Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump continues to suck Putins dick

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Trump continues to suck Putins dick

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:29 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Re: Trump continues to suck Putins dick

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:04 am

Every decision we’ve made in that region has been a gift to Putin. Just a coincidence I’m sure.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:32 am

Soldiers that deploy to Germany understand that they are nothing more than a speed bump to a Soviet invasion and will most assuredly be killed in the opening salvos.

Of course, this isn't 1987 and the Soviet Union no longer exists, so this doctrine is outdated by about thirty years. We are no longer concerned with the red army pouring through the Fulda Gap.

Furthermore, this is a great way to cut cost on our end while prodding Merkel to push for more spending for their own defense.

Uncle Sugar isn't picking up the tab anymore. I don't see a problem here.
Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 am

UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:32 am
Soldiers that deploy to Germany understand that they are nothing more than a speed bump to a Soviet invasion and will most assuredly be killed in the opening salvos.

Of course, this isn't 1987 and the Soviet Union no longer exists, so this doctrine is outdated by about thirty years. We are no longer concerned with the red army pouring through the Fulda Gap.

Furthermore, this is a great way to cut cost on our end while prodding Merkel to push for more spending for their own defense.

Germany isn’t supposed to have much of an army which is part of why they are there. It also holds Putin in check and his grand dream is to reincarnate said Soviet Union. This just helps that little project along.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:57 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 am
UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:32 am

Germany isn’t supposed to have much of an army which is part of why they are there. It also holds Putin in check and his grand dream is to reincarnate said Soviet Union. This just helps that little project along.
Your entire premise is incorrect.

Germany is supposed to field a 250,000 man Army. Right now they have approximately 64,000.

What are we pulling out... 12,000? They can easily reinforce those numbers and then some.

I know the Orange Man is bad, but this is a good move. We aren't the World Police.
Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:02 am

What I find hilarious (if it weren't so sad) is the fact that leftists and neo libs will side with war hawks simply because of their disdain for one man.

The move to bring our people home and/or redeploy forces to other areas should be applauded by all sides of the aisle.
Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:38 am
Germany isn’t supposed to have much of an army which is part of why they are there.
And your Foreign Policy credentials come from ...??? The keyboard....???
:lol :lol :lol
That’s a stipulation from the end of World War 2. It’s not exactly a secret.
UP906 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:02 am
What I find hilarious (if it weren't so sad) is the fact that leftists and neo libs will side with war hawks simply because of their disdain for one man.

The move to bring our people home and/or redeploy forces to other areas should be applauded by all sides of the aisle.
Folks on “The Left” don’t hate the military or are somehow unpatriotic. They are much more careful about deploying force and in this case having troops in Germany is a longstanding action with good reason behind it. Nobody is in an uproar solely because of Trump. It’s not like they spent years calling for their removal and suddenly took the opposite position when Trump did it or something. You are off base with the orange man bad bullshit here.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 am

What is the good reason? What are our people going to do that the Bundeswher can't accomplish? Like I said, our force is well known to be nothing more than a speed bump should red forces decide to mobilize.

Germany is limited to I think 370,000 active military with no more than 340,000 in the Bundeswher and Luftwaffe.

NATO asked them to stand up at least 250,000. Right now they have approximately 64,000.

No more free rides from Uncle Sugar. Stand up your Armies or suffer the consequences.

Good move.
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic