Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: The Railroading Of Garrett Rolfe

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Here's this guy's rap sheet. But he's a victim of the system, you know. And a model citizen.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:09 pm

I have only one thing to say to people who think this officer should have been charged with murder over this incident.

FUCK YOU! You don't deserve to breathe the same air officer Rolfe and I do!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm

BMW, you do realize that African Americans are targeted for their behavior multiple times more frequently than young white men. Did you happen to find a video of him talking about his three children? He was a dad and loved his kids but that doesn't seem to be important to you . You guys seem to be missing the point and fortunately the world is going to change without you or your dumbass opinions. You are the problem these days.

As for this cop who is on his way to prison, he should be thankful he has breath to breathe because the last guy he encountered as a police officer is now dead. Maybe when word gets back on how police are treated in prison, his Warrior buddies may start taking the descalation training more seriously.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm
BMW, you do realize that African Americans are targeted for their behavior multiple times more frequently than young white men.
Bullshit. If a white man BEHAVED this exact way, in this same situation, he would have been shot too.

I can give you several examples from they FBI database. The only difference is it didn't make the left wing cable news cycle.

The issues here isn't skin color, it's BEHAVIOR.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Several examples amongst thousands of examples of African-Americans. I don't think that data is going to help support your case that racism isn't rampid in urban and Suburban police departments.

I bet there was a better way to handle a drunk driving situation than the way this ignorant cop handled it. And for the record, I don't believe every cop is bad I just think bad cops need to be replaced with people who can managed to solve problems without killing.

It's guys like Garrett here who make it hard for honest peace officers.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Thousands? There were 10 unarmed black men shot by police officers in ALL of 2019. Each one of them was ruled justified because they were behaving in a way that put either civilians or other officers at risk.

Thousands? More leftist bullahit.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Wrong by a mile...
Protests spread over police shootings. Police promised reforms. Every year, they still shoot and kill nearly 1,000 people.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Here's every incident...
https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/
People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2017-2020
Published by Statista Research Department, Jun 5, 2020
Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 429 civilians having been shot, 88 of whom were Black, as of June 4, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 30 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm
Thousands? There were 10 unarmed black men shot by police officers in ALL of 2019. Each one of them was ruled justified because they were behaving in a way that put either civilians or other officers at risk.

Thousands? More leftist bullahit.
How risky is an unarmed man against a guy with a taser, a gun and if need be a vehicle formerly in combat in the Middle East?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 pm

I said "unarmed". There were 10 black people and 29 white people.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Surely even you wouldn't fault an officer for shooting someone pointing a gun at them

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:11 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:04 pm
Surely even you wouldn't fault an officer for shooting someone pointing a gun at them
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he has a nuanced answer to this one.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm
He was a dad and loved his kids but that doesn't seem to be important to you.
He loved his kids. So much that he abused them. The abuse part doesn't seem to be important to you. All you care about is that he's black, and because in your mind he's statistically target, hence, he must be a target and therefore he's a victim rather than a perpetrator.

Quite frankly I don't give a sh!t what his skin color is, HE ABUSED HIS CHILD. PERIOD. Your "he loved his kids and was just a target of the system" line of BS is laughable in this particular situation.

A big part of why racial tensions won't improve anytime soon is because of apologists like you.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
That’s precisely why I think they grossly overcharged and most of it won’t stand up at trial.

More broadly speaking a truly unarmed person is at a significant disadvantage against the police up to and including military surplus armored vehicles.

What TC is arguing is 95% bullshit. This guy appears to have had some serious history to him. This is just another step in a sad life. I’m kinda wondering about the other officers ability to taser the guy... Could that have been an option?

There needs to be a deescalation on all sides of the equation. I would hold up Camden, NJ as an example of a greatly reduced amount of use of force issues. Not perfect but vastly better.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:21 pm
Bryce wrote:
That’s precisely why I think they grossly overcharged and most of it won’t stand up at trial.
Which was the whole point of starting my rant.

Bullshit charges by a bullshit DA because if BLM hysteria.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic