Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:45 pm

The thing is that corporate America is listening, and they own the politicians. Your opinion ( old Conservative White men) is exactly not what anyone is interested in hear at this juncture.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:44 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

As for not understanding that the universe changes and evolves.. it’s above your pay grade. Sounds like a personal problem.
So what's the cut off date in which people are no longer responsible for their past actions? 5 years? 10? 25? 30, 50?

The universe does evolve and change, but the lefty whack jobs seem to be pretty selective on who they do and don't forgive for past transgressions.

Are actions from 100 years ago supposed to be held to standards in today's "changed universe?"

Have BJ Bill and Befuddled Biden been held to account for policy responsible for locking up more black men than were ever locked up at any other time in our country's history?
Today’s Democrats largely weren’t around before about 1940... so how can you possibly rant about the civil war or really much before 1960? And after that the party started to shift dramatically as did the Republican Party. I think you’re just desperate to pin the tail on the donkey so to speak. That’s quite sad.
For the same reason people want to tear down statues, rename things and generally besmirch people like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and others of that ilk.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:09 pm
Rate This wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

As for not understanding that the universe changes and evolves.. it’s above your pay grade. Sounds like a personal problem.
So what's the cut off date in which people are no longer responsible for their past actions? 5 years? 10? 25? 30, 50?

The universe does evolve and change, but the lefty whack jobs seem to be pretty selective on who they do and don't forgive for past transgressions.

Are actions from 100 years ago supposed to be held to standards in today's "changed universe?"

Have BJ Bill and Befuddled Biden been held to account for policy responsible for locking up more black men than were ever locked up at any other time in our country's history?
Today’s Democrats largely weren’t around before about 1940... so how can you possibly rant about the civil war or really much before 1960? And after that the party started to shift dramatically as did the Republican Party. I think you’re just desperate to pin the tail on the donkey so to speak. That’s quite sad.
For the same reason people want to tear down statues, rename things and generally besmirch people like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and others of that ilk.
Don’t be them.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Face it - hangers on. The old way is over. And those who struggle to defend it will die out. This is a movement for long over due justice. The killing of George Floyd on video for all the world to judge - is the final straw. It’s been judged by the majority a hideous murder - and only true racists would defend those actions pictured.

Museums are the new homes of confederate flags and other hero worship items and symbols and sculptures of USA traitors who once made up the pro-slavery confederacy. Good riddance to all that evil. Time for the losers to shut up and be embarrassed.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:38 am

screen glare wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:01 pm
The killing of George Floyd on video for all the world to judge - is the final straw. It’s been judged by the majority a hideous murder - and only true racists would defend those actions pictured.
I know comprehension isn't your strong suit, but if you go slow, re-read the thread, you'll find that this post isn't about George Floyd or his unjustifiable death.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:08 am

I'm really starting to lose my patience with people who, AS A RESULT OF THEIR OWN UNFOUNDED PREJUDICES, are applying the George Floyd murder to all white cops around this country. To make that kind of judgment about an entire group based on the actions of one person is, by definition, prejudice.

And NOBODY that I'm aware of defended the actions of the officer in that case. Nobody.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:08 am
I'm really starting to lose my patience with people who, AS A RESULT OF THEIR OWN UNFOUNDED PREJUDICES, are applying the George Floyd murder to all white cops around this country. To make that kind of judgment about an entire group based on the actions of one person is, by definition, prejudice.

And NOBODY that I'm aware of defended the actions of the officer in that case. Nobody.
Nobody that I’m aware of either.

There is video of a woman confronting one of the other cops who is out on $750,000 bond and demanding to know how he thinks it’s ok to go to the store and how he isn’t allowed to do that and he’ll be getting his soon and demanding to know where he got his money to post bail.. it was disturbing. Clearly some of the people who are getting worked up into a lather have some mental issues... that kind of thing isn’t normal behavior.

I’m starting to wonder if the country would be better off in 5-7 smaller pieces... it’s becoming unworkable as it currently is.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wait a minute. How can I rant about much before 1960? Scores of loony toons are running around toppling statues, demanding the removal of historical figures, stripping the names of Founding Fathers from institutions and I'm the one "ranting" about things that took place before 1960?

I'm just trying to put correct historical perspective on this nonsense and point out who the disdain should be directed at.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:08 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wait a minute. How can I rant about much before 1960? Scores of loony toons are running around toppling statues, demanding the removal of historical figures, stripping the names of Founding Fathers from institutions and I'm the one "ranting" about things that took place before 1960?

I'm just trying to put correct historical perspective on this nonsense and point out who the disdain should be directed at.
Your historical perspective is badly distorted and your pointing out disdain that would be appropriately directed had their not been a lot of changes in the meantime. So for example Lincoln would be a Democrat today. Somebody like Andrew Jackson would almost certainly be a Republican. Notice that the statues being torn down are figures from both parties... I could go on all day about how simple you are making a pretty complex problem and royally screwing up the resulting analysis which you are essentially using to justify the knee jerk reaction “Democrats Bad!”...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm

Your historical perspective is badly distorted and your pointing out disdain that would be appropriately directed had their not been a lot of changes in the meantime. So for example Lincoln would be a Democrat today. Somebody like Andrew Jackson would almost certainly be a Republican.
Purely conjecture on your part. You can offer no proof to confirm the above. No more that I can provide proof that John F. Kennedy would be a Republican if he were alive today.
Rate This wrote:
Notice that the statues being torn down are figures from both parties...
And why? To erase bad memories? To erase history? To make sure no one is offended?

And yes, what has become of the Democrat Party is bad. Very bad. That's why it's good to look at a historical perspective.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 pm
Rate This wrote:

Your historical perspective is badly distorted and your pointing out disdain that would be appropriately directed had their not been a lot of changes in the meantime. So for example Lincoln would be a Democrat today. Somebody like Andrew Jackson would almost certainly be a Republican.
Purely conjecture on your part. You can offer no proof to confirm the above. No more that I can provide proof that John F. Kennedy would be a Republican if he were alive today.
Rate This wrote:
Notice that the statues being torn down are figures from both parties...
And why? To erase bad memories? To erase history? To make sure no one is offended?

And yes, what has become of the Democrat Party is bad. Very bad. That's why it's good to look at a historical perspective.
The Republicans are far worse. Machiavelli would be proud.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:17 am

Apparently tasers ARE deadly weapons.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man ... n-72050343
EL PASO, Texas -- A naked man who was chasing a female driver in an El Paso intersection has died after university police used a stun gun on him, officials said.

The driver called police at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday to report a nude man who was running after her car, University of Texas at El Paso officials said.

UTEP police officers arrived and used a stun gun on the man because he was combative, officials told the El Paso Times. Officers then called for medical help because the man was unresponsive.

Officials said the man, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at University Medical Center of El Paso. The cause of death is not yet known.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 05, 2021 5:14 pm

A bit of an update on Mr. Rolfe:
The city of Atlanta must reinstate a police officer charged in the fatal shooting of a Black man outside a Wendy's restaurant in June, an oversight board said on Wednesday, ruling that he was wrongly terminated.

The Atlanta Civil Service Board ruled that the city failed to follow its own procedures by dismissing Garrett Rolfe from the police department without a hearing after the killing of Rayshard Brooks, 27.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/atlan ... d/1020275/

He does, however, remain charged with felony murder and aggravated assault, which is a travesty IMO that these charges haven't been dropped.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed May 05, 2021 6:07 pm

What if a White cop murdered a White man? Would that even make the front page?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic