaze TV.
Well now we know what ail’s you...

Nobody complained too loudly about Chris Wallace before anyway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:01 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Calling Trump out on his bullshit isn’t being liberal. It’s being factual. If you wanna go down Road that you’re outnumbered by liberals about 70-30.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:23 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:17 pm
FOX has hardly seen the light. Hannity, that idiot blond and the Nazi Tucker Carlson still blow Trump on a regular basis in prime time. Wallace has some integrity as a journalist so he actually questions the fool when he is blatantly lying. I am shocked Trump did the interview, honestly. He'll fire somebody for setting it up.
OMG....that is good.

Dude....find another picture! For crissake.....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:23 pm
R Bedell wrote:
OMG....that is good.

I think this is what you know who became... another one hit wonder.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:23 pm
R Bedell wrote:
OMG....that is good.

I think this is what you know who became... another one hit wonder.
Jesus...Goodfellas was one of my favorite movies. Not sure I can watch it again after this dolts incessant posts.

And he probably has no idea where it's from! He doesn't have the mental capacity to understand anything more than Adam Sandler flicks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 pm

I would hazard a guess that the conservative Trump supporting thinkers....(Matt, audio, Bryce...looking at you) would be embarrassed by dolts like this guy "supporting" your cause. They seem to remain silent. Cringing, I guess...but without any backbone to post as such.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 pm
I would hazard a guess that the conservative Trump supporting thinkers....(Matt, audio, Bryce...looking at you) would be embarrassed by dolts like this guy "supporting" your cause. They seem to remain silent. Cringing, I guess...but without any backbone to post as such.
First, I'm not a Republican. This is not MY cause. I'm much more anti-Biden / anti-leftist than pro-Trump. I left the party about three years ago, denounced it and had a rather heated discussion with Ronna, Laura and Mike. Second, I'm not convinced the poster is genuine.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic