Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The ignorance and arrogance of closing on Thanksgiving

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
ftballfan

Re: The ignorance and arrogance of closing on Thanksgiving

Post by ftballfan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 am

I wonder if Meijer will be closed on Thanksgiving this year. They were open on Easter, but closed early (but Easter was during the worst of the pandemic).

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:48 am

If Shitmer has her way along with all the other liberal Governors across the country, we could very well be in lockdown again during the holidays. So if all the stores are closed it won’t matter.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:08 am

Am I the only person thinking what's the big deal with being closed on a holiday? Or having reduced hours on the weekend? What if I got on here and said I was very upset that my bank was closed on Sundays?

Of course the media will carry on like it's Consumer Armageddon. But I'm thinking most folks will be fine with it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:02 am

Amazon never closes and unless the retailers run loss leaders, Amazon has the same pricing and it's always in stock.

Who is actually complaining? Media, who just lost a significant advertising cycle.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 pm

I guess the OP didn't read any of the articles on this, just the headlines, Wal-Mart will be compensating those who would have worked that day and all employees too.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:23 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:02 am
Amazon never closes and unless the retailers run loss leaders, Amazon has the same pricing and it's always in stock.

Who is actually complaining? Media, who just lost a significant advertising cycle.
Wall street Journal just reported Amazon stealing ideas:
https://androidrookies.com/amazon-alleg ... ding-them/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:58 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:23 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:02 am

Wall street Journal just reported Amazon stealing ideas:
https://androidrookies.com/amazon-alleg ... ding-them/
That has been a peril of business for centuries. Read about Ford's dirty tricks sometime. They once broke into a an engineering conference hosted by General Motors and copied all the hard drives of the attendees while they were having lunch and some golf. The next year, many of the ideas started showing up in Ford products.

I'm a consumer. I watch the chains stomp on small businesses for years and really I'm not heart broken to see big boxes get crushed by Amazon.

If you're having your product made in China you should expect these types of things to happen.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic