Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pancakes Matter

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15335

Re: Pancakes Matter

Post by Deleted User 15335 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 pm

buoycot ant gemima

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:10 pm

patriot wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 pm
buoycot ant gemima
There you go with the nautical terms again... you can wear you buoy with your mast.. if you get a Matching set they will even give you a discount.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm

Doesn't make any sense - those are good products. The left has gone mad.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Rather than quote a few different post in this thread, let me do a Cliff Notes version:
Should Irish in America seek to have references to Ireland removed on products in America? Irish Spring, Irish beer, whatever.
Does it not represent the oppression and religious persecutions that drove their ancestors to leave the Emerald Isle?

Do references to anything German offend those whos ancestors lost their lives while that country was run by Nazi's?

I suppose I could go on and on.
At first it sound ludicrous. But what's different than the reasons being given for changing the names of products discussed in this thread?

And unlike other ethnic groups, the Eskimos don't care if you name something after them. Ask an Eskimo, not the media.
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:34 pm

Anybody want to take a guess as to how long the NFL team in Washington is known as the Redskins?

I put the over/under at 6 months.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:25 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Said a white guy in a town with no black people.
:rollin :rollin :rollin
Traverse City...
Known worldwide as a city rich with racial diversity!
We absolutely are not diverse, but we we are very concerned about respecting everyone.
That's pretty damn easy living in Traverse City. How many times in the last month have you had someone walk up to you on the street and say, "Give me a dollar muther fucker?" It happened to me last month in New Center. There was indeed a lesson in respect given that day. I'm sure he'll remember it for a while.
Two quick Google searches wrote:The population of Grayling, MI is 89.9% White Alone, 4.74% Hispanic or Latino, and 4.52% Black or African American Alone.

The population of Traverse City, MI is 91.7% White Alone, 2.52% Hispanic or Latino, and 2.23% Two or More Races.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:34 pm
Anybody want to take a guess as to how long the NFL team in Washington is known as the Redskins?

I put the over/under at 6 months.
That battle's been fought. If you remember a few years back, the Natives Americans said "We don't care".

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 pm
That battle's been fought.
Oh, really? This headline from the Washington Post just yesterday: "The Redskins' name is the shameful statue of the NFL....tear it down." "https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... r-it-down/"

And just 2 hours ago from the AP: "Debate on racism renews calls for Redskins to change name" https://apnews.com/dbf8f65947560be30a7952d6cf510ef0
Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser last week called the name “an obstacle” to the team building a new stadium and headquarters in the District, which would likely be on land leased by the federal government. The site of the team’s former home, RFK Stadium, is one option, along with locations in Maryland and Virginia when the current lease at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, expires in 2027.

“I think it’s past time for the team to deal with what offends so many people,” Bowser told Team 980 radio. “This is a great franchise with a great history that’s beloved in Washington, and it deserves a name that reflects the affection that we’ve built for the team.”
The left NEVER gives up. EVER. There's no such thing as a battle that's already been fought if the end result is a loss for the left. They don't ever, EVER accept defeat.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:14 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm
I didn't heat the left demanding an end to the Aunt jemima brand.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:50 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 pm
Rather than quote a few different post in this thread, let me do a Cliff Notes version:
Should Irish in America seek to have references to Ireland removed on products in America? Irish Spring, Irish beer, whatever.
Does it not represent the oppression and religious persecutions that drove their ancestors to leave the Emerald Isle?

Do references to anything German offend those whos ancestors lost their lives while that country was run by Nazi's?

I suppose I could go on and on.
At first it sound ludicrous. But what's different than the reasons being given for changing the names of products discussed in this thread?

And unlike other ethnic groups, the Eskimos don't care if you name something after them. Ask an Eskimo, not the media.
I was accosted at the fuel pump for driving a German vehicle, never mind I bought it used.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:50 pm

I was accosted at the fuel pump for driving a German vehicle, never mind I bought it used.

I hope you told the person where to go.

If you want to drive a passenger car other than a Mustang or a Charger, you pretty much have to buy an import. The big 3 have surrendered that market.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:14 pm
audiophile wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:31 pm
I didn't heat the left demanding an end to the Aunt jemima brand.
Me either. Some of this is companies and white elites pushing this...

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 pm
Me either. Some of this is companies and white elites pushing this...
I envision this as being the black response to these white elitists:

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:46 pm

A few years ago GM introduced a new Buick model called Lacrosse. Shortly after it hit the market, someone in GM's political correctness department hit the panic button. In French, Lacrosse has some lewd or vulgar connotation. "We'll offend the Canadian customers." They started slapping a new brand name on the vehicles being exported to Canada. I don't know of any Canadians who were offended by it. My French speaking friends thought it was funny.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Communism tolerates a few elites that are necessary to feed and provide needed goods and services to themselves mainly and the rest poorly. In the Soviet Union, these elites made more than 10 times what the Proles did. Mainly there was the very rich Soviets and the Politboro, the "necessary" Bourgeoisie, and the Proles who were equal-ALL EQUALLY MISEREABLE. This maximized what the rich and Politboro were able to suck out of the Proles.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic