Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why isn't the left pro-choice on masks?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Why isn't the left pro-choice on masks?

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:59 pm

We also have private healthcare that more is more innovative on the fly because of the diversity. NHS probably issued memos in the UK on precise protocols.

Secondly, Trump was quick on blocking China, like Putin did.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

hanson

Post by hanson » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 am

G G wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:25 pm
G G wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:14 pm

Well, how about having to wear a mask because of a disease where, odds are, you won't even know you get it?

That's exactly why you should wear a mask. You could be spreading the virus and not even know it.

It isn't a left - right issue. It's a common sense, public health issue.
I agree. It shouldn't be left-right issue, but the left has made it one. And if the disease is so benign that I won't know if I have it or not, then I shouldn't be in a position where I get strongarmed into wearing a mask. And if common sense leads you to wear a mask, then do it. If fear leads you to wear a mask, then do it. But I should not be forced against my will to wear one. Its clear government overreach.
You dont know what you are talking about

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:24 am

hanson wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 am
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

Well, how about having to wear a mask because of a disease where, odds are, you won't even know you get it?

That's exactly why you should wear a mask. You could be spreading the virus and not even know it.

I agree. It shouldn't be left-right issue, but the left has made it one. And if the disease is so benign that I won't know if I have it or not, then I shouldn't be in a position where I get strongarmed into wearing a mask. And if common sense leads you to wear a mask, then do it. If fear leads you to wear a mask, then do it. But I should not be forced against my will to wear one. Its clear government overreach.
When did it become terrible government overreach to protect your fellow man? Isn’t this what they did in the good old days?

G G

Post by G G » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:24 am
hanson wrote:
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

When did it become terrible government overreach to protect your fellow man? Isn’t this what they did in the good old days?
The role of the government is not to tell me how to live my life or to legislate for or against wearing a mask in public. I really don't know how to make this any more simple for you. I would suspect that the gay bathhouses and adult bookstores that once lined 8 mile contributed to the spread of AIDS. Where was the governor then? Was s/he standing outside to make sure every man entering had on a prophylactic? There are few of those places now. The only bathhouse local is the one off 75 at McNichols. We have successfully removed these blights from our communities and while they manifest in areas largely without children, it would be best if they were removed completely. I don't see any of you pushing for their closure.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:55 am

G G wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 am
Rate This wrote:
hanson wrote:
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

The role of the government is not to tell me how to live my life or to legislate for or against wearing a mask in public. I really don't know how to make this any more simple for you. I would suspect that the gay bathhouses and adult bookstores that once lined 8 mile contributed to the spread of AIDS. Where was the governor then? Was s/he standing outside to make sure every man entering had on a prophylactic? There are few of those places now. The only bathhouse local is the one off 75 at McNichols. We have successfully removed these blights from our communities and while they manifest in areas largely without children, it would be best if they were removed completely. I don't see any of you pushing for their closure.
They aren’t hurting anybody, especially children. What an idiotic argument.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:55 am
G G wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 am
Rate This wrote:
hanson wrote:
G G wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
G G wrote:

They aren’t hurting anybody, especially children. What an idiotic argument.
I definitely wouldn't want the riff-raff that comes with a bathhouse existing in my community, outside my door. Children don't need to be exposed to that.

What I am saying is that even though it would be healthier and in the interest of the public, the government's role isn't to remove these things. When the government begins getting into people's personal lives to this degree, then they will do it more frequently and eventually at their own discretion. That's why we put our foot down and say "no" to big daddy government, son. I understand its difficult to do this because of conditioning, but thats another reason why we put our foot down. So the people around us who are more apt to be conditioned won't fall prey to it.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 am

Then what about Abortion? Or Gay Marriage or those bath houses. Why must you insist on monitoring my morality if the activity won’t hurt you?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 am
Then what about Abortion? Or Gay Marriage or those bath houses. Why must you insist on monitoring my morality if the activity won’t hurt you?
Conservatives despise Big Government, until Big Government wants to do something they believe in. This makes them no different than liberals.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:41 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:33 am
Conservatives despise Big Government, until Big Government wants to do something they believe in. This makes them no different than liberals.
Precisely what I was thinking Vic.

G G

Post by G G » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Abortion leads to the willful murder of an innocent child. Apples and oranges.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm

G G wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:43 pm
It is your opinion that it is murder and it’s an innocent child. The law as currently constituted says otherwise. Keep your opinion to yourself and get the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V. Wade, in the meantime don’t tell me about it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm
G G wrote:
It is your opinion that it is murder and it’s an innocent child. The law as currently constituted says otherwise. Keep your opinion to yourself and get the Supreme Court to overturn Roe V. Wade, in the meantime don’t tell me about it.
So you are suggesting everyone vote for Trump? :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:54 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:44 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm
G G wrote:
So you are suggesting everyone vote for Trump? :blink
Well if that was the goal I think That would be the correct course of action... the trouble is getting an on paper “conservative” to stick to it when it really counts for you...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm

John Roberts WAS a conservative. Now he's a hero.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm
John Roberts WAS a conservative. Now he's a hero.
Precisely my point...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic