Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dixie Chicks drop the "dixie"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Dixie Chicks drop the "dixie"

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm
Bravo 👏 Well stated.
Thanks...more like "well copied and pasted". Reread that book for the 4th or 5th time during this mess and it had more of an impact than ever.

The censorship king from out of state.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 pm

I truly do believe the entire world is in for a change. It started just 3 short months ago. Is it biblical? Very much so my friend.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 pm
I truly do believe the entire world is in for a change. It started just 3 short months ago. Is it biblical? Very much so my friend.
Ya' think so, 615? I just don't know. Personally, I am not that religious of a guy, but would never discount the bible and the beliefs of so many. I applaud your faith...honestly wished I had more. Can you cite something in the book that forecasted this?

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:05 am

In Florida we always shop at a super market called Winn Dixie. Might have to start boycotting them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:58 pm

There was a Black English teacher in a predominantly White High School in a large Urban City in Michigan in the 1960s. He was also a Broadcaster who had worked the South before and returned to the South for a new higher paying Broadcasting position. He loved the South, he just hated institutionalized racism and people like Bull Connor. He wasn't even offended when radio stations in the South signed off with the song "Dixie".

BTW, BULL CONNOR WAS A DEMOCRAT, despite the lies promulgated by the Left Wing Media.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ocrat.html

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:11 pm

Loreall just announced that it will be dropping the word "whitening" from all beauty products.

If toothpaste companies do the same, we're all going to look like a bunch of tweakers.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:11 pm
Loreall just announced that it will be dropping the word "whitening" from all beauty products.

If toothpaste companies do the same, we're all going to look like a bunch of tweakers.
I have my doubts on toothpaste but we shall see...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Woodrow Wilson’s name is coming off Princeton’s school of public policy due to his racist views. I suspect some of these names may go back on some things with asterisks and plaques eventually once this is seen as a little too overboard by some subsequent generation. Everything moves in cycles. Someone will eventually find this a little crazy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 pm
Someone should look up what it means to become a Master in your profession.
In my profession, older computers have hard drive cables with a "master" drive and a "slave" drive. Now if THAT isn't racist. Sexist too - since I have male plugs (plugs that plug into other plugs) and female plugs (plugs that get plugged into by other plugs).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:00 pm
Bryce wrote:
In my profession, older computers have hard drive cables with a "master" drive and a "slave" drive. Now if THAT isn't racist. Sexist too - since I have male plugs (plugs that plug into other plugs) and female plugs (plugs that get plugged into by other plugs).
Time to shut you down. Turn your place into a bus station.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 pm
bmw wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Time to shut you down. Turn your place into a bus station.
Sounds like he should put in a few glory holes too!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Bryce wrote:
No soup for you.

If you ever noticed, there are a lot of peep holes in public bathrooms. Then they wonder why a lot of people "publicly" urinate in the back of the building. That and COVID-19.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Thought just occurred to me. If we ban everything with the word master in it, SG, LL and Wob Parker's sex life will be put on hold indefinitely.

Oops, my bad. That's mastur. Flail away gentlemen.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Back when John Kerry ran for President, people told me that he was a "master debater" I told them that was very likely, since 98% of men do, and 2% lie.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:40 pm

I would like to see The Chicks do the remake of Canadian singer Amy Sky 1998 song "Love, Pain And The Whole Damn Thing" (from Amy's "Burnt By The Sun") (audio only) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zRgDJT72c Amy Sky is married to singer songwriter Marc Jordan who wrote Rod Stewart "Rhythm Of My Heart" (from 1991 "Vagabond Heart") Marc also did "Marina Del Rey" from 1978 & the song "Survival" from 1979 which was played back then on AM 630 CFCO in Chatham, Ontario when it was a "Classic Gold" station.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic