Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump's Klan Rallies of 2020

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump's Klan Rallies of 2020

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:29 pm

I won't bother with the dog whistle quotes, but it was a racially charged speech. It sounds like he's not as popular as he thinks he is.
Trump's Tulsa rally draws low turnout amid tense political backdrop, anti-racism protests and the coronavirus
Crowds of Trump supporters gathered inside Tulsa's 19,000-seat Bank of Oklahoma Center, many of whom were not wearing masks, but many seats remained empty.
"Testing is a double-edged sword," Trump told the crowd. "Here's the bad part: when you do testing to that extent, you will find more cases."

Trump said he has tried to tell his officials to slow down testing, even as states such as Texas, Nevada, and Florida have seen recent upticks in cases.

Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

BME

Re: Trump's First Klan Rally of 2020

Post by BME » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Sinking ship ...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:00 am

Long-time "Simpsons" writer and producer Mike Scully tweeted:

"Trump campaign just changed slogan from Make America Great Again to Good Seats Still Available"

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am

That's because most people watched it on TV or online. The TV ratings will be interesting to see; I suspect they're through the roof.

Youtube views alone from various sources that streamed the event:
83k Guardian News
145k Local ABC station
1490k Yahoo
1434k Fox News
89k USA Today
1766k Bloomberg
24k Local NBC station
34k Global News
196k PBS
460k Fox Business
478k NBC News
261k Now This News
=======================
6.46 Million Total

That's JUST Youtube, and JUST live streams that were archived and not deleted immediately afterwards. I would venture a bet that when the TV ratings are posted for this that somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 million people watched.

Say what you want about low in-person turnout; say what you want about the content of his speech; what you CAN'T accurately say is that people didn't watch. Nobody being intellectually honest could possibly argue that this is anything but bad for Joe Biden.

And on a side-note, calling Trump a racist and his supporters Klansmen isn't going to work in 2020. The left STILL has learned nothing from the 2016 results. Which is fine by me. Your rhetoric isn't going to play well in the Rust Belt, and just like in 2016, when push comes to shove, blue-collar workers are going to pull the lever for Trump, giving him narrow victories in most of the swing states. Trump IS correct what he said about Biden - that Biden isn't in control of his party, that he's just a puppet to the radical left. I think Trump is going to hammer that narrative moving forward, and I think it will be an effective strategy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:28 am

Thanks for that insight. I think four years of his "leadership" has been very helpful for people in the middle to find their way. I refer you to the Polling thread and some of the results of the dyed in the wool red state results.

At this point, what else was yesterday but a racism fueled virusfest.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:10 am

UPDATE: K-Pop stole the show!

Those 6 million "viewers"? Those were the millions of KPop fans laughing at Trump's empty arena. They're going after his Tweets next.

The over flow area? Taken down to avoid embarrassment.

Let's hope all his Klan rallies go this way. Power to the global K-Pop army.
TikTok users and fans of Korean pop music groups claimed to have registered potentially hundreds of thousands of tickets for Mr. Trump’s campaign rally as a prank. After the Trump campaign’s official account @TeamTrump posted a tweet asking supporters to register for free tickets using their phones on June 11, K-pop fan accounts began sharing the information with followers, encouraging them to register for the rally — and then not show.

The trend quickly spread on TikTok, where videos with millions of views instructed viewers to do the same, as CNN reported on Tuesday. “Oh no, I signed up for a Trump rally, and I can’t go,” one woman joked, along with a fake cough, in a TikTok posted on June 15.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/styl ... tulsa.html

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:56 am

That's some funny stuff! :lol:
Say what you want about low in-person turnout; say what you want about the content of his speech;
Here's what I'll say about the content of his speech - it shows our President is completely self absorbed.

The more he speaks like this, the less compelled I feel to give him my vote.

His mouthpieces are even bigger tools than he is! One of these professional liars alleged protesters were blocking access to the turnstiles to enter the arena. Don't ya think that footage would be ALL OVER Fox News if it were true?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:28 am

In all honesty Metalhead, no. Fox is undergoing some sort of change. I would expect to see it on OANN, but I wouldn't be able to see it there as it isn't offered in my area, not that I would watch it anyway. I gave up on TV news a long time ago.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am

Yes, I've seen recent polling data. But I'm telling you, the radical left is sabotaging Joe Biden's candidacy. When it comes right down to it, moderates who dislike Trump are going to hold their nose and vote for him because the alternative - an old man experiencing mental decline who will be played by far left like a fiddle - is even less appealing. I think the majority of Americans POLITICALLY side closer to Trump than they do to the far left, and it will become even more clear over the coming months that a vote for Joe Biden is a vote for a puppet run by that very group.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:43 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:44 am
Yes, I've seen recent polling data. But I'm telling you, the radical left is sabotaging Joe Biden's candidacy. When it comes right down to it, moderates who dislike Trump are going to hold their nose and vote for him because the alternative - an old man experiencing mental decline who will be played by far left like a fiddle - is even less appealing. I think the majority of Americans POLITICALLY side closer to Trump than they do to the far left, and it will become even more clear over the coming months that a vote for Joe Biden is a vote for a puppet run by that very group.
As it currently stands your picture is next to the definition of delusional in the dictionary. Nothing besides desperation indicates anything that you say. Saying this stuff about Trump is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. He’s a long shot at best.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:49 am

I would suggest that Biden is an even weaker candidate than Hillary, and with Trump, you know what you're getting, just like people who voted for him in 2016.

btw - I seem to recall you saying the very same thing in 2016. How did that one turn out?

As I said, I'm not AS confident this time around about Trump winning, but I still give him a 55-45 edge.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:50 am

I think Biden's choice of VP could make a difference.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:55 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:49 am
I would suggest that Biden is an even weaker candidate than Hillary, and with Trump, you know what you're getting, just like people who voted for him in 2016.

btw - I seem to recall you saying the very same thing in 2016. How did that one turn out?

As I said, I'm not AS confident this time around about Trump winning, but I still give him a 55-45 edge.
At this point Biden is running ahead of where Hillary was.. there’s is no quantifiable way to say otherwise...

Trump supporters in general seem blinded to outside realties. His 2016 win was by a cunt hair quite frankly. It’s unlikely he will lose fewer than 11,000 here, 40,000 in Pennsylvania and about 27,000 in Wisconsin. That’s his margin of error for the presidency. Unless he can pull off a miracle he’s toast.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am

Kamala Harris is the overwhelming favorite right now for VP....and politically, I think that would be a TERRIBLE pick for Biden. What does she bring to the ticket? She's a west coast liberal, and her brand of politics doesn't play well in the midwest. If Biden goes with Harris, I could see a 4 or 5 million popular vote win for Biden while still losing the electoral college.

Biden really boxed himself in when he declared that he will pick a woman and is also strongly hinting that it will be a black woman. Already he's eliminated 94% of the population from contention, choosing identity politics over qualification.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:57 am
Kamala Harris is the overwhelming favorite right now for VP....and politically, I think that would be a TERRIBLE pick for Biden. What does she bring to the ticket? She's a west coast liberal, and her brand of politics doesn't play well in the midwest. If Biden goes with Harris, I could see a 4 or 5 million popular vote win for Biden while still losing the electoral college.

Biden really boxed himself in when he declared that he will pick a woman and is also strongly hinting that it will be a black woman. Already he's eliminated 94% of the population from contention, choosing identity politics over qualification.
Interestingly while it’s just one guy I was reading an article that had a white union guy in Ohio who was always a Democrat saying she was the only one who would bring him over to Biden after he switched to Trump last time. She may not be as bad of a pick as you think.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic