Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Surprised It Took This Long

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Surprised It Took This Long

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm

I spent a week of my honeymoon on Capitol Hill in a Bed and Breakfast. It's a really cool place but a bit gritty. I was there during the peak of grunge.

I was on the hill last fall for lunch with some friends, the restaurants have gotten more farm to table, but the vibe hasn't changed.

To me CHOP fits right in.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm
It's a really cool place but a bit gritty.
Damn you. You managed to say in nine words what it took me three paragraphs to attempt. :wink:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 pm

I thank you both for describing the area for the rest of us. At least for me, your descriptions give perspective to what we're seeing on TV.

In my view - the people who live in the CHOP zone should be given the opportunity to vote on secession from the city of Seattle.

If the people who live there want to form their own city from the ground up, they should be provided that opportunity. Then, let the chips fall where they may.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 pm
I thank you both for describing the area for the rest of us. At least for me, your descriptions give perspective to what we're seeing on TV.

In my view - the people who live in the CHOP zone should be given the opportunity to vote on secession from the city of Seattle.

If the people who live there want to form their own city from the ground up, they should be provided that opportunity. Then, let the chips fall where they may.
Wait a minute! Before that can even be considered, someone that owns a home or business in that area, that doesn't want to be part of this nonsense, needs to be compensated.

Doesn't look like the people unlawfully occupying this area has a thousand dollars between them.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 pm

Kind of like Native Americans?

The blocks they occupy are mostly commercial based on what my friends are saying. Most people in Seattle are comfortable with this form of protest.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 pm
Kind of like Native Americans?

The blocks they occupy are mostly commercial based on what my friends are saying. Most people in Seattle are comfortable with this form of protest.
It’s also not the first time they’ve had a semi autonomous zone there.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:42 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 pm
Did anyone ask the owners of those "commercial based" properties how comfortable they are?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:42 pm
285 unarmed people killed in one year and no police in prison?
It was 285 in 4.5 years. I made that very clear so get your fucking reading comprehension skills up to a third grade level or just shut the fuck up.

And I imagine some police were convicted. The information I read didn't cover that.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 am

And then there were two...
Another shooting reported at Seattle’s CHOP, 1 in serious condition
https://www.foxnews.com/us/another-shoo ... -condition

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:08 am

craig11152 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:55 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:42 pm
285 unarmed people killed in one year and no police in prison?
It was 285 in 4.5 years. I made that very clear so get your fucking reading comprehension skills up to a third grade level or just shut the fuck up.

And I imagine some police were convicted. The information I read didn't cover that.
I’m sure some were charged and convicted... it’s not like that’s a revolutionary concept... TCT’s reading comprehension is abysmal just as his ability to cite anything is. And this is a guy who preaches about college. Do it his way and you wouldn’t last 5 seconds.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:32 pm
I spent a week of my honeymoon on Capitol Hill in a Bed and Breakfast. It's a really cool place but a bit gritty. I was there during the peak of grunge.
Seems that it's a little bit more gritty now, at least according to the undercover reporter that spent five nights there...
Those unfortunate enough to have homes or businesses within CHAZ — an estimated 30,000 residents — have no say over their new overlords. Residents have discreetly voiced their concerns to local media. Gunshots and “screams of terror” at night have been reported. A resident of an apartment building came out twice to ask protesters to leave the alley where the entrance is. They brushed him off.

Every business and property inside CHAZ has been vandalized with graffiti. Most messages say some variation of “Black Lives Matter” or “George Floyd,” but other messages call for the murder of police. Most businesses are boarded up. “ACAB” — all cops are bastards, an Antifa slogan — is written over them.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/my-terrif ... mous-zone/

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm

To add to my numbers game that 285 unarmed deaths is about 57 a year.
I've read statistics that cops make 10 million arrests per year. Now I'm guessing from my cop family they only arrest less than 1 in 20 people they interact with. Maybe way less I don't know. In general cops don't like arresting people because it creates a bunch of paperwork and potential complaints. So if they only arrest 1 in 20 contacts and they arrest 10 million that's upwards of 200,000,000 police contacts with citizens per year. And they kill 57 unarmed people. I think your odds of getting hit by lightning are better.

I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 pm

yep.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Can you put race to those stats?

There are very few people who are related to police who acknowledge problems.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:26 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 pm
Can you put race to those stats?

There are very few people who are related to police who acknowledge problems.
57 in 200,000,000... race becomes irrelevant at some point guy... 0.00000028% is a rounding error in the circumference of the head of a pin...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic