Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Erhics of Mary Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Erhics of Mary Trump

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm

I have not read her book but have read the public excerpts, which give me pause.

Leaving aside the truth or lack therof in what she wrote, I have great issues with the ethics of what I have seen.

Mary Trump is a clinical psychologist and has framed her writing as a psychological report on Donald Trump. Is it ethical for a doctor to diagnose a patient that the doctor did not personally examine?

If she based her findings on what she saw of her uncle outside of any formal medical setting, she has, in fact, examined a patient without his consent. Is that ethical?

If she wrote this book without mentioning her medical qualifications and without "diagnosing" her uncle, would that be different?

Discuss.

Rate This

Re: Erhics of Mary Trump

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 pm
I have not read her book but have read the public excerpts, which give me pause.

Leaving aside the truth or lack therof in what she wrote, I have great issues with the ethics of what I have seen.

Mary Trump is a clinical psychologist and has framed her writing as a psychological report on Donald Trump. Is it ethical for a doctor to diagnose a patient that the doctor did not personally examine?

If she based her findings on what she saw of her uncle outside of any formal medical setting, she has, in fact, examined a patient without his consent. Is that ethical?

If she wrote this book without mentioning her medical qualifications and without "diagnosing" her uncle, would that be different?

Discuss.
Generally no it isn’t.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Family dynamics can be weird. Regardless of what side you're on, the whole thing seems slimy.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm
Family dynamics can be weird. Regardless of what side you're on, the whole thing seems slimy.
That's right where Trump can usually be found.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm not sure you can say she's not close to him. Possibly close enough to give a qualified opinion on his mental state.
The media has been leading folks to believe she has been the outsider, the black sheep of the family for awhile. Yet I'm seeing things that indicate she's actually been at the White House frequently since Donald took office. Her at Christmas parties. Her sitting at THE desk.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 pm

"The ends justify the means".

Anything that will help get this disastrous, imbecilic, traitor and disgrace to the office out of the White House is fine by me.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:50 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Anything that will help get this disastrous, imbecilic, traitor and disgrace to the office out of the White House is fine by me.
Good thing Trump is our first orange President instead of our first black one.

If not, you'd be branded a racist fuck for saying something like that. No debate, no discussion, you'd just be a racist fuck.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:50 pm
Honeyman wrote:

If not, you'd be branded a racist fuck for saying something like that. No debate, no discussion, you'd just be a racist fuck.
Why? His ineptitude, lack of compassion for the common American and his utter disgrace as a " leader of the free world" is what upsets me. If Obama was as incompetent and was killing as many Americans daily as this traitor, I would say so.

Just because you dont see what a disaster he is, dont play the race card with me.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:56 pm

Why? His ineptitude, lack of compassion for the common American and his utter disgrace as a " leader of the free world"
I said pretty much the same thing regarding Obama and was branded as such. No discussion, no debate.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

You get offending when evil people are called out? And exaggerating circumstances to make it seem unreasonable is no longer working for this topic. Just ask Nascar, NFL, almost every consumer brand and retailer and all Government but a few cracker villages in Mississippi. They have rejected the whole "You're robbing me of my free speech" BS

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

You get offending when evil people are called out? . Just ask Nascar, NFL, almost every consumer brand and retailer and all Government but a few cracker villages in Mississippi. They have rejected the whole "You're robbing me of my free speech" BS
They haven't rejected it, they have bent over and taken it in the ass. The NFL and NASCAR and a host of consumer brands are acting no differently than the shop keepers of years ago that paid money to local hoods to keep their businesses "safe".

Think I'm going to start a new group. SOG. Stand Our Ground. I'm sure I can find a few business owners like me who aren't a bunch of slack jawed pussies willing to be strong armed by the mob.

And, just so you know I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, I posted my The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe missive to my facebook page which is followed by MANY clients.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 24&t=50890

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

And Vic, to your question, she, IMHO, should be brought up before the board.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Great for you! You're angry because a cop, who senseless killed a person is being prosecuted. Any thoughts about the hundreds of African Americans being killed each year? Because the last time I checked, being prosecuted in a court of law offers more options than being buried in the ground.

Did you know that there are former cops training police how to callously kill people more efficiently? My tax dollars will soon not be paying for that type of civil servant. My advocacy is for dismantling those organizations.

― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:56 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm
Any thoughts about the hundreds of African Americans being killed each year?
Yeah, I'm extremely pissed about it and can't understand why people who claim to care about black lives aren't taking their ass to Chicago and doing something about it.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Way too many black people there Bryce.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic