Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

H*** Covid surge in Tulsa

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: H*** Covid surge in Tulsa

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 am
"Reduce the spread of COVID" until when? What is the end game? What if we don't ever develop an effective vaccine? What if we don't ever develop an effective treatment? Then what? Are we just supposed to live in a paralyzed state of fear for the rest of our lives?
The goal at the moment is a vaccine. We’ll get through it. Spanish Flu took 2 years to Be rid of... this is month number 4... you’ll need to pack your patience.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 am
bmw wrote:
"Reduce the spread of COVID" until when? What is the end game? What if we don't ever develop an effective vaccine? What if we don't ever develop an effective treatment? Then what? Are we just supposed to live in a paralyzed state of fear for the rest of our lives?
The goal at the moment is a vaccine. We’ll get through it. Spanish Flu took 2 years to Be rid of... this is month number 4... you’ll need to pack your patience.
No.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:26 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:51 am
bmw wrote:
No.
Well what exactly do you suggest then? Are you going to kill the governor or something so the rule making stops? What exactly do you propose as an alternative to being patient that will actually have a snowballs chance in hell of happening? This looks like a long haul situation and I would expect much relief until 2021 or 22.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 am

RT - you have no more evidence that we'll create an effective vaccine than I have evidence that immunity lasts in most people for 2-3 years.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 am

Just talked to good friends in Tulsa. They've lived there for >20 years. They said for the last three weeks or so, everyone's been "back to normal" and not really doing any kind of isolation. They're not surprised to see a spike in numbers and don't think the majority is due to just one or two isolated events.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Wearing a face mask in public is paralysis, bmw?

If the pessimistic hypotheticals you listed come to pass, the American economy will adapt. Our economy is resilient.

I am not proposing keeping eveything closed. I am merely advocating mask wearing, social distancing, and other common sense precautions.

Yeah, maybe there will be no big crowds at sporting events for a number of years. Who gives a fuck. I'd rather save lives.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic