Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump cuts testing funding

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump cuts testing funding

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 pm

Trump is killing Americans as a desperate attempt to get relelected. Trump voters, are you this ignorant?
Rocky Vaz, Dallas’ director of emergency management, told Talking Points Memo that the White House “told us very clearly that they are not going to extend it,” but that cases are on the rise in Dallas and that they “want to continue with the testing.” A health official in the Philadelphia suburbs called their site "very successful” in April, adding that it provides supplies that the county would not be able to acquire on its own.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... =Gordie%2F

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Trump cuts testing funding

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 pm
Trump is killing Americans as a desperate attempt to get relelected. Trump voters, are you this ignorant?
Rocky Vaz, Dallas’ director of emergency management, told Talking Points Memo that the White House “told us very clearly that they are not going to extend it,” but that cases are on the rise in Dallas and that they “want to continue with the testing.” A health official in the Philadelphia suburbs called their site "very successful” in April, adding that it provides supplies that the county would not be able to acquire on its own.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... =Gordie%2F
I hope the Lincoln project makes an ad or 6 slicing and dicing him for this. They are quite good at it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 pm

"The Lincoln Project" is "Never Trump" repackaged. What did its opposition do last time?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 pm
"The Lincoln Project" is "Never Trump" repackaged. What did its opposition do last time?
Sit on their hands. This time they are out their getting under his skin.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Matt wrote:
Do you want to answer the question posed or just deflect?
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Matt wrote:
What question? A barely sourced question? How much responsibility does the federal government have to fund testing?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Matt wrote:
What question? A barely sourced question? How much responsibility does the federal government have to fund testing?
Do you think Donald Trump is more concerned with safeguarding and protecting the American people or getting re-elected for a second term?
The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Do you think Donald Trump is more concerned with safeguarding and protecting the American people or getting re-elected for a second term?
You have a very good point. He can't be all that concerned with safeguarding the American people. If he were he would have sent Cumo and Whitmere off to Federal Prison for sending Covid-19 positive people to nursing homes where the most vulnerable citizens live.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

You have a very good point. He can't be all that concerned with safeguarding the American people. If he were he would have sent Cumo and Whitmere off to Federal Prison for sending Covid-19 positive people to nursing homes where the most vulnerable citizens live.
Mistakes were made... That said.. Trump literally told his people to reduce testing because we "were testing to much" which is English for.. "The numbers are hurting me! If we don't test we won't have numbers and I can win!"...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Mistakes were made... That said..
Mistakes were made. Few in any are calling for repercussions for those mistakes. Mistakes that caused innocent impressive people to die. Yet, there hasn't been an arrest or "mostly peaceful" protests in the streets over those mistakes. I guess Governor's are held to a lower standard than police officers.

Your premise is a false one...
The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would no longer directly fund 13 of its original coronavirus testing sites in five states, saying states were allocated money for testing by the federal government last month.

The official added that he had spoken to leaders of the five states, noting they had agreed “it was the appropriate time to transition” to other options. He said the states could use the more than US$10 billion allocated last month to support testing to keep the sites open if they chose to.
The federal government fully funds a newer testing programme with 600 sites in pharmacies and other health care settings and also pays the test costs of a third programme run with CVS Health Corp at 1,000 locations, he said.
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... ive-states
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 am
Rate This wrote:

Mistakes were made. Few in any are calling for repercussions for those mistakes. Mistakes that caused innocent impressive people to die. Yet, there hasn't been an arrest or "mostly peaceful" protests in the streets over those mistakes. I guess Governor's are held to a lower standard than police officers.

The Trump administration said on Wednesday that it would no longer directly fund 13 of its original coronavirus testing sites in five states, saying states were allocated money for testing by the federal government last month.

The official added that he had spoken to leaders of the five states, noting they had agreed “it was the appropriate time to transition” to other options. He said the states could use the more than US$10 billion allocated last month to support testing to keep the sites open if they chose to.
The federal government fully funds a newer testing programme with 600 sites in pharmacies and other health care settings and also pays the test costs of a third programme run with CVS Health Corp at 1,000 locations, he said.
When I say literally I mean he literally admitted he asked to have testing reduced.. like said exactly that.. that’s a little alarming.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

When I say literally I mean he literally admitted he asked to have testing reduced.. like said exactly that.. that’s a little alarming.
You STILL haven't learned not to take Trump literally?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:41 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:38 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 am
Bryce wrote:
Rate This wrote:

You STILL haven't learned not to take Trump literally?
If this was a reality show I might do that... but this job is too big for somebody who just kinda says things that don’t mean anything. People don’t want to sit there and guess what the guy meant.. he’s not smart enough to know that’s the fastest way to delegitimize yourself?

Even then... why say it at all? There’s more truth in what he said than you let on and I think you know that. He screwed up.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 am

Is that like "if you like your doctor, you can keep them"?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:52 am
Is that like "if you like your doctor, you can keep them"?
An ill worded statement.. at least I can admit my guy made a mistake.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic